Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would be shocked if Green makes it. There just isn’t room. I would keep ward over him.

Yeah, he only makes it if we keep 10 and cut somebody like Stewart or Ward. But since Ward and Stewart are both inside guys and we could use some depth there...we'll see, yeah.

Green is heading to the PS I would believe....good measurables, lacks true pass rushing 'skills' other than a fast first step. A year on the PS learning will do him some good.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Hate that cut

We all are disliking some of these cuts because in the years past, guys like these would have made our team and made it better. Now , the team is just deeper. Plethora of DE’s to challenge. Tons of Wr’s. 5 extremely solid Olineman and then nothing else behind them at all. The team is in great shape and selfishly I hope we can put several of our cuts on the PS but for them, I’d love to see them get their shot and succeed. With the return of Fountain next year, and depending on the success of DF in our offense this year, we won’t have any needs for receiver next year either. I am not sure about Carrol as he just looks too small at the end rush. Maybe he makes 1 out of 50 snaps be a sack or hurry by his speed but I’d have to think he is a liability in the run game. Could be wrong, wish them all luck. 

17 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Anyone else hoping we take a look at recently released guard Christian Westerman?

This time of year, you don't 'take a look'.  If a guy is better than those on your v53 man roster, you put in a claim. Lot's of film study and evaluation here. If you claim and get him, you put him on your 53 man and must cut one off of it. Otherwise you wait for the waiver/claim deadline and action to pass,  and then build your P.S.

I had Phillips and Moore making the 53. Moore can go to the practice squad, I don't know if Phillips can. This defense has a lot of quality depth.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

UDFA stays intact.

Happy about this one (sorry, Travis). At the 4th TE spot you need versatility, plus we just need good blocking from our TE group.

If we do keep 4 TE's that is, which I think we will.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Going to be interesting to see who the Texans get in return.

That’s gotta be a huge trade

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes 

Do we even keep 4 TEs?

It makes sense to keep Hale because he is basically Doyle’s backup. Ross is to much like cox and Ebron.

I would say yes we keep 4 TE.

Just now, csmopar said:

Do we even keep 4 TEs?

Keeping 3 TEs when 1 is a spread TE and another is a basketball convert is like keeping 1 QB

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It makes sense to keep Hale because he is basically Doyle’s backup. Ross is to much like cox and Ebron.

I would say yes we keep 4 TE.

Agreed

We use at least 3 TE's in a game with Reich. And I think you've gotta have a backup in case one goes down. I also think we keep 4. 

I could see Hentges at times being used like we did Hewitt.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

We use at least 3 TE's in a game with Reich. And I think you've gotta have a backup in case one goes down. I also think we keep 4. 

I could see Hentges at times being used like we did Hewitt.

There will be times 1 TE would be used. We’ll see.

3 minutes ago, atapcl said:

There will be times 1 TE would be used. We’ll see.

Over the course of a game? Because I meant over the course of a game.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Over the course of a game? Because I meant over the course of a game.

I knew what you meant 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I knew what you meant 

Yes, over the course of a game. They will spread and use 4WRs.

1 minute ago, atapcl said:

Yes, over the course of a game. They will spread and use 4WRs.

I hate to be so blunt, but there's no way we'll ever only use one TE in a game.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh wow...in regards to who the Texans might be getting back.

Feel bad for Mingo since he had finally found a home in Seattle but he has ties to La.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I hate to be so blunt, but there's no way we'll ever only use one TE in a game.

We are both speculating. I don’t think you know what what they will do for a certainty. In many situations it would be logical to use a wealth of talent at WR especially when one is as large as a TE.

WOW! I don't know if they would have wanted to trade him to us but We could have given them like... Matthew Adams and Skai Moore + a 3d for Clowney... :P 

Also - about Hentges - still not sure he makes the roster, but if he does, this continues the long trend of the UDFA that gets paid the most to make the roster. Every year, when you look at the numbers for the UDFAs put an asterisk to the name that gets inordinately high signing bonus. It's very likely the FO/coaching staff are really high on him. 

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh wow...that would just be a terrible trade for Houston.

Knew it wasn't going to be an olineman since it was Seattle. Lol Texans.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

WOW! I don't know if they would have wanted to trade him to us but We could have given them like... Matthew Adams and Skai Moore + a 3d for Clowney... :P 

Also - about Hentges - still not sure he makes the roster, but if he does, this continues the long trend of the UDFA that gets paid the most to make the roster. Every year, when you look at the numbers for the UDFAs put an asterisk to the name that gets inordinately high signing bonus. It's very likely the FO/coaching staff are really high on him. 

IMO he replaces Hewitt in that blocking/H-Back Role

Anyone who still thinks the colts are not the favorites to win the AFC South are crazy. The jags will probably try hard with that defense but the colts are the best team in the south even without Luck.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who still thinks the colts are not the favorites to win the AFC are crazy. The jags will probably try hard with that defense but the colts are the best team in the south even without Luck.

Feel the same way

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who still thinks the colts are not the favorites to win the AFC South are crazy. The jags will probably try hard with that defense but the colts are the best team in the south even without Luck.

Eh. I don't think it's crazy to suggest that it could be neck and neck.