Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly's accuracy, backed by science (sort of :)

bhougland

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I would say once he gets his 2 game suspension served he deserves to be the backup on this team.

I think he should be given every opportunity to compete for the starting job. Unless all that stuff Ballard said about "competition" wasn't sincere.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Holy balls! He tested better than Mahomes? Brisset will have major

competition keeping his starter position locked up by next year or

possibly by mid season.

As has been said already, Kelly has QB skills in the same category as Mahomes and Mayfield.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

As has been said already, Kelly has QB skills in the same category as Mahomes and Mayfield.

Higher QBR (4th in the nation) in 2015 than Watson, Goff, Mayfield, Mahomes, Prescott, L Jackson, etc. all starters in the league now. Was 10th in QBR in 2016 after losing his two starting tackles and his two best WRs. Both Ts and WRs drafted, two in the first round. 

There's no doubt he's got skill. He's been his own worst enemy. Hope things have finally clicked for him, and he can stay out of his own way. He just needs to be patient, keep his head on straight, and he'll get a chance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Higher QBR (4th in the nation) in 2015 than Watson, Goff, Mayfield, Mahomes, Prescott, L Jackson, etc. all starters in the league now. Was 10th in QBR in 2016 after losing his two starting tackles and his two best WRs. Both Ts and WRs drafted, two in the first round. 

There's no doubt he's got skill. He's been his own worst enemy. Hope things have finally clicked for him, and he can stay out of his own way. He just needs to be patient, keep his head on straight, and he'll get a chance.

If Andrew Luck retiring is not a sign for CK, then I don't know what is. :D

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly the football gods are granting him a tremendous and very generous 5th chance.....

Exactly.  I hope Brissett pans out, but if not, I hope Kelly keeps on the right path, because he's very talented.  I wouldn't call him Mahommes talented, but he's definitely a hidden gem.

18 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Exactly.  I hope Brissett pans out, but if not, I hope Kelly keeps on the right path, because he's very talented.  I wouldn't call him Mahommes talented, but he's definitely a hidden gem.

I just want wins and a SB. Doesn't matter to me who is under center. If losses pile up, next man in. Rinse and repeat till we get to where we need to be.

• Like 1