Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ummmmm   the final score was Colts 13 Bengals 6.... wouldn’t that mean the Colts won and thus are not winless in the preseason(not that it matters) Or am I seeing things?

Posted Images

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Andrews taking the backup C didn’t help EB


Yup. I actually liked our pass blocking last night as well. Andrews and Eldrenkamp held up pretty well. The run blocking, not so great, but hopefully that's partly because preseason play calling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


Yup. I actually liked our pass blocking last night as well. Andrews and Eldrenkamp held up pretty well. The run blocking, not so great, but hopefully that's partly because preseason play calling.

Or the RBs they were playing with

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Ok

  Smith stays at RT and Haeg plays LT

I’m not about to say Haeg is a good tackle, but from my view he’s played his best, filling in at LT for AC.  Plus, he played LT for NDSU. Smith played Guard (2nd best in college, only to Nelson) for Auburn.  Leave him at RT and let him grow, instead of shifting him around.  I still don’t see Clark as ACs backup....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Or the RBs they were playing with


I kinda think our RB's have done the best they can with the blocking they've gotten in PS. Most times they've been met in the backfield and guys like Ware/Williams have had to really fight for yards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

I’m not about to say Haeg is a good tackle, but from my view he’s played his best, filling in at LT for AC.  Plus, he played LT for NDSU. Smith played Guard (2nd best in college, only to Nelson) for Auburn.  Leave him at RT and let him grow, instead of shifting him around.  I still don’t see Clark as ACs backup....

It was more of a statement about What Venturi said than anything else

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:


Hah yeah, what can we do though. The whole league is struggling to find solid OL. I figure that has to do with how good these DL/LBers are getting, but yeah.

Waiver wire pickup

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious and I hope you good people can help me understand better about Kelly.

 

Do we have to start with him on the 53 man and then he goes on the suspended list, which creates a spot for two weeks?

 

Or can we cut/waive him and he simply serves out his suspension at home and then we re-sign him?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott Pennock said:

I'm curious and I hope you good people can help me understand better about Kelly.

 

Do we have to start with him on the 53 man and then he goes on the suspended list, which creates a spot for two weeks?

 

Or can we cut/waive him and he simply serves out his suspension at home and then we re-sign him?

 

 

He has to be with the team so he will make the 53 and then after the 4 pm Deadline he will be moved to the Reserve list for the suspension 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I'm curious and I hope you good people can help me understand better about Kelly.

 

Do we have to start with him on the 53 man and then he goes on the suspended list, which creates a spot for two weeks?

 

Or can we cut/waive him and he simply serves out his suspension at home and then we re-sign him?

 

 

It's my understanding he has to be on an active roster in order to serve his suspension.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He has to be with the team so he will make the 53 and then after the 4 pm Deadline he will be moved to the Reserve list for the suspension 

Thank you!

 

So between that suspension, Sheard's injury and the Wilkens/Williams injuries they have to play some serious roster jenga in the next two days.....

 

Tough spot to be in even before acknowledging the depth of the roster in a few places that will make cuts difficult!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott Pennock said:

Thank you!

 

So between that suspension, Sheard's injury and the Wilkens/Williams injuries they have to play some serious roster jenga in the next two days.....

 

Tough spot to be in even before acknowledging the depth of the roster in a few places that will make cuts difficult!

As @Chloe6124 said he won’t count against the 53 once his suspension starts that solves part of the problem

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

As @Chloe6124 said he won’t count against the 53 once his suspension starts that solves part of the problem

I understand that, however, that means they have to have somebody prepared to wait for that deadline to pass to sign them - while other teams may want the same guy. Just saying those are tough waters to row through! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I understand that, however, that means they have to have somebody prepared to wait for that deadline to pass to sign them - while other teams may want the same guy. Just saying those are tough waters to row through! :)

No. They will have to cut someone when he comes back. That could be the backup QB that comes in those 2 games or someone else. He doesn’t have to make the 53. He goes on the suspension list when the roster is cut down to 53.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott Pennock said:

I understand that, however, that means they have to have somebody prepared to wait for that deadline to pass to sign them - while other teams may want the same guy. Just saying those are tough waters to row through! :)

Vested Veterans do not need to pass through waivers

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No. They will have to cut someone when he comes back. That could be the backup QB that comes in those 2 games or someone else. He doesn’t have to make the 53. He goes on the suspension list when the roster is cut down to 53.

That cis kinda why I said in a different thread the Colts will have 54 guys at Cuts 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

McCown was not brought in until after the Kessler injury

  I watched the 1st 2 Eagles games and saw NS, CK, and CT but not JM

 

    I believe the plan was to play CK or CT as the #2 after the Sudfeld injury

The point is, Sudfeld has been the planned #2 since the beginning of the preseason. Had Sudfeld not went down, JM would not have been brought in. It took 2 back ups going down for that to happen. CK was not competing with Sudfeld for the #2 position before Sudfeld went down. He was a distant 3rd at most competing with Thorson. Thorson was actually ahead of CK all spring.

 

Here's the preseason week 1 depth chart.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/8/6/20757449/eagles-depth-chart-revealed-philadelphia-first-preseason-game-2019-roster-news-positions-analysis

 

Here's a snippet from the depth chart comments

Quote

 

THOUGHTS

• Kessler is ahead of Thorson as the No. 3 quarterback. Thorson was taking all the third string reps in the spring but the rookie’s struggles have caused the coaching staff to split third team reps between Thorson and Kessler. As I’ve previously said, I don’t really see Thorson playing at all this year. Even if the team keeps Thorson on the roster, I see the Eagles re-signing Kessler to be Sudfeld’s backup if something happened to Wentz.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The point is, Sudfeld has been the planned #2 since the beginning of the preseason. Had Sudfeld not went down, JM would not have been brought in. It took 2 back ups going down for that to happen. CK was not competing with Sudfeld for the #2 position before Sudfeld went down. He was a distant 3rd at most competing with Thorson. Thorson was actually ahead of CK all spring.

 

Here's the preseason week 1 depth chart.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/8/6/20757449/eagles-depth-chart-revealed-philadelphia-first-preseason-game-2019-roster-news-positions-analysis

 

Here's a snippet from the depth chart comments

 

Thank you for providing evidence for my point

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Thank you for providing evidence for my point

 

Simple question.... would CK have been brought in if Sudfeld never went down?

 

They basically say he'd be "re-signed" if something happened to Wenzt to back up Sudfeld.

 

Also, the original comment and reply was

Quote

 

You - What is worrisome is that the Eagles are QB needy

they like Sudfield.

 

Me - Kessler was behind him and McCown IIRC and maybe another guy.

 

 

You're twisting and turning, so let's go back to the original exchange above.... In simple terms, #1 they do like Sudfeld as Wentz's back up (always have this year), and #2 CK was behind every QB not named Thorson, and he was actually behind even Thorson leading up to preseason. So not really QB needy once they brought back CM. CK became very expendable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Simple question.... would CK have been brought in if Sudfeld never went down?

 

They basically say he'd be "re-signed" if something happened to Wenzt to back up Sudfeld.

 

Also, the original comment and reply was

 

You're twisting and turning, so let's go back to the original exchange above.... In simple terms, #1 they do like Sudfeld as Wentz's back up (always have this year), and #2 CK was behind every QB not named Thorson, and he was actually behind even Thorson leading up to preseason. So not really QB needy once they brought back CM. CK became very expendable.

It is Josh McCown they signed

    Maybe this is not the definition on  East Street but in TigerTown any team that needs to bring a 40 year old QB out of retirement because of multiple QB injuries is QB needy

     Now since this is a Colts Cut thread in a Colts take another further discussion of the Eagles and/or 30 other teams to the NFL general thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

With cutting of Webb and trading of Webb looks like he might stay

    (You talking about LeRaven?)

Yes.  He's got some kind of Voo Doo hex on them I guess because he was getting his tail whipped the whole preseason. Waiting on him to take it to the next level and it's not coming.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is Josh McCown they signed

    Maybe this is not the definition on  East Street but in TigerTown any team that needs to bring a 40 year old QB out of retirement because of multiple QB injuries is QB needy

     Now since this is a Colts Cut thread in a Colts take another further discussion of the Eagles and/or 30 other teams to the NFL general thread

East Street is about 8 blocks east of Lucas Oil Stadium. Less than mile. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

With cutting of Webb and trading of Webb looks like he might stay

    (You talking about LeRaven?)

 

We already cut two Ts so I doubt it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yes.  He's got some kind of Voo Doo hex on them I guess because he was getting his tail whipped the whole preseason. Waiting on him to take it to the next level and it's not coming.

His on the field play and potential rarely go together which puzzles me

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes Coach D is in Miami

That makes sense for the trade. Old coach says look what I did for him last year and what the colts scheme/coaches have changed him to this year. Trade for him and I can gain that positive back for you. We come out ahead of we’ve gained a 4-5th rd pick in the exchange. 

2 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Hentges will make it to the PS...no worries.

 

No worries? I don’t think so. If he hits the market, he will most definitely have several suitors. What part of his game didn’t have success this preseason? He was the star pretty much of the preseason rookies. I’m not sure anyone really flashed and was as steady the entire preseason as was Hentges, maybe Speed equaled his steady production. I can see a cut/trade of Travis or even hardball tactics by cutting a fringe Ol guy maybe or RB even, keep all 5 TE’s (extreme) and forcing a trade from some TE starved team after the season starts. Hentges though is here on the 53, trust that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

That makes sense for the trade. Old coach says look what I did for him last year and what the colts scheme/coaches have changed him to this year. Trade for him and I can gain that positive back for you. We come out ahead of we’ve gained a 4-5th rd pick in the exchange. 

No worries? I don’t think so. If he hits the market, he will most definitely have several suitors. What part of his game didn’t have success this preseason? He was the star pretty much of the preseason rookies. I’m not sure anyone really flashed and was as steady the entire preseason as was Hentges, maybe Speed equaled his steady production. I can see a cut/trade of Travis or even hardball tactics by cutting a fringe Ol guy maybe or RB even, keep all 5 TE’s (extreme) and forcing a trade from some TE starved team after the season starts. Hentges though is here on the 53, trust that. 

and since HH is not a vested veteran he wouldn’t really get to choose 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As we head into the 4pm deadline today I wonder if there will still be a trade made today? 

 

Player for draft pick or even player for player swap?

 

Candidates in my mind:

 

Carroll Phillips - has value as an edge rusher in both a 4-3 and a 3-4

 

Ross Travis - has value as a pass catcher in a league that covets mismatch TE's

 

Krishawn Hogan - has value as a big bodied, move the chains, red zone type receiver

 

Wish list:

Oline

Defensive tackle

Either a RB/WR that can return both punts and kickoffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I like our defensive tackles. Hunt, Autry, Stewert, Ward, and Lewis.

I keep beating the drum for another DT is so they put Lewis back at his natural DE position, especially in light of Sheards knee injury.

 

I do like what we have as well, would love another 300 pounder to throw in for short yardage and goal line defense....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Ballard didn't say it was definite.   He didn't rule it out.   He just said as of this minute.    I think he's hoping to find out in April and May.      He still might end up deciding Eason is OK as the back-up.   I was only trying to impress upon those in the "Throw Jacob Eason in and see what we have" crowd that Ballard has crushed that dream for 2021.    But I wouldn't rule out 2022....  at least not yet.  
    • TY - 2Y/22M - he can still play but he’s not Tyreek Hill taking the top of defenses anymore, and with his disappearing act at the beginning of the year I’m afraid to sign him any longer or with too much guaranteed. Partly for sentimental reasons I want him to stay, but I do think he’s still got some juice.    Mack - 1Y/1M - Likable player but due to his position and injury, no way can I justify giving him much more than vet minimum.    Houston - 1Y/8M - Fell off a lot this year compared to his first year. Still our best edge player, basically by default and I’d be hoping we can get a more 2019 performance out of him at arguably our weakest position on the team.    Autry - Walk. He will price himself out with an inflated sense of value because he’s gotten decent sack numbers, but he is the definition of JAG and I’d only keep him if he agreed to a minimum contract.    Rhodes - 1Y/6M - He was a stud this year. If we could guarantee that he won’t revert back to his last two years in Minnesota I would be willing to go longer and higher. With how much he fell off after getting paid the first time, I’m not giving him a long term deal.    Walker - 1Y/2M - He was playing a very small percentage of downs at the end of the year so I’m keeping him less based on ability and more based on leadership and football savvy.    Hooker - Walk. Both sides need to just move on. I’d keep him at minimum too but I think both sides want a fresh start. Also a little miscast in the current defense so no reason to force a square peg into a round hole.    Brissett - 1Y/5M - Too big of a fan of Brissett as a man to want to see him leave. I don’t want him starting but he’s a very solid backup and compared to the 20M we gave him last year, I can live with his salary being at 1/4 of that this year.    Pascal and MAC both tendered at 2.24M. I want to bring in Kenny Golladay or Allen Robinson and Pascal is JAG so he’s not falling into my future plans much. I’m a big fan of MAC and I wouldn’t mind seeing him play the Jack Doyle role. He’s a better blocker, has better hands, and is more explosive.    I may be lowballing some guys but I’d hate to fall into the trap of overvaluing our guys and keeping them just because you want to keep your own. Unfortunately, I think the five most important positions on the team also coincide with our five weakest positions on the team; QB, WR, CB, DE, and LT. Fortunately we’ve got a good cap situation and this is the perfect year to be needing a QB. 
    • If we let Walker Walk, (and I think it’s likely) it’s not because we want an upgrade.   It’s because we simply don’t play him enough.   I think East Street has the numbers in snaps, but I think Walker is roughly playing 25-30 percent of the snaps.   That’s it.    We can't pay him enough for that.   Some other team will PLAY him more so they will PAY him more.    When Walker is off the field, we are either playing a 4-2-5 or a 4-1-6.   Leonard plays basically 100 percent of the snaps and I think Oke is about 55-60 percent.     There is a method to our madness.  
    • I'm surprised some folks want to resign Walker. Imo we definitely need an upgrade.... I'd let him walk.
    • Colts have won one playoff game in 6 seasons. Some more losing seasons and this team is no longer even in the top half of NFL franchises. They would be mostly irrelevant. I can’t imagine Irsay going for that.   Ballard is definitely safe...but this is year 5 and I am assuming there is a bit more urgency than just waiting for the perfect opportunity to come along.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...