Indianapolis Colts
Hoose

Do the Colts put Chad Kelly on the 53 man roster after his suspension is over?

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he gets assigned to the PS so all these ridiculous posts stop. I don’t think I have ever seen this about a player that has zero experience in the NFL.

I feel sorry for JB and BH

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

How many are qbs?  It makes a difference

:facepalm:

I was agreeing with you about the craziness 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He'll be on the 53.

Given his good behavior, good performance, CB and FR's compliments, etc..

Given that FR and Jim Kelly are long time friends, one would also think CK would have been waived early as a courtesy to find a spot with another team if we did not intend on keeping him. 

His preseason performance made it highly unlikely he'd make it through the waiver process to get slotted on our PS. Plus... Hoyer isn't anything more than just a safe backup who will help in the QB room. Add in that many teams keep 3 QB, and also mix in the fact we have surplus/luxury kind of numbers at several positions that are more than fine with depth.

If he can keep his nose clean this year, I'd bet he is the FO's plan B should JB get hurt or not pan out.

Bonus.... All the haters need to chill. He was a punk kid with perhaps a substance problem who is now getting the right support from a team and HC with ties to his uncle. He didn't beat up any women or children, wasn't caught with drugs or guns, etc.. His only true flag is repetitive behavior. Most of the folks that are overly critical of him, are the same folks who worship at the alter of Ballard. If Ballard can do no wrong, I hope the worshipers can get behind the kid if he's kept on the team.

Actually.  The colts are doing him a favor by keeping him on the suspended list.   If they cut him after the suspension,  he is free to sign anywhere and the suspension is over.  If they didn't sign him.  He would have to have been signed before the suspension came off

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He didn't jump,  he fell.    He is a punter not a qb.  

lol did you reeaaally believe that.  

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I feel sorry for JB and BH

I am curious if all these posters are new posters. Were they here before chad Kelly?

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am curious if all these posters are new posters. Were they here before chad Kelly?

Not all

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he gets assigned to the PS so all these ridiculous posts stop. I don’t think I have ever seen this about a player that has zero experience in the NFL.

At the expense of Walker who has done nothing but be another good teammate 

working constantly with 3rd and 4th string players and getting no love.  I would

rather keep Walker there and take a flyer on CK. If it dosnt work out, then just

cut him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blindside said:

At the expense of Walker who has done nothing but be another good teammate 

working constantly with 3rd and 4th string players and getting no love.  I would

rather keep Walker there and take a flyer on CK. If it dosnt work out, then just

cut him. 

Teams that keep 3 QBs on the active rarely keep a 4th on the PS

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It's very telling that you don't want Kelly on the team rather than have to see differing opinions. Why are you in this thread if you dislike him so much?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

He should, i see zero reasons why Hoyer should be there instead

Take your sunglasses off.

Its Hasselbeck 2.0.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Im not confident you will have 3 Qb's on the active roster by the end of the season.

Hoyer was given a primo deal and he may never play a single game for the Colts.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I'm from Zionsville and went to undergrad at Ball State and got a law degree at Notre Dame. Anything else you want to know?

Just now, Blindside said:

Im not confident you will have 3 Qb's on the active roster by the end of the season.

Hoyer was given a primo deal and he may never play a single game for the Colts.

Hoyer will be here for the year

The salary says so

3 minutes ago, Rebel said:

It's very telling that you don't want Kelly on the team rather than have to see differing opinions. Why are you in this thread if you dislike him so much?

I don’t dislike. He isn’t ready to be a backup or starter. The way you guys are carryon is ridiculous. My QB right now is JB. I am not going to doubt him until he gives me a reason to.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t dislike. He isn’t ready to be a backup or starter. The way you guys are carryon is ridiculous. My QB right now is JB. I am not going to doubt him until he gives me a reason to.

That is the way I feel

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Well he's my QB too, I just don't have confidence in him yet and I freaking loved what I saw from Kelly. The eye test tells me Kelly has a better chance at being a top tier QB than JB. I'm also a defense attorney so it pisses me off to see people say things about people that are untrue. 

2 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Well he's my QB too, I just don't have confidence in him yet and I freaking loved what I saw from Kelly. The eye test tells me Kelly has a better chance at being a top tier QB than JB. I'm also a defense attorney so it pisses me off to see people say things about people that are untrue. 

Tavke this somewhere else

59 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

I'd certainly hope that if someone continued to run you down on the internet about something that didn't occur that you'd appreciate someone pointing out the falsehood of that slander. 

... are you... Chad Kelly?? 

oh my god wow GIF

Just now, Lennon1940 said:

zQ2Jahm.gif

Your life story has nothing to do with CK or whether he will be kept which is what this thread is about

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Your life story has nothing to do with CK or whether he will be kept which is what this thread is about

He is a defense atty and Chad Kelly is a reprehensible career criminal of the worst kind (lol). So, I think it's completely germane to the thread topic.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You forgot Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and Johnny Unitas 

200.gif

Let me guess, Tom is the one with the long nose lmao 

26 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Actually.  The colts are doing him a favor by keeping him on the suspended list.   If they cut him after the suspension,  he is free to sign anywhere and the suspension is over.  If they didn't sign him.  He would have to have been signed before the suspension came off

This was probably the last thing on the FO's mind when trying to decide what to do at QB. 

Sure, Reich is probably doing Jim a favor, but the FO's altruism has it's limits. Had we waived him prior to cut down day, he would have been picked up and in the same situation he is today. There are 14 teams that kept more than 2 QBs, and IIRC 3 or 4 that actually kept 4.... There are several GMs/HCs who would have strongly considered him after his preseason performance. And there are plenty of teams who are taking chances on guys who have done worse.

Purely my opinion, but the FO has set themselves up for extreme flexibility over the next two years. They can give JB a shot with a short term and low dollar contract, they can give CK a shot late this year or next if JB doesn't work out, and they turn to the draft in 20 or 21 with plenty of draft capital and cap space. All while having a "safe" backup in Hoyer. They could even cut Hoyer at any time should they want to given the contract amount with little impact to our cap. In short, they really haven't committed to anything and have not really impacted draft capital or cap....

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me guess, Tom is the one with the long nose lmao 

The site merged threads but yes

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Is this simply your opinion, or have you checked the 14 team's PSs that have kept 3 or 4 QBs on the 53?

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

This was probably the last thing on the FO's mind when trying to decide what to do at QB. 

Sure, Reich is probably doing Jim a favor, but the FO's altruism has it's limits. Had we waived him prior to cut down day, he would have been picked up and in the same situation he is today. There are 14 teams that kept more than 2 QBs, and IIRC 3 or 4 that actually kept 4.... There are several GMs/HCs who would have strongly considered him after his preseason performance. And there are plenty of teams who are taking chances on guys who have done worse.

Purely my opinion, but the FO has set themselves up for extreme flexibility over the next two years. They can give JB a shot with a short term and low dollar contract, they can give CK a shot late this year or next if JB doesn't work out, and they turn to the draft in 20 or 21 with plenty of draft capital and cap space. All while having a "safe" backup in Hoyer. They could even cut Hoyer at any time should they want to given the contract amount with little impact to our cap. In short, they really haven't committed to anything and have not really impacted draft capital or cap....

I don’t think they will cut Hoyer but a trade of him or CK to a QB needy team could be a possibility if the spot is needed

5 minutes ago, Rebel said:

He is a defense atty and Chad Kelly is a reprehensible career criminal of the worst kind (lol). So, I think it's completely germane to the thread topic.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Is this simply your opinion, or have you checked the 14 team's PSs that have kept 3 or 4 QBs on the 53?

I am a planner and researcher so I looked at the roster of the Saints who dress 3 QBs every week and used rarely

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am a planner and researcher so I looked at the roster of the Saints who dress 3 QBs every week

So you're basing your assertion/comment on one team. Got it.

16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am a planner and researcher...

31 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am a planner and researcher so I looked at the roster of the Saints who dress 3 QBs every week and used rarely

Taysom Hill is also their kick returner and sometimes comes in as a scatback type rusher/receiver. It's a bit different than any other QB situation in the league. 

1 minute ago, Lennon1940 said:

Taysom Hill is also their kick returner and sometimes comes in as a scatback type rusher/receiver. It's a bit different than any other QB situation in the league. 

Agreed and they would be the idea team to carry a 4th and they don’t    

I have a feeling that when CK comes back that PW will be cut unless FR and staff doesn’t think CK can handle the role which could make him the odd man out

8 minutes ago, Rebel said:

And.....

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Practice squad replacing Phillip Walker is my guess....

He'd be taken from waivers. There are some really bad backups out there. Lions, Bucs, Jacksonville, Bears

8 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

He'd be taken from waivers. There are some really bad backups out there. Lions, Bucs, Jacksonville, Bears

If that's the case why was there very little movement on the previous young QB's that were waived?

I mean anything is possible.....you have your opinion and I have mine. Mine won't change....

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

If that's the case why was there very little movement on the previous young QB's that were waived?

I mean anything is possible.....you have your opinion and I have mine. Mine won't change....

Lions did trade for Blough 

most of the guys picked had some form of experience 

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Maybe they were waived because they weren't any good, whereas Kelly clearly is.

40 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Maybe they were waived because they weren't any good, whereas Kelly clearly is.

Like I said, we all have our opinions and this is not a debate class. The OP asked for an opinion and I gave mine as you surely did as well.

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Like I said, we all have our opinions and this is not a debate class. The OP asked for an opinion and I gave mine as you surely did as well.

Did someone say debate class? Back when I was a wee pup at Harvard Law, the debate team was especially my fav.