Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OT Laremy Tunsil and WR Kenny Stills to the Texans in blockbuster trade

zibby43

37 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Wow Miami is taking for sure! Texans shouldn’t have given up 2 firsts that’s to much but they needed a OT and Stills is a good WR  so they should be good on O this year but weaker on D without Clowney.. weird

Only if they can protect Watson Tunsil doesn't help that much he is overrated otherwise the dolphin wouldn't have traded him.

13 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Only if they can protect Watson Tunsil doesn't help that much he is overrated otherwise the dolphin wouldn't have traded him.

Uh..... for 2 firsts, the owner would trade his mother.

i love how people always say guys suck who are traded to other teams.  The guys who are traded here are always future hall of famers.

• Like 1

Seems like our bad Luck situation may have (rightfully) scared the Texans a bit.  Clearly their draft picks on the line aren't looking up to the challenge.  If I'm a Texans fan I'm livid. Get next to nothing back for Clowney but give up the farm for Tunsil/Stills? To think this all could have been avoided if they showed just a LITTLE urgency for Andre Dillard instead of letting Philly trade up in front of them.

They may take the division this year. They may not. But their going to be looking rough in a year or 2.  Love it.

Texans will now have used 3 first rounders (Tytus Howard and 2020 & 2021 1st) and 2 seconds (Max Sharping and 2021 2nd) for three offensive lineman.  5 top picks is a lot to give up for three lineman, especially when the 3 have not shown to be elite or above average yet.   

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The Phins are tanking on purpose! They want the #1 pick. So ya they would, Stills was their best WR

4 hours ago, Myles said:

This certainly makes the Texans better this season.   They sure gave up allot.   I haven't looked to see what contracts Stills and Tunsil are under,.   

Stills is an insurance just in case Fuller gets hurt. He will be a great slot receiver.If Fuller stays healthy the Texans could legitimately have a top 5 offense

• Like 1

O'Brien is fighting for his career. The Texans have been bad then average then fairly good in their years. As they fail every year to get to a SB the reason remains the same. That reason is they aren't good enough to get to a SB. This trade is another example of believing a good player can push them over the edge.

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

O'Brien is fighting for his career. The Texans have been bad then average then fairly good in their years. As they fail every year to get to a SB the reason remains the same. That reason is they aren't good enough to get to a SB. This trade is another example of believing a good player can push them over the edge.

They got rid of a better player

24 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

He has a winning record and has guided the team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons. He ain’t going nowhere. 

One playoff win Ran the GM out of town,   just mortgaged the future on a pretty good left tackle.   Also traded a premier pass rusher.   If they don't get passed the first round of the playoffs he is done

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

One playoff win Ran the GM out of town,   just mortgaged the future on a pretty good left tackle.   Also traded a premier pass rusher.   If they don't get passed the first round of the playoffs he is done

One playoff win under a host of bad quarterbacks. The left tackle move seems to imply that he believes the team can win now. The Clowney trade could have been handled better, that’s for sure. You may be right about the playoffs. It certainly wouldn’t look good at all if it was another one and done. 

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I thought the GM resigned to care for his wife who had cancer. I believe she died. I was under the impression that he might return. Other than the Osweiler signing, I thought he was a pretty good GM. What did you think of him, @Qwiz?

This past week has not been great for O'Brien. He is making moves that someone who expects to be fired would make. Teams need their draft picks.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I thought the GM resigned to care for his wife who had cancer. I believe she died. I was under the impression that he might return. Other than the Osweiler signing, I thought he was a pretty good GM. What did you think of him, @Qwiz?

This past week has not been great for O'Brien. He is making moves that someone who expects to be fired would make. Teams need their draft picks.

That was the previous GM Rick Smith.   The last GM  was Brian Gaine.  Bob didn't like him

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah friend you’re thinking of Rick Smith, who was well-respected and had a damn good track record. 

It’s a shame the drama with Nick Caserio happened. 

• Like 1

Hey there @Qwiz, 

I liked the Laremy Tunsil move. It was a smart one because Houston has to prevent Deshaun Watson from getting sacked in the pocket & if your franchise QB has time to look downfield, he's deadly.  

Yeah, Bill O'Brian overpaid sure, but he had no choice. Good luck this yr my friend.