Indianapolis Colts
CR91

9/1 Roster Moves

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Chris Milton cut

Huh, that's kinda surprising. Milton sure did help out with field position quite a bit.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh wow, that's mildly surprising. Milton sure did help out with field position quite a bit.

Team must have had him at #6 on the CB Depth Chart and/or felt Lewis was better

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Color me not excited about possibly trading for a QB.

We need a backup for two weeks. That's it. I don't see a trade happening.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is this the real Gary Bracket.

This is the real one, he just doesnt have a checkmark but i followed him for years and it's his 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow. I hope this new guy is a good gunner.

I remember seeing Erickson's tweet that he only has 2 tackles on ST's. Not that it's easy to rack up tackles on returns, but yeah.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

What are you guys going to say when Kelly isn’t the backup after two weeks and ends up on the PS. There is no guarantee he will be JB backyp.

• Haha 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

I dont think they are trading for Hoyer, he was released.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think it's a safe assumption to make. Look at the quality of backups out there. Kelly was consistent throughout preseason.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

they are the ones that brought him in here to begin with, i think its fair to say they see something in CK.  Hoyer is a free agent, wouldnt be mad if we bring him in 

Milton won us a game or two as a gunner. Hopefully someone steps up. Pascal has been excellent so we will see.

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

This is the real one, he just doesnt have a checkmark but i followed him for years and it's his 

There is actually a fake Gary Brackett? wow.

• Haha 3

Even though Collins was bad in camp and preseason I think he is a good guy for the PS if we have injuries.

• Thanks 1

Hoping we get Hogan back on p.s. Glad Barton made it through waivers. Anyone have a list of rookie draft picks cut yesterday listed by draft position.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they are the ones that brought him in here to begin with, i think its fair to say they see something in CK.  Hoyer is a free agent, wouldnt be mad if we bring him in 

I missed the news on the Pats releasing him. If he signs here, I don't see this franchise keeping 3 qbs on the active roster. 

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we trade for a QB Kelly will be going to the practice squad.

Kelly would never make it to the PS.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If Hoyer is brought in CK will have a chance to develop as the 3rd QB or PS

Doubt CK would last on the practice squad 5 minutes.

Hoyer might even be better than Brisset tbh.  he wont have the same arm, but the guy is a good game manager 

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

They bring in lots of players who don't end up on the roster. I really like what we've seen from Kelly, but we, as fans, have no idea what the team thinks of his maturity or ability to lead the offense this season if Brissett were to go down.  

• Like 1

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

And if that happens it happens.   

I will still be a Colt fan

• Like 2

Ryan Lewis may not be a ST Ace but in the three games he started last year for the Bills he recorded 15 tackles, 3 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles and 2 special teams tackles. 

Seems fairly productive when given the chance.

Also, he ran a 4.37 so he's now our fastest DB.

• Like 7

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

They bring in lots of players who don't end up on the roster. I really like what we've seen from Kelly, but we, as fans, have no idea what the team thinks of his maturity or ability to lead the offense this season if Brissett were to go down.  

there will be no expectations for this team if that happens.  the main goal in that case will be just find a QB

I think we are trading for Mike Glennon, they signed D Kizer today to go with carr and Petterman whom Gruden loves,maybe Milligan and a late draft pick for Glennon ?

1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

That is why he needs some seasoning as the 3rd QB

• Like 1

i know a lot of people are not sold on kelly and there is some good reason for that.  the kelly hype is coming from the fact that he might be the most talented QB available, and we cant just let him go to the practice squad where he wont last

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

there will be no expectations for this team if that happens.  the main goal in that case will be just find a QB

For you maybe but CB and crew might feel different

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think we are trading for Mike Glennon, they signed D Kizer today to go with carr and Petterman whom Gruden loves,maybe Milligan and a late draft pick for Glennon ?

Interesting 

3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

With his past I doubt he would get claimed. His best bet is to be on the PS for a year and learn how to be a pro. Maybe next year he will be ready to be a backup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1