Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You place a $10,000 bet today...

indyagent17

7....lots of close losses but they are losses just the same. To me, the running game is suspect, making life on QB, whomever it is, tougher. Very tough schedule. Defense will be better with new LB overall speed and Ya-Sin (sp?) But is there a truly dominant pass rusher? Houston is a good add but going against some very good qbs this year calls for a dominant pass rush. 

If Brisset starts slow, a QB controversy seems like it could be distracting too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

About 6 I think. Some of the rookies need to REALLY step up to make it much better than that.

? Really

You think Campbell and Ya-Sin are going to be the reason we win more than 6 games? Guys that will play, sure, but are in deep position groups. Okereke? Walker is better and will play most of the snaps next to Leonard this year. 

6 games is a slap in the face to this team, IMO. But to say the rookies will be the reason they win more of they step up is hilarious. How about the 2nd and 3rd year players step up and play better than last year? That's the whole makeup and idea of this organization. We need those (and expect) those guys to be better this year. 

For $10K I'd say 8 wins, but for a round of drinks I just bet my two sisters 10 and the AFC South crown. Of course I don't drink so I'm not sure what the final decision was on what I get when we go to watch the home playoff game.

9 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The price of the bet is a bit steep.   However if I had to put a number of wins I would say 8.   Tough schedule.   With luck I would say 10.  With Peyton in his prime 11. This schedule is no joke.   

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I say 8 also, I think with Luck it would've been 11, Peyton prime 12.

Yup....      Put me in the crowd guessing 8.      That feels about right.

Wouldn't be surprised if we win 9.   But I wouldn't be surprised if we only win 7.  (But not less.)

And agree with Luck we'd win 10-11 and with Peyton,  11-12.    You'd guess there would be some falloff with JB,  wouldn't you?     At least, a little?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And agree with Luck we'd win 10-11 and with Peyton,  11-12.    You'd guess there would be some falloff with JB,  wouldn't you?     At least, a little?

Unless this roster covers the falloff like Peyton and Luck covered the flaws of the roster over the past 20 years...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we win 9.   But I wouldn't be surprised if we only win 7.  (But not less.)

At first glance, yes.... but I don't think its necessarily an apples-to-apples comparison. Andrew benefited in a huge way from wholesale changes we've made.

My rationale for 10 wins is this....

Hopefully, with system familiarity and preparation, Jacoby has improved...

.... the roster, we know for sure, is really improved on both sides of the ball....

.... and the coaching staff is really, REALLY improved and equipped with weapons and creativity that the painfully predictable Pagano and Co. were simply bereft of.

Here is a good analysis of the Colts 2017 4th QTR flame outs.... with this excerpt noting a 20-year NFL anomoly...

- The 2017 Colts are the ONLY team in the last 20 years to hold a lead entering the 4th quarter in at least 9 games, but win no more than 4 games.

..... and it ultimately zeroes in on horrendous 4th QTR play calling....

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/the-unbelievable-story-of-the-2017-colts/

So.... is a 6-win improvement from the 2017 disaster really that optimistic given the landscape of the AFC South and with games against Miami, TB, Carolina and the Raiders?

I know I'm in the minority but I think we can ring up 10 wins. :td:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah I would think so but he may surprise us and win 10 like Luck did last year. We do have a good roster. Opening day will show us a lot IMO.

5 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

? Really

You think Campbell and Ya-Sin are going to be the reason we win more than 6 games? Guys that will play, sure, but are in deep position groups. Okereke? Walker is better and will play most of the snaps next to Leonard this year. 

6 games is a slap in the face to this team, IMO. But to say the rookies will be the reason they win more of they step up is hilarious. How about the 2nd and 3rd year players step up and play better than last year? That's the whole makeup and idea of this organization. We need those (and expect) those guys to be better this year. 

Yes really. I think we need to have some of the rookies make a similar impact to Leonard and Nelson to get in the region of a 0.500 season.

Sure, the second and third year players could step up but how much more of an impact can the second year players make from what they did last year? If Hooker, Wilson and Walker each improve by 5% does it cover up the massive drop off from Luck to Brissett and the theoretically harder schedule? I don't think it's close.

It wouldn't even surprise me if we started the season 1-4 or even 0-5 unless we get a big shot in the arm from our new players. I can only see Houston or the rookies giving us that.

@ Chargers: W - We're way more healthy

@ Titans: W - We're still better

Vs Falcons: L - They're dynamic
Vs Raiders: W - Raiders.
@ Chiefs: L - Chiefs
Vs Texans: W - This team will collapse
Vs Broncos: W - We're more talented, and this is when the Coaches best figure out Jacoby from here on out

@ Steelers: Toss up - No Clue, but leaning 55-45 in favor Steelers
Vs Dolphis: W - They're tanking for Tua

Vs Jags: W - We split home/home

Vs Titans: W - We're still better

@ Bucs: W - They wont keep up
@ Saints: L - They gud.

Vs Panthers: L - Its the Odd year. Panthers will be better

@ Jags: L - They're good at home vs us

Tenative 9-6-1

15 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

What is your honest guess on the number of wins this season?

Unless Brissett or Kelly shock and play at a very high or elite level, I'll say 6.  I'm not as high on this roster as some seem to be.  Even with Luck, an MVP candidate at QB, I thought they might have been an offseason or two away.

Hope I’m wrong, but looking like a rough year for the Colts.

1-4 start looks likely with getting a win against the raiders but losses against Chargers, Titans, Falcons, and Chiefs.

Then next 6 games look like 2-4 or 3-3.  So now we’re at 3-8 or 4-7.  

Final five games look like 1-4 or 2-3.  So now 4-12, 5-11, or best case 6-10.  

Again, hope I’m wrong!  Looking like rough times ahead.  If Hoyer has to play significant games, oooh weee, can knock the win total down 2-3.