Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If indeed pascal makes this team and hogan is out he is going to get picked up by a team.

A lot of our cuts are going to get picked up by another team.

• Like 1

Tell got beat on the sideline throw but was still in position to make a solid tackle. He's gotta have 4-5 with several of them in open field plus a couple pass breakups including one in the end zone. Cemented his spot if you ask me.

E.J. Speed has got to have 10 tackles. He's diagnosed plays quickly, shed blocks and made solid tackles at the line and in space. Far outplayed Adams and Franklin this preseason fo sho! Cemented his spot. 

Pascal and Rogers are making the roster purely based off of special teams skills - not because they've outplayed the others.

52 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pascal is not playing tonight either. I bet that means we carry six WR.

We will carry 5 WRs like we always do.  We will have one or two 'available' on the practice squad.

Just now, CanuckColt said:

We will carry 5 WRs like we always do.  We will have one or two 'available' on the practice squad.

Why would he be sitting and not playing then. I guess he could be trade bait.

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Who would have known Vinny would outlast Andrew Luck?  smh

Vinny is a true GOAT

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Tell got beat on the sideline throw but was still in position to make a solid tackle. He's gotta have 4-5 with several of them in open field plus a couple pass breakups including one in the end zone. Cemented his spot if you ask me.

E.J. Speed has got to have 10 tackles. He's diagnosed plays quickly, shed blocks and made solid tackles at the line and in space. Far outplayed Adams and Franklin this preseason fo sho! Cemented his spot. 

Pascal and Rogers are making the roster purely based off of special teams skills - not because they've outplayed the others.

Adams is good. Speed already had a spot. Franklin, may get cut. 

Tell had a spot the minute they traded Hariston.

Rodger I agree with you I like Hogan, I think Pascal, is better. Would love Hogan to stick somehow, practice squad?

:D

Yeah, that was not a good half by Kelly

...below his standards...only 13/16 for 138 yds and one running TD. 

He went into the game 41/57 for 445 yds in 1/3, 1/3 and 1/2 games.

We are getting spoiled, people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Does this kid not know that he can call a fair catch???

He's probably trying too hard.  Trying to make something happen.

Well, he IS making something happen, but it's all bad at this point.

Penny Hart = JoJo Natson. Talented but jittery.

Ironically JoJo is now pretty solid 2 years later for the Rams.

12 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

we carried 6 several weeks late last year. 

"like we always do" regardless means little as we only have a one year sample size with Reich's O.

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Penny Hart = JoJo Natson. Talented but jittery.

Ironically JoJo is now pretty solid 2 years later for the Rams.

Jojo made multiple big plays in preseason and had some great punt returns with us which earned him the job on the Rams. 

Penny Hart has done nothing but muff two punts.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Man Tell is all over the place.  Captain Marvell.  

Yeah.  That kid has a LOT of energy.  Bounced up after that last tackle like it was a 2 minute drill.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Jojo made multiple big plays in preseason and had some great punt returns which earned him the job on the Rams. 

Penny Hart has done nothing but muff two punts.

Jojo had one really bad game for us and he was gone.  I had high hopes for him to stick.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the coaches know what they have in those 3 guys. Might have already decided to keep, cut, or try and trade any of the 3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

Is it just me, or does Walker remind you of a gazelle?  He always seems so flighty.

Are you talking about him or the ball he throws, lol.

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Are you talking about him or the ball he throws, lol.

LoL...just the way he's always running.  Seems like whatever he's doing, he's always running!

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

wow low attendance

Nadine, I also notice that too.  A busy night of local  entertainment  in Cincinnati sports.  Colts are playing the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium, the Reds are playing at the Miami Marlins right now at South Florida, and the University Of Cincinnati Bearcats football team are playing the UCLA Bruins on their campus.  And all three events started at the same time right after 7:00 PM Eastern Time!

Not to mention a few high school football games probably being played right now that we are not aware of in the Cincy area.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Rogers is making it to return punts cause hart cant hang onto the football lol. that's 2 fumbles tonight.

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

LoL...just the way he's always running.  Seems like whatever he's doing, he's always running!

running1.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm no QB evaluator, but it looks like he actually has good footwork.

Phillips making another case for him to stick.

3 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Seems very unsure of himself :(

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

running1.gif

LOL....when I first saw the gif I thought it was Andrew starting out on his world travels!:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

OK I tried to defend Walker last week with the horrible offensive line play, but no more. He is trash. I thought he was really turning a corner last year, but I'm scared to have him as the backup.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm no QB evaluator, but it looks like he actually has good footwork.

Phillips making another case for him to stick.

He might have good footwork, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

OK I tried to defend Walker last week with the horrible offensive line play, but no more. He is trash. I thought he was really turning a corner last year, but I'm scared to have him as the backup.

He's safe till week 3....then the practice squad!

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

We'll find out after cuts.  I'm not so sure he's safe.  I actually think he's gone.

Nope. They have seen enough. Ballard will sign a vet or a qb cut on Saturday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We'll find out after cuts.  I'm not so sure he's safe.  I actually think he's gone.

But you have to keep him for the two weeks of Kelly's suspension or we'd have no backup QB?

1 minute ago, Lucky Wolf said:

Nope. They have seen enough. Ballard will sign a vet or a qb cut on Saturday.

I don't think they will bring in someone for 2 weeks that doesn't even know the playbook....I think he's safe. Just my opinion of course.

But you have to keep him for the two weeks of Kelly's suspension or we'd have no backup QB?

Nah.  We'll find someone on the wire after cuts or we'll sign one of the vets we brought in.

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Unless we sign someone in the next 3 days, he'll be here after Saturday. 

Honestly I'm fine with rolling the dice for 2 weeks until CK is back.

• Like 1