Indianapolis Colts
Patrick Miller

Gary Brackett says....

59 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

..... There's a trade in the works. He said this yesterday on Twitter.

I very seriously doubt he knows anything.  

Plus it just makes no sense.  What QB is out there worth giving up a pick to get? What have we seen from Ballard to suggest that he'd give up a pick, especially when he can just sign a vet like Hoyer?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

..... There's a trade in the works. He said this yesterday on Twitter.

Yeah..... it was posted yesterday on here.

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

We NEED an OT for depth

HUGE HOLE

3d-4th for Jordan Mailata? 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

3d-4th for Jordan Mailata? 

He is hurt, but why not

This is a DIRE need for this team... probably the biggest hole on the roster

Backup OT

One or both OTs will get hurt for a game or two (or more :( )

Clark will get someone KILLED

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

He is hurt, but why not

This is a DIRE need for this team... probably the biggest hole on the roster

Backup OT

One or both OTs will get hurt for a game or two (or more :( )

Clark will get someone KILLED

Oh, I didn't know he's hurt. What's wrong with him? Is it serious? I just knew he's been playing well for the Eagles. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Oh, I didn't know he's hurt. What's wrong with him? Is it serious? I just knew he's been playing well for the Eagles. 

I hadnt heard of him until you posted.... seems better than Clark

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hadnt heard of him until you posted.... seems better than Clark

He's the rugby player that the Eagles got from Australia a couple of years ago and it seems like he's been developing really well. Ross Tucker has been hyping him a ton and he seems to think he can be a starter for some team. 

Yep, seems like he's wrong. I don't know what kind of connections he could have to the FO. The only trade I could see possible is Josh Rosen, and there are issues with that.

8 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep, seems like he's wrong. I don't know what kind of connections he could have to the FO. The only trade I could see possible is Josh Rosen, and there are issues with that.

I dont think Josh Rosen is proven to be better than JB

I dont think that is the path

If you look at this team, the one BLARING need is depth at OT

We have NADA after AC, and really Smith

I believe Clark is a placeholder, until this trade happens

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Now that Hoyer is signed Chris can work on finishing this trade today. 

What trade would that be? Colts have a backup. I can't see a trade unless they're working on a young QB with potential.

34 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

What trade would that be? Colts have a backup. I can't see a trade unless they're working on a young QB with potential.

I have no idea.  Brackett said there was a trade in the works.  I didn't read where he said it was for a QB.  It could be for any position.  We'll see. 

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have no idea.  Brackett said there was a trade in the works.  I didn't read where he said it was for a QB.  It could be for any position.  We'll see. 

He was responding to Holder. Holder said Colts needed a QB and Brackett said the Colts would trade for one.

Turns out they didn't have to.

We now have our starter, a rock solid mentor type QB2, and a  long term project with some upside.  We're actually set at QB.  You may not like what we have, but it's what we're going to war with because there's no easy way to upgrade from here without playing out the season first.

13 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Turns out they didn't have to.

We now have our starter, a rock solid mentor type QB2, and a  long term project with some upside.  We're actually set at QB.  You may not like what we have, but it's what we're going to war with because there's no easy way to upgrade from here without playing out the season first.

I agree. Whatever QB they trade for isn't going to start over Brissett this year.