Indianapolis Colts
Hoose

Do the Colts put Chad Kelly on the 53 man roster after his suspension is over?

18 minutes ago, Rebel said:

But the Bears will pay him a lot more than that to be starter. :stir:

They can't. He's can't get more than the UDFA money until his third season. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Thanks for posting. Sounds like there's more love there than some thought. Regardless of all the love/hate on this kid, I'm glad he stuck. More so because I think the environment is the best thing for him to mature and get his life together. JB is a pretty darn good role model for him from a behavioral aspect, and you know FR is paying special attention.

It was always obvious the Colts liked him. The question has been whether another team was interested enough to make a big play for him, and the fact that he cleared waivers should be a satisfactory answer to that question.

Now that he's back on the PS and making the maximum money he can make, on a team that likes him and that he feels comfortable with, it's unlikely that another team will be able to poach him from the PS.

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

Yep, which doesn't indicate the date of the contract. On the History Tab it shows the exact same contract on two lines - one when he initially signed and then again for the PS. I don't know if that is an error or if it is correct. I think it's more likely an error.

A look at https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/chad-kelly-21995/ shows a different story. Only the first contract is listed. Nothing yet for the PS contract.

If he got a full season's 53 pay for being on PS, it would have been a story. A pretty big story. I never saw a story, so I am skeptical. I lean much more towards overthecap having it listed incorrectly.

overthecap are very solid. I don't think I've seen many mistakes they've made. I don't know. TexansCap is a very serious twitter follow for contract and salary cap info too. I don't know if he took it from the overthecap site or he has his own sources. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

They can't. He's can't get more than the UDFA money until his third season. 

It was always obvious the Colts liked him. The question has been whether another team was interested enough to make a big play for him, and the fact that he cleared waivers should be a satisfactory answer to that question.

Now that he's back on the PS and making the maximum money he can make, on a team that likes him and that he feels comfortable with, it's unlikely that another team will be able to poach him from the PS.

I'm not sure everyone believed the Colts liked him lol. It's going to be interesting to follow him the next few years regardless where he ends up. 

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not sure everyone believed the Colts liked him lol. It's going to be interesting to follow him the next few years regardless where he ends up. 

Sure, but it was still obvious.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I hear what you're saying, and I don't disagree.  I'm reacting to the message Ballard's recent actions in particular are sending.  I'm not saying I agree or even like it very much
    • This team  is fading fast in close games, now they have bank an inconsistent kicker to win close games. Game, set, match.  Top five pick for sure.
    • Theres probably some truth in that, and that worries me more than anything.   Folding up camp at the halfway point, with a winning record, in a winnable division is contrary to what we were led to believe this organization is about.   If what you suggest is true the "rivalry is not back on".  The idea that theres no quit in this team, top to bottom character matters,  that lockerroom culture matters and must be protected, that they prove their way through adversity,  and "1,2,3 family" simply wouldnt be true.  The culture they've said they're building becomes the palest illusion.   If what you suggest is true the colts are tanking worse than the dolphins, and wont be able to evaluate effectively because they aren't running an organization that believes in it's own professed culture.   If they're just playing out the string it means they've decided to evaluate players in a losing environment not a winning one.  They wont see the best of anyone under those circumstances.     Not saying you're wrong but if they're at that point already, under these circumstances.......irsay may as well just fire everyone and move it london.  Beckham can kick for us, hes close to 50 right?
    • The bottom line is they think losing him would be a bigger detriment in the locker room then if they just let him play it out. I am almost willing to bet they have talked to teams leaders to gauge if there is any back lash going on with AV. From the way it sounds so far the players are blaming how they are playing more then they are blaming themselves.
    • that's exactly what we should not be doing.   have you ever heard the phrase "perfect is the enemy of good?"  Well until the perfect quarterback comes around I'm perfectly satisfied with the good one we already have.   And I really think that squandering the draft assets to chase an ephemeral perfect Qb will hamstring us in other areas.   The microscope some of you guys hold Brissett under is abolutely ridiculous, expecting him to do things that maybe 4 QB in the entire league are actually capable of or you dismiss him as "average" or "a career backup."  It's honestly pathetic at this point.   Exactly 0 of the QBs that won Superbowls in the last 15 years were guys drafted to be the perfect QB.  15 of those 15 teams had a QB with flaws -- even Manning had his share of flaws by the time he won one, with his age mounting and his health starting to deteriorate.   We wasted a lot of time in the Manning era chasing Superbowls with a QB heavy team and living in denial about how bad certain areas of the team were, especially on D, because Manning bailed it out.  Cost us over and over again against the Patriots until 06 when we finally managed to eke one out against them.   Then we draft Luck and repeat those same mistakes until we break Luck down and wear him out trying to cover for all the flaws we refuse to admit are there until he retires.   There IS a reason our internet nickname is "the Glue Factory."  We are not kind to our horses at times, and overoptimistically expect too much of key producers while providing too little support.  And our solution to any problem, especially at QB, is to throw it away and draft another one.  The whole league is bad about this but we're among the worst.   Just once I'd like to see the fans of this franchise admit that there's more to winning football games than having a QB and that the solution to all team problems is not to throw the QB into the woodchipper and draft another one.    It's infuriating to be the fan of the second worst team in the league when it comes to this attitude (second only to the Jets) and watch it unfold in realtime again and again.  And they DON'T learn, and they will NEVER learn unless they're called out, and probably not even then.
  • Members

• lester

lester 111

• Franklin County

Franklin County 468

• BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792 1,426

• The Fish

The Fish 1,967

• coltsfanmurf

coltsfanmurf 8

• Imgrandojji