Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL preseason QB Rankings

coltsfanej

Top 20 according to Frank.  

I tend to give Jacoby credit for starting 15 games with that awful roster, especially the  oline, and finishing his first season with 3000 yards 13 tds against only 7 ints.  Granted, it was not great, but the sample proved efficient production following just 1 week of preparation.

• Like 1

He is rated that low because there is not much to go on. That ranking is fair for now. I posted about a month ago that Brissett was around the 30th best QB this season and could start for a few teams.  That was based on him being a backup at the time. I had Luck 5th. Having said that we have a good team around Brissett and he very well could be around 15th or so by seasons end. He is talented and has weapons on this ream. Any ranking for Brissett is a crapshoot ranking because he was a backup last season and when he started in 2017, the team sucked.

• Like 2

Just now, Four2itus said:

Man, the season has went from over the top expectations, to complete freedom to just relax and take it all in. I am quite excited. 

I agree, I would've been on pins and needles all season had Luck not retired expecting an AFC Title Game appearance, maybe a SB but now the expectations are lower. It's bad in a way but good as in, my blood pressure, heart, and stomach will be better off all season lmao . If we lose now early in the playoffs or do not make the playoffs, I will understand it more. If we win it will feel like 1995 all over again and a pleasantly surprising good season. I would prefer Luck was playing but now I can accept losses much better if we lose.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I would've been on pins and needles all season had Luck not retired expecting an AFC Title Game appearance, maybe a SB but now the expectations are lower. It's bad in a way but good as in, my blood pressure, heart, and stomach will be better off all season lmao . If we lose now early in the playoffs or do not make the playoffs, I will understand it more. If we win it will feel like 1995 all over again and a pleasantly surprising good season. I would prefer Luck was playing but now I can accept losses much better if we lose.

I don’t think we will have to be worried about another 2006 Divisional meltdown like the Steelers dished out.

Never has any Colts game upset me more, than that game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel the same

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I don’t think we will have to be worried about another 2006 Divisional meltdown like the Steelers dished out.

Yeah that game was demoralizing. I could not believe we lost that game, I remember just staring at the TV for like 30 minutes in disbelief. That was before we had won a SB with Manning so at the time it was just terrible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

OMG.  Stop it that was the worst game in Colts history I have tried to forget that for years now.   That was the best team the Colts ever had with Peyton Manning no question about it but they were held out their last two games and didn’t start playing until the end of the game .   Tony Dungee screwed that up as far as I’m concerned I hate that game I’ve never watched it since.   And I have it on DVD . LOL 

5 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

According to NFLs panel of analysts they have Jacoby ranked as the 29th starting QB. Above only Fitzpatrick,  Keenum, and Eli. 

Which means he was considered as a starting caliber backup over the last 17 months and worthy of a higher draft pick in trade value, unlike the many on this forum that said that was crap... 

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

I watched the game from home. Had a relative at the game. They were heading out, along with half of the RCA dome, when Bettis fumbled and (thanks to his woman stabbing him in the thigh) Harper couldn't outrun fat Ben Roethlisberger... they said everyone ran back into the stadium, and those that were just steps out of the dome couldn't get back in (lol... don't leave early).

What a game/nightmare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I watched the game from home. Had a relative at the game. They were heading out, along with half of the RCA dome, when Bettis fumbled and (thanks to his woman stabbing him in the thigh) Harper couldn't outrun fat Ben Roethlisberger... they said everyone ran back into the stadium, and those that were just steps out of the dome couldn't get back in (lol... don't leave early).

What a game/nightmare.

Does Nick score if he cuts the other direction? I’ve always thought so?

steve crocker smh GIF by WBRC FOX6 News

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

I really wish Eli would retire it's sad to see him in his final years like this

Yeah. It's a shame to watch great people devolve instead of quiting while ahead. 

Ali, Tyson, Tiger, Serena, Ringo.  A damn shame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

The packers defense will do the same thing to JB as they did to Mitch. JB needs to prove it

Nah packers d would n't do that to Brissett. Our oline is better than the bears oline. Brissett  is a better  qb than mitch. Better pocket presence.  Will be a top 10 qb by years end.

10 minutes ago, runthepost said:

The packers defense will do the same thing to JB as they did to Mitch. JB needs to prove it

Not sure if that is true, last season the Packers defense was terrible. They ranked 22nd in points allowed (25 a game). Mitch is just very inconsistent, no excuse to score just 3 points at home against a team not known for the defense. It is not like the Packers were coming in known to having a 2000 Ravens defense. I think it was more Mitch playing badly than it was the Packers defense playing great. Mitch had WR's open on plenty of occasions and missed his target. That is why he was getting boo'd by Bears fans.

10 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I really wish Eli would retire it's sad to see him in his final years like this

I have no doubt this is Eli’s last season with D. Jones set to take over the reigns at some point. However, Eli did not play to bad last season and was unfairly picked on IMO.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

5 hours ago, neug3246 said:

That list was a joke Arron Rodgers was #2. Dont get me wrong he is a good QB but hasn't played like a top 10 since he won the Super Bowl. His game tonight also proved thst he isn't a number 2 QB 

Thats an insane statement you just made.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure if that is true, last season the Packers defense was terrible. They ranked 22nd in points allowed (25 a game). Mitch is just very inconsistent, no excuse to score just 3 points at home against a team not known for the defense. It is not like the Packers were coming in known to having a 2000 Ravens defense. I think it was more Mitch playing badly than it was the Packers defense playing great. Mitch had WR's open on plenty of occasions and missed his target. That is why he was getting boo'd by Bears fans.

Last year and this year packer defense is not comparable. You remember the free agents and draft picks they made? Signed 2 of the best edge rushers in free agency, signed Amos then went heavy on defense in the draft.  Also yes Mitch was terrible today but he was pressured on the majority of his snaps