LucasOilStadium

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Any news on waiver claims?

no news, but i dont expect much due to our spot on the waiver list

the teams at the top will be active though 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shive said:

At this rate, I don't think they'll need to trade up at all. They'll most likely finish in the bottom couple of spots this season anyhow.

Got drafted and thrown into a starting job on a team vacant of almost any offensive talent, then traded to a team without much talent and a tendency to make bad personnel decisions = bust?

The kid was drafted a year ago, knowing that he wasn't ready to start year 1, then tragically mismanaged by 2 teams. Get him on a solid roster with good coaching and he could be really good.

Aren't most top 10 QB picks thrown into starting jobs on teams vacant of offensive talent?  Andrew was. Peyton was.  They came out and made plays.  Rosen hasn’t & can’t even beat out Fitz.  Granted Fitz is a gunslinger & a true pro but still Rosen is top 10.  Again, I’m not saying Rosen is a bust and you can close the book on him.  He just hasn’t shown up “yet” in the league.

Maybe Frank is just the thing Rosen could use to bring it all together?  Maybe the Colts organization & a city like Indy could be perfect for the kid?   I just personally don’t think he’s that great.  I don’t think he could beat out JB or CK in this offense in this season.  Maybe even if they all started out on equal footing in training camp.

The job is JB’s. He’s got a good team around him.  I think he will do just fine. If he doesn’t, it looks like CK, with a coach like Frank guiding him, just might be something special. That sports science video really showed talents I didn’t know the kid possessed. Watching him in preseason, confirms that video & shows he definitely can spin it on an elite level.

I like what we have here now. If there’s an injury, maybe we offer a mid round pick for him before the deadline?  I think Rosen will get his chance though because we all know Fitz flames out.  Then we’ll see if he’s got it or not.  I just don’t see us exploring it this year unless something drastic happens or we can get him for a 4th.

• Like 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Aren't most top 10 QB picks thrown into starting jobs on teams vacant of offensive talent?  Andrew was. Peyton was.  They came out and made plays.  Rosen hasn’t & can’t even beat out Fitz.  Granted Fitz is a gunslinger & a true pro but still Rosen is top 10.  Again, I’m not saying Rosen is a bust and you can close the book on him.  He just hasn’t shown up “yet” in the league.

Maybe Frank is just the thing Rosen could use to bring it all together?  Maybe the Colts organization & a city like Indy could be perfect for the kid?   I just personally don’t think he’s that great.  I don’t think he could beat out JB or CK in this offense in this season.  Maybe even if they all started out on equal footing in training camp.

The job is JB’s. He’s got a good team around him.  I think he will do just fine. If he doesn’t, it looks like CK, with a coach like Frank guiding him, just might be something special. That sports science video really showed talents I didn’t know the kid possessed. Watching him in preseason, confirms that video & shows he definitely can spin it on an elite level.

I like what we have here now. If there’s an injury, maybe we offer a mid round pick for him before the deadline?  I think Rosen will get his chance though because we all know Fitz flames out.  Then we’ll see if he’s got it or not.  I just don’t see us exploring it this year unless something drastic happens or we can get him for a 4th.

Arizona cleaned house after last year and KK wanted a qb who had ran his system

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Arizona cleaned house after last year and KK wanted a qb who had ran his system

Yes but he looked terrible out there last year.  Now it’s more excuses in Miami...  Next year if our QB situation is up in the air, I might think hard about bringing in Rosen.  Because from what we’ve seen of him so far, he’d just about guarantee us a shot at Lawrence or Fields...  :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yes but he looked terrible out there last year.  Now it’s more excuses in Miami...  Next year if our QB situation is up in the air, I might think hard about bringing in Rosen.  Because from what we’ve seen of him so far, he’d just about guarantee us a shot at Lawrence or Fields...  :D

A lot of it can be put on the coaching staff

They lasted only 1 year

maybe Rosen just isnt good.  ive seen worse, but doubt hes the answer for anyone 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

maybe Rosen just isnt good.  ive seen worse, but doubt hes the answer for anyone 

People said that about a lot of HOF and SB winning QBs

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

People said that about a lot of HOF and SB winning QBs

they said it about a lot of bad QBs too.  there was a lot of pre draft talk about his attitude too, looks like thats still going on 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, maybe they can fill that piece you are so worried about with the monster $$$ they will have from dumping Clowney. 

Gee,  he was going to be a free agent after this season.   They aren't saving anything.   Now they don't have a first round pick until 2022

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Never thought  rosen was any good.

32 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Peyton and Andrew should never be the benchmark for top 10 QBs. They're both generational talents that were 2 of the most pro-ready QB's we've ever seen.

Also, being picked in the top 10 doesn't mean you're a top 10 talent. He was a kid with a ton of upside that also needed a lot of refinement. Most draft evals I read on him said as much and referenced him needing to sit and learn a year behind a vet.

You can't have these known expectations that he wasn't ready for a year 1 start, his terrible team throwing him in the fire and expecting greatness, then immediately call him a bust.

I'm not the biggest fan of his and I don't want him as my QB by any means, but I'm never ready to call a year 2 player a bust, especially under circumstances like that. 

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Peyton and Andrew should never be the benchmark for top 10 QBs. They're both generational talents that were 2 of the most pro-ready QB's we've ever seen.

Also, being picked in the top 10 doesn't mean you're a top 10 talent. He was a kid with a ton of upside that also needed a lot of refinement. Most draft evals I read on him said as much and referenced him needing to sit and learn a year behind a vet.

You can't have these known expectations that he wasn't ready for a year 1 start, his terrible team throwing him in the fire and expecting greatness, then immediately call him a bust.

I'm not the biggest fan of his and I don't want him as my QB by any means, but I'm never ready to call a year 2 player, especially under circumstances like that. 

Feel the same way here

Cardinals and Dolphins were really actice. Cardinals (and other teams) probably claimed some guys Ballard was looking at on the OL.

Yeah that is what happens when you picking 26th. Are we going to keep 7 corners now. That is just a weird position for the colts to want on waivers.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This makes no sense.

So is that the only player we got.

Only waiver claim.

We'll still be addressing QB.

hoyer may not have been interested in signing for just two weeks.  i guess walker it is

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Uggh

That doesn’t bother me. He must be doing a good job as the practice squad guy. It’s not like he will ever get a chance to play.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Just roll with Phillip Walker?

If they were going to do that,  they wouldn't have cut him

Just now, aaron11 said:

hoyer may not have been interested in signing for just two weeks.  i guess walker it is

What are you talking about. This has nothing to do with him going to be the backup. Lol. He is good at his job on the practice squad.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think we'll just end up signing with the guys we've brought in. 

Agreed

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

What are you talking about. This has nothing to do with him going to be the backup. Lol. He is good at his job on the practice squad.

im surprised hes even still eligible for that.  i stand by what i said about hoyer too, he may not want to sign here for just 2 games.  he will have other suitors 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That doesn’t bother me. He must be doing a good job as the practice squad guy. It’s not like he will ever get a chance to play.

I was hoping to land a young PS QB with potential 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I was hoping to land a young PS QB with potential 

Chad Kelly still might end up there. From what I understand walker is really good at getting film together and those kinds of things a practice squad guy tends to do.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wonder if they cut a corner today or cut Milligan and keep 7 corners.

I'm thinking Milligan. Tell could always jump in at safety in a pinch. That is if he dresses on gameday, which he very well might not.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wonder if they cut a corner today or cut Milligan and keep 7 corners.

It will deoend on if they think he is better than the CBs we have

i think practice squad rules changed recently and walker can be on there for three years now.  im not sure why we still want him though 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Chad Kelly still might end up there. From what I understand walker is really good at getting film together and those kinds of things a practice squad guy tends to do.

kelly was too good to put there, he can be JBs backup after week 2