Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9/1 Roster Moves


CR91

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

 

We need a backup for two weeks. That's it. I don't see a trade happening.

 

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

We need a backup for two weeks. That's it. I don't see a trade happening.

What are you guys going to say when Kelly isn’t the backup after two weeks and ends up on the PS. There is no guarantee he will be JB backyp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

I dont think they are trading for Hoyer, he was released.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

 

I think it's a safe assumption to make. Look at the quality of backups out there. Kelly was consistent throughout preseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

they are the ones that brought him in here to begin with, i think its fair to say they see something in CK.  Hoyer is a free agent, wouldnt be mad if we bring him in 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they are the ones that brought him in here to begin with, i think its fair to say they see something in CK.  Hoyer is a free agent, wouldnt be mad if we bring him in 

 

I missed the news on the Pats releasing him. If he signs here, I don't see this franchise keeping 3 qbs on the active roster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they are the ones that brought him in here to begin with, i think its fair to say they see something in CK.  Hoyer is a free agent, wouldnt be mad if we bring him in 

They bring in lots of players who don't end up on the roster. I really like what we've seen from Kelly, but we, as fans, have no idea what the team thinks of his maturity or ability to lead the offense this season if Brissett were to go down.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Lewis may not be a ST Ace but in the three games he started last year for the Bills he recorded 15 tackles, 3 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles and 2 special teams tackles. 

 

Seems fairly productive when given the chance.

 

Also, he ran a 4.37 so he's now our fastest DB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

They bring in lots of players who don't end up on the roster. I really like what we've seen from Kelly, but we, as fans, have no idea what the team thinks of his maturity or ability to lead the offense this season if Brissett were to go down.  

 

there will be no expectations for this team if that happens.  the main goal in that case will be just find a QB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

They bring in lots of players who don't end up on the roster. I really like what we've seen from Kelly, but we, as fans, have no idea what the team thinks of his maturity or ability to lead the offense this season if Brissett were to go down.  

That is why he needs some seasoning as the 3rd QB

Link to post
Share on other sites

i know a lot of people are not sold on kelly and there is some good reason for that.  the kelly hype is coming from the fact that he might be the most talented QB available, and we cant just let him go to the practice squad where he wont last

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Doubt CK would last on the practice squad 5 minutes.

With his past I doubt he would get claimed. His best bet is to be on the PS for a year and learn how to be a pro. Maybe next year he will be ready to be a backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...