Indianapolis Colts
Hoose

Do the Colts put Chad Kelly on the 53 man roster after his suspension is over?

7 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I’m not low on Kelly, I think he has potential for sure, but do we honestly want a QB who might not play all 16 because he got suspended for something else? He has a lot of red flags, I’d rather have a mediocre QB who I know will play each week over a decent QB who might or might not be there. The NFL is all about continuity, having a risk along the lines of CK is a very ballsy decision

he's the #3 QB so it dont matter and if he gets in trouble hes getting cut so it wouldnt matter anyway

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nobody has said that. We do choose to be optimistic because he has a great team around him. What would be the purpose of being so negative when not one game has been played yet.

literally no one should be claiming hes gonna be an MVP candidate. the fact that no one can seem to see exactly how stupid that sounds is ridiculous. being optimistic is one thing being a fool is totally different.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

he's the #3 QB so it dont matter and if he gets in trouble hes getting cut so it wouldnt matter anyway

Monte, I'll take what's behind door number 3 ….

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

literally no one should be claiming hes gonna be an MVP candidate. the fact that no one can seem to see exactly how stupid that sounds is ridiculous. being optimistic is one thing being a fool is totally different.

That wasn’t the fans lol. That was just a silly prediction by a media guy. Learn the difference.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That wasn’t the fans lol. That was just a silly prediction by a media guy. Learn the difference.

the fans arent much different. some are optimistic but the fools acting like hes gonna be just as good or close to Andrew Luck are fooling themselves.

seem people claim he's gonna sweep the division and win 11 or 12 games if people dont think that is crazy then they need help. your easily the biggest homer on the team you flip flop opinions more than you prolly change clothes.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

the fans arent much different. some are optimistic but the fools acting like hes gonna be just as good or close to Andrew Luck are fooling themselves.

seem people claim he's gonna sweep the division and win 11 or 12 games if people dont think that is crazy then they need help. your easily the biggest homer on the team you flip flop opinions more than you prolly change clothes.

No one has said that lol.  Why not wait until the season starts to talk about how bad we are going to be.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No one has said that lol.  Why not wait until the season starts to talk about how bad we are going to be.

I dont think we will be bad. just cause I dont think JB is a savior doesn't mean I think we will be bad 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't you hear? He will be better than Peyton Manning :sarcasm::funny:

You forgot Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and Johnny Unitas 

200.gif

• Haha 1

I think, if they weren't willing to take a chance on losing Kelly, they wouldn't have signed Hoyer for 3 years.  I can't think of anyone on the roster that they would cut in favor of CK.  But, in these 1st two weeks, if there's an injury & someone goes on IR, they might squeeze him in.  

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Funny post.   Of the three he is the only one to be arrested for stumbling into a stranger's home

What an extremely dangerous man. How can anyone ever trust him after such a vile and malicious act? Kelly walked into a home and sat on their sofa for a couple of tense minutes until leaving the house. The homeowners were obviously terrified as evidenced by the fact that they hit Kelly several times with a vacuum cleaner hose. If not for being Jim Kelly's nephew, Chad would surely be serving life in Federal Supermax for this heinous act of moral turpitude.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

What about these guys? How many pages upon pages of NFL arrests do you count? Aggravated Assault, murder, rape, domestic violence... Yet we can all agree that Unlawful Intent to Sit on a Couch must be the most egregious offense imaginable.

• Like 1

To me, you ABSOLUTELY keep 3 QBs... this year

Hoyer is 34 next month

He is NOT the Franchise QB of the future

I think that if we are at 6 games in, and we are 1-5, with JB, we will see KELLY,

To me, at some point THIS year.... if we are failing....... You HAVE to see what you have in Kelly

My hope is.... we win with Jacoby, and he shows he is in the top 15 as QB, and we keep building this team......

This year will show:

1) is JB ("The BRISKETT")...  good enough to win and get to the playoffs, in the NFL?

2) do we Draft a NEW QB in 2020?

2) Is Kelly our long term answer?

This is NOT a Super Bowl team

But, I am anxious to see how we do

The talking heads have us ranked at 25-19 (below 500 team)

I hope they are wrong

2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

What an extremely dangerous man. How can anyone ever trust him after such a vile and malicious act? Kelly walked into a home and sat on their sofa for a couple of tense minutes until leaving the house. The homeowners were obviously terrified as evidenced by the fact that they hit Kelly several times with a vacuum cleaner hose. If not for being Jim Kelly's nephew, Chad would surely be serving life in Federal Supermax for this heinous act of moral turpitude.

You do realize this was a SINGLE event in this guys life....... right?

MANY more cases, some known, I bet some NOT........  where he was a flaming wienie

He needs to grow up to lead an NFL team

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Funny post.   Of the three he is the only one to be arrested for stumbling into a stranger's home

Is what he did any worse than what Boomstick did?   Pat could have killed himself jumping into a shallow canal drunk off his butt. just saying .  Indy has a history of giving second chances.

I had us going 13-3 with Luck(losses to at chargers, at jags, at steelers). I still think we can win 10, but they won't be as easy as winning 13 with luck. This defense is going to have to play exceptional football. This defense is strong up the middle which is where you have to be great.

8 minutes ago, Blindside said:

Is what he did any worse than what Boomstick did?   Pat could have killed himself jumping into a shallow canal drunk off his butt. just saying .  Indy has a history of giving second chances.

Is that a serious question. Mcafee didn’t break into someone’s home or threaten to shoot up a bar with a assault weapon.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is that a serious question. Mcafee didn’t break into someone’s home or threaten to shoot up a bar with a assault weapon.

My point was Indy has record of giving second chances to players that have been arrested. If being a immature 20 year old making a huge mistake is a life sentence, he would not be representing the Indianapolis Colts right now. 

7 minutes ago, Blindside said:

I think second chances are fine, too.

Boys will be boys. Is the NFL supposed to be full of saints? You take a bunch of large young men injecting testosterone and reward them for pummelling each other on Sundays, yet expect them to be boy scouts? They're football players, not heart surgeons.

It's like I always laugh when people get upset about Marines drinking and fighting. Well what do they expect by taking 18 year olds and training them to be aggressive? A bunch of nancies that go to church suppers and play Bingo tournaments?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Good grief. How many times must this be said. The bouncer at the bar made up the part about the AK. He later admitted that to get the cops to come out to the bar there has to be a report of a firearm threat. This is why the assault and menacing charges were dropped and he was only found guilty of disorderly conduct, the same as Mayfield, who in case you forgot, actually fought cops and fled from them. There's also a video of the whole incident and Kelly never says that. 

Breaking into someone's home? He thought he was going to his friend's house that was actually a few doors down. It was 1am, all the lights were on, and the door was unlocked. His toxicology report came back negative.

He's no angel, but you're acting like he's Joe Mixon who broke a young woman's face or Jeffrey Simmons who beat the hell out of a woman on video and then jumped around bragging about it when he got tired of beating her. 

• Like 1

I'll say this about Chad Kelly, I really didn't know who he was until this summer, yea I saw a couple games of his at ole Miss but just here and there. In 4 preseason games he is by far the best young qb the Colts have had vying for the backup position in over 20 years. Better than Browning Nagle, Jim Sorgi, the guy before Sorgi, Curtis Painter, Chandler Harnish, Steven Morris, Philip Walker, and who knows how many other guys I can't even remember. Chad will be an nfl qb somewhere, hopefully it will be here!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I'll say this about Chad Kelly, I really didn't know who he was until this summer, yea I saw a couple games of his at ole Miss but just here and there. In 4 preseason games he is by far the best young qb the Colts have had vying for the backup position in over 20 years. Better than Browning Nagle, Jim Sorgi, the guy before Sorgi, Curtis Painter, Chandler Harnish, Steven Morris, Philip Walker, and who knows how many other guys I can't even remember. Chad will be an nfl qb somewhere, hopefully it will be here!

It’s not hard to be better then any of those guys you listed. Lol

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

This has been my take on him. Vaguely knew who he was because I remember "Jim Kelly's nephew" beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa, but had never really seen him do anything until he came to us. He just LOOKS like an NFL QB is supposed to look. He has that same quick touch and pocket movement/awareness that the really good QB's have. Definitely doesn't look like a backup. JB has always seemed just very mediocre to me. I don't think mediocre QB's get the job done in this league. 

20 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Good grief. How many times must this be said. The bouncer at the bar made up the part about the AK. He later admitted that to get the cops to come out to the bar there has to be a report of a firearm threat. This is why the assault and menacing charges were dropped and he was only found guilty of disorderly conduct, the same as Mayfield, who in case you forgot, actually fought cops and fled from them. There's also a video of the whole incident and Kelly never says that. 

Breaking into someone's home? He thought he was going to his friend's house that was actually a few doors down. It was 1am, all the lights were on, and the door was unlocked. His toxicology report came back negative.

He's no angel, but you're acting like he's Joe Mixon who broke a young woman's face or Jeffrey Simmons who beat the hell out of a woman on video and then jumped around bragging about it when he got tired of beating her. 

keegan-michael key GIF by Team Coco

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

keegan-michael key GIF by Team Coco

Why? So Chloe can continue to propagate a lie about something that actual video evidence shows didn't occur?

17 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

1. Browning Nagle was not young when he was here

2. It was  25 years ago

3. With the exception of Nagle who was drafted by NYJ, the other players you mentioned were picked in the 6 or 7 rounds or were signed as UDFAs/Street FAs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lennon1940 said:

Why? So Chloe can continue to propagate a lie about something that actual video evidence shows didn't occur?

mark wahlberg relax GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I suspect that the strategy is to slip Kelly by waivers and onto the PS after he serves out his sentence in Goodell's Bad Boy Pokey, hoping that, two weeks into the season, no one is watching too closely.  The Brissett deal, as much as it's been hyped, is really not much more than a one-year "prove it" deal with a second-year option for the team. The Colts have pretty much just bought themselves a year to sort things out and decide what to do with Kelly at that point. 

Do you really think there are NFL GMs who aren't watching the waiver wire just because it's only the second week of the season? I guarantee there are teams waiting to see what the Colts do with Kelly. Even is he does clear waivers, he can be signed at anytime off the practice squad by any team willing to add him to their active roster. If the Colts want to guarantee they get to keep Kelly he will need to be added to the active roster or he'll be snatched sometime during the season, especially if it gets later in the season and he has kept his nose clean.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

mark wahlberg relax GIF

I'd certainly hope that if someone continued to run you down on the internet about something that didn't occur that you'd appreciate someone pointing out the falsehood of that slander. 

1 minute ago, Lennon1940 said:

I'd certainly hope that if someone continued to run you down on the internet about something that didn't occur that you'd appreciate someone pointing out the falsehood of that slander. 

200.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Of the three he is the only one to be arrested for stumbling into a stranger's home

Or jumping in the canal after a good night o' drinking... oh wait, that was Pat McAfee, the beloved punter.

3 minutes ago, fahlman said:

Or jumping in the canal after a good night o' drinking... oh wait, that was Pat McAfee, the beloved punter.

This is not the Colts or NFL of old

I think they do.  The qb situation is settled in the short term but until you can really evaluate Jacoby I think its foolish to let a young talent slip thru your grasp.  I dont think he would clear waivers.  Hes obviously talented, and recently a knucklehead, but who knows where the colts will be drafting next year? Who knows how jacoby will fill the role? all the current qb contracts are made to walk away from if need be......too many things yet to be revealed.......let him sit, learn, mature a little.  Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

I think they do.  The qb situation is settled in the short term but until you can really evaluate Jacoby I think its foolish to let a young talent slip thru your grasp.  I dont think he would clear waivers.  Hes obviously talented, and recently a knucklehead, but who knows where the colts will be drafting next year? Who knows how jacoby will fill the role? all the current qb contracts are made to walk away from if need be......too many things yet to be revealed.......let him sit, learn, mature a little.  Just my opinion.

Just like Barton and JE he needs a year of seasoning    

I agree that he will maintain the #53 spot on the roster unless/until the team needs the spot

18 minutes ago, fahlman said:

Great analogy.   It's often the fanbase compares a punter to the qb.    Also,   Pat didn't walk into a stranger's home.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blindside said:

He didn't jump,  he fell.    He is a punter not a qb.  

• Like 1

I actually hope he gets assigned to the PS so all these ridiculous posts stop. I don’t think I have ever seen this about a player that has zero experience in the NFL.

He'll be on the 53.

Given his good behavior, good performance, CB and FR's compliments, etc..

Given that FR and Jim Kelly are long time friends, one would also think CK would have been waived early as a courtesy to find a spot with another team if we did not intend on keeping him. 

His preseason performance made it highly unlikely he'd make it through the waiver process to get slotted on our PS. Plus... Hoyer isn't anything more than just a safe backup who will help in the QB room. Add in that many teams keep 3 QB, and also mix in the fact we have surplus/luxury kind of numbers at several positions that are more than fine with depth.

If he can keep his nose clean this year, I'd bet he is the FO's plan B should JB get hurt or not pan out.

Bonus.... All the haters need to chill. He was a punk kid with perhaps a substance problem who is now getting the right support from a team and HC with ties to his uncle. He didn't beat up any women or children, wasn't caught with drugs or guns, etc.. His only true flag is repetitive behavior. Most of the folks that are overly critical of him, are the same folks who worship at the alter of Ballard. If Ballard can do no wrong, I hope the worshipers can get behind the kid if he's kept on the team.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Great analogy.   It's often the fanbase compares a punter to the qb.    Also,   Pat didn't walk into a stranger's home.   

The did in the old days when the QB was also the K/P

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

What about these guys? How many pages upon pages of NFL arrests do you count? Aggravated Assault, murder, rape, domestic violence... Yet we can all agree that Unlawful Intent to Sit on a Couch must be the most egregious offense imaginable.

How many are qbs?  It makes a difference

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The did in the old days when the QB was also the K/P

:facepalm: