Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Irsay turned down $3.2 billion offer for team

1959Colts

...Via the Indianapolis Star, the team has confirmed that owner Jim Irsay rejected an offer from an unspecified buyer of $3.2 billion for the franchise. The identity of the potential buyer was not disclosed. A team spokesperson also told the Star that the Colts are not for sale...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/04/colts-claim-jim-irsay-turned-down-3-2-billion-offer-for-the-team/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i'm saying that person who called probably didn't have 3.2 billion it could be just a prankster lol

Yeah you are probably right?

I just googled it. I didnt even realize...

The USA meaning of a billion is a thousand million, or one followed by nine noughts (1,000,000,000).

Google lists Jim Irsay's Net Worth at 3 billion...

So I guess the offer is possible.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Jim and I are still negotiating. We’re due for lunch tomorrow for another round of bargaining. 

No. You can’t have a job. 

Throw in Jimi Hendrix’s Strat or King David’s harp with that 3.2 bazillion and I think he’ll bite! :bossy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Jim and I are still negotiating. We’re due for lunch tomorrow for another round of bargaining. 

I have money in the bank and I will even throw in my house!

I want in as miniscule partial owner John, I'm in! :thmup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Hey John, I'm not paying you to have lunch with the client. Get the negotiation over with and report to me first thing in the morning on the deal. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, chad hugo said:

3.2 billion was just not enough but everyone and everything has a price.

Irsay wants for nothing. He spends thousands on his Guitars. He lives a wealthy life all while getting to own the Colts, another love of his. He has no need for more money. Hes got a nice cash flow going. What will billions give him that he doesn't already have? 

• Like 5

Puts things in perspective.

Tonight, my next-door neighbor was telling me they are selling their beach properties.  She also said they sold a building and property they were previously leasing to a salvation army-type 2nd hand (donation driven) store.    For $5.5 million.

I thought "nice, I think i'll buy the island next to Johnny Depp."

In Irsay's case, I'd say "nice, i think i'll buy the country next to...."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Irsay wants for nothing. He spends thousands on his Guitars. He lives a wealthy life all while getting to own the Colts, another love of his. He has no need for more money. Hes got a nice cash flow going. What will billions give him that he doesn't already have? 

ANY of the Kardashian girls.

Heck, all of them if he wants.  They'll even throw in the mom and brother.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps but usually where there’s smoke, there’s fire. If Irsay is shopping the Colts......

You don't have to shop to get an offer. So who really knows. I just hope if he ever did sell they would stay in Indy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i'm saying that person who called probably didn't have 3.2 billion it could be just a prankster lol

This comment doesn't make any sense.  Businesses get bought and sold for similar amount all the time.  The person probably does have 3.2 billion in cash that is true but that is not a requirement nor is that how these transactions happen.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No matter who the owner is, I'd expect the Colts to stay in INdy.  Where else would they go?  There aren't that many other cities that the NFL can go to, at least in the USA.

San Antonio has been looking for a team, they were really trying to get the Raiders before they decided to go to Las Vegas, and already have the Alamodome, although I’m sure it’s quite outdated to today’s standards, definitely no Lucas Oil Stadium.  Doubt that would ever happen, though.  I might be moving down there in the next few years so a guy can dream right, LOL!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Right he’d regret it Like the owner from heaven can wait:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No matter who the owner is, I'd expect the Colts to stay in INdy.  Where else would they go?  There aren't that many other cities that the NFL can go to, at least in the USA.

There are several potential cities that can and would support an NFL team.  Goodall has been wanting to have a team in a different country too.  I don't like that idea unless it is Toronto.

There are over 600 billionaires in the USA alone.  

If I was a billionaire, I would be making offers to buy NFL teams too.   

• Like 1

If sold, why would the Colts move away from Indy?  Indy is actually one of the NFL's 10 largest cities with a population larger than Boston, Cincy, Cleveland, Detroit, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Baltimore, KC and on and on.

This is not 1984 anymore.

• Like 1