Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"colts Announce Organizational Moves" - Colts.com

B-B

The Indianapolis Colts have promoted eight employees, including Carlie Irsay-Gordon (Vice Chairman/Owner), Casey Irsay Foyt (Vice Chairman/Owner), Kalen Irsay (Vice Chairman/Owner), Dan Emerson (Vice President and General Counsel), Matt Godbout (Vice President of Sponsorship Sales), Stephanie Mathes (Sr. Director of Community Relations), Jay Souers (Sr. Vice President of Sponsorship Sales) and Andy Stayer (Social Media Coordinator/Production Assistant).

Carlie Irsay-Gordon, Casey Irsay Foyt and Kalen Irsay all represent the next generation of ownership for the Indianapolis Colts. Carlie joined the organization as a Vice President in July of 2008 while Casey (May of 2007) and Kalen (June of 2010) both joined as Vice Presidents as well.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-ANNOUNCE-ORGANIZATIONAL-MOVES/afcf0fe5-eedd-4dd3-99ca-5d2aa51476c1

I'm confused about this, does Irsay promoting his daughters to Owner mean he's done?

The Indianapolis Colts have promoted eight employees, including Carlie Irsay-Gordon (Vice Chairman/Owner), Casey Irsay Foyt (Vice Chairman/Owner), Kalen Irsay (Vice Chairman/Owner), Dan Emerson (Vice President and General Counsel), Matt Godbout (Vice President of Sponsorship Sales), Stephanie Mathes (Sr. Director of Community Relations), Jay Souers (Sr. Vice President of Sponsorship Sales) and Andy Stayer (Social Media Coordinator/Production Assistant).

Carlie Irsay-Gordon, Casey Irsay Foyt and Kalen Irsay all represent the next generation of ownership for the Indianapolis Colts. Carlie joined the organization as a Vice President in July of 2008 while Casey (May of 2007) and Kalen (June of 2010) both joined as Vice Presidents as well.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-ANNOUNCE-ORGANIZATIONAL-MOVES/afcf0fe5-eedd-4dd3-99ca-5d2aa51476c1

I'm confused about this, does Irsay promoting his daughters to Owner mean he's done?

Don't think so, It just reflects that they are a working part of ownership

The Irsay women have all had offices at the complex and been involved in team admin for some time.

That's just not the best time to do it I think. A rebuilding team needs experienced owner IMO.

Agreed. The equal titles of VP wouldn't give them the authority anyway.

Maybe he's having a Survivor-type competition to see who gets to replace him.

Agreed. The equal titles of VP wouldn't give them the authority anyway.

Maybe he's having a Survivor-type competition to see who gets to replace him.

Maybe You're right. However Irsay stated he is willing to hand over business to his daughters...

I just can't imagine that all three of them can drive the organization effectively, a leader would be selected.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

That's just not the best time to do it I think. A rebuilding team needs experienced owner IMO.

This would be the WORST time for Irsay to leave. I would be extremely disappointed...I think he's excited to get Luck, at least I thought he was.

If any of the Irsay daughters read this board, and are single, just putting it out there that I'm available.....as long as I get part ownership in the franchise. :)

Maybe ask the single ones to be the next Bachelorette and you can audition to be one of those 25 vying for their hand :). LOL.

Don't think so, It just reflects that they are a working part of ownership

The Irsay women have all had offices at the complex and been involved in team admin for some time.

I totally agree with you. I also don't see this as Mr. Irsay is done at any means. I think he still has a lot of years left on him until he calls it quits.I am not seeing him done as an NFL owner. I am seeing from years from now when the time comes he will turn it over to his daughters. Maybe it will be like when his dad (Bob) was the owner he brought his son (Jim) in until he handed it over to son Jim Irsay. I am seeing the same way with his daughters. But I don't see that he is done as the Colts owner any time soon, I know that Colts fans are on edge lately. But its okay Mr. Irsay is here to stay.

He has been quoted as saying that he'd retire when Manning did.

By my definition, he's been 90% retired for a long time.

Maybe 80% now - will take at least a day per week sorting out the various demands/needs of 4 co-owners versus 1. heck on earth, managing the competing interests of co-owners of a private company, with no advance prep or transition plan. I have over-estimated Jimmy for the last time :)

This would be the WORST time for Irsay to leave. I would be extremely disappointed...I think he's excited to get Luck, at least I thought he was.

He's relatively young, compared to a lot of NFL owners. Early 50s is usually when people get into to ownership, not when they get out of it. I doubt he's going anywhere for at least a while.

Anyone know what their old titles were? Was the word "owner" not included?

I mean you don't get "promoted" to owner. An owner is the person who owns the stock of the parent company, and that's Jim. Maybe he gave each of them 5% and he's trying to get them to feel more of a sense of responsibility for the enterprise or something - who knows. I find it hard to believe that he would retire. On the contrary, he has been FAR more actively involved in the past few months than he has been since the 90's, all while acting as if this is his baby. If he retired I can't imagine what he would do with himself.

I'm kinda curious, do you happen to work for the organization in some capacity?

Perhaps you could set something up??? :)

I do work for them. i do not recommend dates

Two are married with children and the third is not available

so it's too late for you anyway

The hot one, iirc.

It's true. Irsay's daughter is hot and she owns an frozen yogurt company and now apparently owns part of the Colts.

In other words, she the perfect woman.

EDIT: After *smack* my *ouch!* wife of *OWWWW!* course.

/runs

:corner:

It's true. Irsay's daughter is hot and she owns an frozen yogurt company and now apparently owns part of the Colts.

/runs

I like your wife!

/runs

I like a woman who rubs frozen yogurt over my hot body.

Anyone know what their old titles were? Was the word "owner" not included?

I mean you don't get "promoted" to owner. An owner is the person who owns the stock of the parent company, and that's Jim. Maybe he gave each of them 5% and he's trying to get them to feel more of a sense of responsibility for the enterprise or something - who knows. I find it hard to believe that he would retire. On the contrary, he has been FAR more actively involved in the past few months than he has been since the 90's, all while acting as if this is his baby. If he retired I can't imagine what he would do with himself.

i was guessing about 5% as well.

....he's getting them ready to take over in a few years...

....he said he'd do this..

...sounds like its not that far off

/runs

:). I take it she didn't buy the line, "I meant she's the perfect woman for another guy, not me... you're the perfect woman for me. Why would I want beauty, money, owner seats at the LOS and all those perks when I have you?"

why, that stash is sweet

Not to sound sexiest but having some "hot" women being the face of the franchise could attract some FA. Seriously how could he be going anywhere...it isn't like being an owner is difficult. Simply setting them up if he was to pass on or something. Besides...a guy that tweets that much and lives the horseshoe he clearly enjoys his job.

And my wife and I are perfectly happy but she would let me have a sister wife if she was that rich! Ok..now I sound sexist....and mormon...lol..ok..I got to go pray now...lol