Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts will have a top 5 defense this year!!!

coming on strong

after being ranked 10th in defense with young players last year.   this year guys like turray hooker lewis walker grover will improve  and this years draft class will be better then last ben will get 14 sacks houstin will get 12 sacks  ,  rock will be a shut down corner  ej speed will turn into darius leonard . we are loaded at every spot on defense no weakness at all on defense .    it will be the 2015 broncos defense good book it !  

ill be back in a couple weeks to gloat

Let's pump the breaks on EJ Speed. He hasn't proven anything yet and to say he will be the next darius leonard is very very premature.  Darius was a rookie All Pro, not exactly something that happens all that often.

Also, Ben Banogu getting 14 sacks (and two more than J. Houston?), lets calm down there too.... Bradley Chubb has 12 sacks in his rookie season with the broncos last year... and that was playing opposite Von Miller who was taking all of the double teams etc.

26 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

after being ranked 10th in defense with young players last year.   this year guys like turray hooker lewis walker grover will improve  and this years draft class will be better then last ben will get 14 sacks houstin will get 12 sacks  ,  rock will be a shut down corner  ej speed will turn into darius leonard . we are loaded at every spot on defense no weakness at all on defense .    it will be the 2015 broncos defense good book it !  

the a team 80s GIF

Love the optimism but you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Hope you keep the same energy if our defense gets beat up by a good team in LA next week.

We are still very young, but we have a lot of promising pieces that make me excited for the future. Top 5 is too premature at the moment imo.

• Like 1

I don't think a top 5 D is to out of question. I think we'll be top 10 for sure. We have all 11 returning and another year under the system.  Plus Houston and a lot of promising depth. I believe Hooker will have a huge year. He had 6 targets last year. He didn't have big Ben, Brees, rivers, Ryan, ECT throwing his way. They'll take shots. 

Either way I'm excited to see what we can do. 1 more week!

While I believe our defense will make improvements over last year, they may actually regress in the rankings due to the schedule they face this year.

Week 1 versus Chargers

Week 3 versus Falcons

Week 4 versus Raiders

Week 5 versus Chiefs

Week 9 versus Steelers

Week 15 versus Saints

Those 6 teams will stress our defense very much in the passing game and will inflate the rankings simply because of the yardage we'll likely allow.

Another year in the system, another free agency period, another draft and THEN we'll likely be a top 5 unit regardless of who we line up against.

Just my humble opinion....

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I sure hope you’re right because that would be another amazing draft for Ballard. 

I suggest people on this forum re watch  the KC game.  They have some young talent, but until I see otherwise, they r a below average D.   I am not trying to b negative.  They played a lot of qb challenged teams last year.  They went up against a great O and honestly, I was like ugh. This year will tell us alot about our team.  No hiding anything.