Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
MTC

2019 Colts Captains announced

Recommended Posts

 
QB Jacoby Brissett
WR TY Hilton
K Adam Vinatieri
S Clayton Geathers
LB Darius Leonard

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T.Y should have been a captain a long time ago

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one on the OL is a bit of a surprise to me. Thought for sure at least Castonzo or Nelson might get one. Good for Leonard too. Can’t say enough about how much of a steal he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

No one on the OL is a bit of a surprise to me. Thought for sure at least Castonzo or Nelson might get one. Good for Leonard too. Can’t say enough about how much of a steal he was.

lineman like to be out of the shadows and its less movement for them saving all that energy for game day hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would swap out Brissett for Castonzo, unless of course being the QB makes you Captain by default.  Apparently, it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

T.Y should have been a captain a long time ago

It's possible that he didn't want to before now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

I would swap out Brissett for Castonzo, unless of course being the QB makes you Captain by default.  Apparently, it does.

Brissett has had a great rapport with his teammates.    

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

I would swap out Brissett for Castonzo, unless of course being the QB makes you Captain by default.  Apparently, it does.

I agree I would have went with either AC or Big Q. also would have rather seen Hooker instead of Geathers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MTC said:
 
QB Jacoby Brissett
WR TY Hilton
K Adam Vinatieri
S Clayton Geathers
LB Darius Leonard

 

What do the stars represent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

What do the stars represent?

I’m not sure but I think it’s how many times you have been captain up 5 obviously vinny has been captain for more than 5 years

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely should have an OL as a C.

I love AV, but not as a C.

Too early IMO for JB.

A little surprised about Geathers given some of the hoopla around Willis.

TY and Leonard are the only ones that are absolute locks to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Definitely should have an OL as a C.

I love AV, but not as a C.

Too early IMO for JB.

A little surprised about Geathers given some of the hoopla around Willis.

TY and Leonard are the only ones that are absolute locks to me.

You understand the players vote for this.    The coaches don't pick.   The guys actually in the locker room know who the leaders are.  Fans have no clue

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You understand the players vote for this.    The coaches don't pick.   The guys actually in the locker room know who the leaders are.  Fans have no clue

 

Why would how they were picked impact my surprise at some of the names, or opinion?

 

I know we've went back and forth over the last 10 years (how they are selected), and IIRC, for the last 5-6 years, they've been voted on by the team. Prior to Luck, I think they even rotated TCs every week. Anyway, doesn't really matter in terms of my reaction.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Why would how they were picked impact my surprise at some of the names, or opinion?

 

I know we've went back and forth over the last 10 years (how they are selected), and IIRC, for the last 5-6 years, they've been voted on by the team. Prior to Luck, I think they even rotated TCs every week. Anyway, doesn't really matter in terms of my reaction.

 

 

The players choose.   They know who the leaders are.   Your reaction means nothing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The players choose.   They know who the leaders are.   Your reaction means nothing

My reaction means as much as yours. Both mean nothing. It's an opinion board... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My reaction means as much as yours. Both mean nothing. It's an opinion board... 

However my opinion is based on fact,  while yours is based on .. well whatever you based it on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

However my opinion is based on fact,  while yours is based on .. well whatever you based it on

The thread was created to communicate the news of the new captains, and gain reaction. I listed my reaction. A reaction is not "fact", it's an opinion. You're reaction to my reaction is "you know nothing, whatever the team does is right". That's not really fact either... It's an opinion of my opinion. We don't have to agree. I'd point out that every democratically elected position, team or government, doesn't always turn out to be correct. It's just what those voting want at the time. If you prefer to be the opinion  police, fine, carry on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The thread was created to communicate the news of the new captains, and gain reaction. I listed my reaction. A reaction is not "fact", it's an opinion. You're reaction to my reaction is "you know nothing, whatever the team does is right". That's not really fact either... It's an opinion of my opinion. We don't have to agree. I'd point out that every democratically elected position, team or government, doesn't always turn out to be correct. It's just what those voting want at the time. If you prefer to be the opinion  police, fine, carry on.

Thanks.   Those in the know is who I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I love AV, but not as a C.

 

Viniateri is an automatic Captain... Why? Because he's older than half of the head coaches in this league and this team respects their elders, ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The thread was created to communicate the news of the new captains, and gain reaction. I listed my reaction. A reaction is not "fact", it's an opinion. You're reaction to my reaction is "you know nothing, whatever the team does is right". That's not really fact either... It's an opinion of my opinion. We don't have to agree. I'd point out that every democratically elected position, team or government, doesn't always turn out to be correct. It's just what those voting want at the time. If you prefer to be the opinion  police, fine, carry on.

 

Your opinion on his opinion of your opinion is bad... and that's my opinion. Ok?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Thanks.   Those in the know is who I believe

If all team mates voting for team captains each year are always correct because they are "in the know", why do you have guys like Tyreek Hill who was voted a captain in KC last year. Not sure if you've ever coached, but both players and coaches can make mistakes. I'm not saying they have this year, but they are certainly not infallible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Viniateri is an automatic Captain... Why? Because he's older than half of the head coaches in this league and this team respects their elders, ok?

I get it, I'm just not a fan of STs captains unless they are returners. It's a personal preference. I love AV so it really doesn't bother me.

 

30 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Your opinion on his opinion of your opinion is bad... and that's my opinion. Ok?

Sure it's OK. But.... I think your opinion, of my opinion, on his opinion, of my opinion is bad! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I thought they'd bring back Samson Satele for the job.

 

No, Jeremy Vujnovich.

 

LOL at this ESPN goof.

 

Evan-Boehm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree I would have went with either AC or Big Q. also would have rather seen Hooker instead of Geathers.

He has been last couple years captain, and I think it is also due to his position as protector on punt. He is only one out there on punt who is captain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Definitely should have an OL as a C.

I love AV, but not as a C.

Too early IMO for JB.

A little surprised about Geathers given some of the hoopla around Willis.

TY and Leonard are the only ones that are absolute locks to me.

It’s not too early for Brissett. Go back to 2017. You can see how vocal he was on the sidelines during games and really helped lead them in Luck’s offense. Ballard has said repeatedly that he’s a rare leader. Even when Luck had his pro-bowl season last year, Ballard talked about how he denied trade requests because Jacoby was and important presence in the locker room. Seems to be true now that his teammates have voted him as a captain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s not too early for Brissett. Go back to 2017. You can see how vocal he was on the sidelines during games and really helped lead them in Luck’s offense. Ballard has said repeatedly that he’s a rare leader. Even when Luck had his pro-bowl season last year, Ballard talked about how he denied trade requests because Jacoby was and important presence in the locker room. Seems to be true now that his teammates have voted him as a captain.

 

It's purely my opinion and I'm a bit old school. I just prefer Cs go to guys that are both great locker room/team guys plus players who have unquestionable results on the field. JB is definitely an established voice in the locker room and fantastic human being. Honest question though. What if god forbid the team struggles and we're sitting at 1-5, 3-8, or something similar, and all of a sudden there's a QB controversy and the FO decides to make a switch. Now all of sudden you have a C that's been benched. 

 

I know that most teams have moved from coaches picking, to players voting. It works out great most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't. The good thing though, is that JB is a class guy and if a change is made, he'll handle it well. I'm just not a fan of putting a C on anyone that hasn't established themselves via game performance (W/L).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players choose yea may be an opinion board but jvan1973 you have too ignore ignorance and non football knowledge. Let it slide off your back brother ! The loudest * in the room does so for attention and opininated nonsense is their calling card ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

It's purely my opinion and I'm a bit old school. I just prefer Cs go to guys that are both great locker room/team guys plus players who have unquestionable results on the field. JB is definitely an established voice in the locker room and fantastic human being. Honest question though. What if god forbid the team struggles and we're sitting at 1-5, 3-8, or something similar, and all of a sudden there's a QB controversy and the FO decides to make a switch. Now all of sudden you have a C that's been benched. 

 

I know that most teams have moved from coaches picking, to players voting. It works out great most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't. The good thing though, is that JB is a class guy and if a change is made, he'll handle it well. I'm just not a fan of putting a C on anyone that hasn't established themselves via game performance (W/L).

No idea why you're struggling so hard for this one.  It's not even up to the fans, man,  And the title is pretty meaningless outside the clubhouse.

 

Just because Brissett hasn't shown YOU enough yet doesn't mean he's not a huge presence in the clubhouse.  You need to slow your roll and think things through a bit better.  You're really out to lunch on this one man.

 

Also there's literally zero indication from the team itself that there's any QB controversy.  Jacoby Brissett is the starter.  Brian Hoyer is the backup.  Chad Kelly is a project QB who's being developed for his potential down the road, not this year. 

 

Even if we struggle, I don't expect that to change, not this year.  Hoyer will get starts before Kelly will.  And Hoyer will probably not start this year.  Brissett is our starter for 2019.  Accept it, work with it, love it.  Or at least deal with it because it's happening whether you like it or not.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

It's purely my opinion and I'm a bit old school. I just prefer Cs go to guys that are both great locker room/team guys plus players who have unquestionable results on the field. JB is definitely an established voice in the locker room and fantastic human being. Honest question though. What if god forbid the team struggles and we're sitting at 1-5, 3-8, or something similar, and all of a sudden there's a QB controversy and the FO decides to make a switch. Now all of sudden you have a C that's been benched. 

 

I know that most teams have moved from coaches picking, to players voting. It works out great most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't. The good thing though, is that JB is a class guy and if a change is made, he'll handle it well. I'm just not a fan of putting a C on anyone that hasn't established themselves via game performance (W/L).

In that case nothing changes. You win as a team and lose as a team. That includes captains as well. Geathers is a captain and he was one last year, and he isn’t exactly an elite player. You’re looking for leaders to hold people accountable and motivate teammates to give their all. That has nothing to do with on the field production. Plus he’s the QB. He should be a leader. When people scout QBs one of the most important intangibles they look at is leadership ability. When Mitchell Trubisky was coming out, one of the biggest questions surrounding him was why he wasn’t a captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 8:40 PM, EastStreet said:

Definitely should have an OL as a C.

I love AV, but not as a C.

Too early IMO for JB.

A little surprised about Geathers given some of the hoopla around Willis.

TY and Leonard are the only ones that are absolute locks to me.

 

 Seems like the players KNOW who their leaders are, and you have an odd view on how to manufacture the process.
 That Geathers/Willis "surprise" opinion is as far out there as one can get.
It is all ok though, no one is going on IR from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...