Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Walker blows sign somebody.

I also noticed the QB for the bengals tonight is the guy we passed on signing for Kelly.

Look at it this way, who are we going to sign off the street that would come in and win @ LAC and @ TN ?  If JB goes down, they're losses anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

haha...that is very true.

It all depends on how management feels about those two games.  If they feel they can "throw" those 2 games then they just roll with Walker.  If they want to stay competitive then they sign someone.  They clearly have the money to blow on a vet for one year.

We would only be throwing the game if JB go hurt. A veteran off the street isn’t going to win either if JB gets hurt so I don’t think it really matters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Jojo made multiple big plays in preseason and had some great punt returns with us which earned him the job on the Rams. 

Penny Hart has done nothing but muff two punts.

This basically his first opportunity. JoJo fumbled a couple in his first opportunity as well. He then had 3 more preseason games to recover. Hart will not have that opportunity.

It's petty and dumb that Kelly is benched for two games. For what? He sat on someone's couch for a couple minutes until getting hit with a vacuum cleaner hose and then he left. If he came and sat on my couch, I'd offer him a beer and snacks.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rebel said:

It's petty and dumb that Kelly is benched for two games. For what? He sat on someone's couch for a couple minutes until getting hit with a vacuum cleaner hose and then he left. If he came and sat on my couch, I'd offer him a beer and snacks.

But hopefully that convinces him to address his problem.  You have to admit, it's not a good sign

• Like 2

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

It may not have been the most eventful game, but man we needed this win!

This season has me curious. Ballard has put together a good defense and O.Line + he hired a smart HC. He also did not trade Brissett which looks to be smart right now if Brissett plays well. We would've been really screwed had we traded Brissett thinking Luck was playing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

But hopefully that convinces him to address his problem.  You have to admit, it's not a good sign

The police said his toxicology came back clean. He must have taken something that doesn't show up on a drug screen.

He needs a minder. Can they assign the water boy or Phillip Walker to babysit him? 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Look at it this way, who are we going to sign off the street that would come in and win @ LAC and @ TN ?  If JB goes down, they're losses anyway. 

Never know Walker would do what he does best throw picks and fumble the ball.

11 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I hope JB does great....I'm not rooting for a QB controversy. 

Keep dreaming lol.

30 minutes ago, Nadine said:

He also threatened to spray an entire bar with an assault rifle and fought with Police when they came. That is a terrorist threat. As serious as it gets. Sounds like one of those guys that shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all.

Got to watch the game tonight. Looked pretty good. A lot of guys who played tonight won't be here in a couple of days. I think Phillips made the team tonight. Tell did. Speed did. Skai Moore also. Did we even blitz on one play in the 4 preseason games-I don't think so. I'm going to say it again, Hentges stays over Travis. I know I'm a little more excited about Chad Kelly than most on here, I think this is Brissetts job he will really have to stink it up to lose the starting job. Kick off 10 days away.

49 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

This basically his first opportunity. JoJo fumbled a couple in his first opportunity as well. He then had 3 more preseason games to recover. Hart will not have that opportunity.

Jo Jo had a good preaseason until the last game against the bengals where he would then fumble not one time not two times but 3 times.

5 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Got to watch the game tonight. Looked pretty good. A lot of guys who played tonight won't be here in a couple of days. I think Phillips made the team tonight. Tell did. Speed did. Skai Moore also. Did we even blitz on one play in the 4 preseason games-I don't think so. I'm going to say it again, Hentges stays over Travis. I know I'm a little more excited about Chad Kelly than most on here, I think this is Brissetts job he will really have to stink it up to lose the starting job. Kick off 10 days away.

I think cox and Ebron are the same so I think we do keep hale as a Doyle backup.

32 minutes ago, presto123 said:

He also threatened to spray an entire bar with an assault rifle and fought with Police when they came. That is a terrorist threat. As serious as it gets. Sounds like one of those guys that shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all.

That was debunked.  The bouncer said that he told the dispatcher that to get the police there faster.  Most everyone here thinks that Chad got an easier road because he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  It was also a curse.  Any misstep made the news.  Also any accomplishment was "Oh of course he should accomplish that he's Jim Kelly's nephew.  When he charged the field at his brothers game, he was joined by several others.  He didn't throw any punches or anything else.  Just hollered at some people to get off his brother.  Nothing would have come of it but he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  So it made the news.  He had a positive environment at Ole Miss, he was the man, and he study game film all the time.  You hardly saw him out on the town.  The environment was not as positive in Denver as it was at Ole Miss or as I believe it is in Indy.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think cox and Ebron are the same so I think we do keep hale as a Doyle backup.

Actually, Cox is the likely replacement for Doyle, if and when he moves on.   Cox is an inline blocker who can catch,  like Doyle.     Ubron is an athetic tight end who normally splits wide for the Colts.   Last year he played more like a WR than a TE.    That's not Cox's game.   You rarely see him split out.   But he's a solid blocker to go with good receiving skills.

Hopefully Hale survives cuts and make it to the pracitce squad.   he's been better than I ever expected and I'd hate to lose him on a late roster grab next week.

9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

He led the Colts that preseason in receiving yards, receptions, punt and kick return yardage. He had some muffs in the last preseason game, but also made a couple big plays in that game (51 yard catch) like he had the entire preseason. I'm honestly shocked he didn't make the roster.

While I agree that Hart only had one game to show what he could do and may have some potential, I'm not comparing him to Jojo Natson until I see similar explosiveness both as a receiver and returner.

17 hours ago, TheCount said:

That was debunked.  The bouncer said that he told the dispatcher that to get the police there faster.  Most everyone here thinks that Chad got an easier road because he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  It was also a curse.  Any misstep made the news.  Also any accomplishment was "Oh of course he should accomplish that he's Jim Kelly's nephew.  When he charged the field at his brothers game, he was joined by several others.  He didn't throw any punches or anything else.  Just hollered at some people to get off his brother.  Nothing would have come of it but he was Jim Kelly's nephew.  So it made the news.  He had a positive environment at Ole Miss, he was the man, and he study game film all the time.  You hardly saw him out on the town.  The environment was not as positive in Denver as it was at Ole Miss or as I believe it is in Indy.  

The bouncer would have been arrested if he made a false report of possible terror attack.