Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chloe6124

Lieutenant Brissett

11 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

So did he get demoted from Captain Brissett to Lieutenant? I wanna hear the demotion story. 

Hes gotta earn the Captain title, being he was basically 2nd in command behind Luck, the Lieutenant thing fits.  I just hope he's better at navigation than most Lieutenants (Vet joke)

Dang, I was about to do this very thing!  Well done!

Maybe it’s the history buff in me, but in the civil war African Americans fought, and fought hard but none were officers.. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Hes gotta earn the Captain title, being he was basically 2nd in command behind Luck, the Lieutenant thing fits.  I just hope he's better at navigation than most Lieutenants (Vet joke)

But then why is it @captainBrissett??

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

Maybe it’s the history buff in me, but in the civil war African Americans fought, and fought hard but none were officers.. 

That's what I was initially getting at lol

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Nah, the LT is lost. he's gonna get hypothermia in the wilderness. 

16 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

he's a LT promote-able :dunno:

17 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

and I wasn't gonna go there but yeah

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wonder if it is the same person to do Captain Luck.

I would say so

Whoever runs this account is very talented.  They make me smile.

I feel sad for the people who not only don't like it but feel compelled to criticize it.

We need more things that make us smile not less

So when do we get Admiral Manning?

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So when do we get Admiral Manning?

General Manning ;)

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

There were black officers in the union army

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

General Manning ;)

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Admiral a higher rank?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Admiral a higher rank?

No. Same rank, different service. Admiral is navy. General is Army, Air and Marine. For the Civil War land based army the twitter account uses, the General would be the best fit as football is a land based sport.

7 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

President manning 

meh, doesn't have the same ring to it. 

I wonder if Second Lieutenant Kelly will be up for promotion this year? Hopefully he doesn’t get court Marshaled anymore!!!

48 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There were black officers in the union army

Yeah, and maybe total historical accuracy is not necessary for the meme...

So we're nitpicking a fun thing because of authenticity over portrayal of a black person as a civil war officer?

Geez.  Lighten up Francis's. 

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sequels are very seldom as good as the original.

The problem with that is that Brissett does not look like a civil war soldier.  That was the fun of Capt. Andrew Luck.  Luck sort of looked like a civil war soldier.  

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Colts are a sequel right now and I hope they are even better

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

The problem with that is that Brissett does not look like a civil war soldier.  That was the fun of Capt. Andrew Luck.  Luck sort of looked like a civil war soldier.  

That was awesome but it really was the letters that he wrote and the stuff he made up based on real events that was so creative.

I mean, squirrel oil? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Nadine said:

That was awesome but it really was the letters that he wrote and the stuff he made up based on real events that was so creative.

I mean, squirrel oil? :lol:

It was but his looks is what got this whole thing started.  Especially after he played Ryan Fitzpatrick and they both kind of looked live civil war soldiers.  I think that's what got this idea rolling.

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree ! 

except for one of my all time faves; 

source.gif

I was thinking something like:

Dearest sister,

With Captain Luck resigning his commission, I have received a promotion to a commanding officer role.  I pray that I am up to the task of filling such capable shoes.  The first assignment for our unit is to pacify a group wildcats that is making noise to the Southeast.  Alas, it is a meaningless and trivial matter, and I suspect that General Reich will likely entrust it to some of the lesser experienced members of the unit.  We have received word that many of these soldiers shall be dismissed from the unit after this task is accomplished.  They will return to their farms, but if the Lord wills it, we may find several of them in our midst once again later in the campaign.   I must recommence drilling with the unit, for there are troubling reports from the west that promise the possibility of a pitched battle in a fortnight’s time.

Yours truly,

Jacoby

21 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

We beg your pardon, Sir?

ccnews57_11_big.jpg

Ok, maybe none of those guys specifically look like Brissett, so I might get your point. 

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

I was thinking something like:

Dearest sister,

With Captain Luck resigning his commission, I have received a promotion to a commanding officer role.  I pray that I am up to the task of filling such capable shoes.  The first assignment for our unit is to pacify a group wildcats that is making noise to the Southeast.  Alas, it is a meaningless and trivial matter, and I suspect that General Reich will likely entrust it to some of the lesser experienced members of the unit.  We have received word that many of these soldiers shall be dismissed from the unit after this task is accomplished.  They will return to their farms, but if the Lord wills it, we may find several of them in our midst once again later in the campaign.   I must recommence drilling with the unit, for there are troubling reports from the west that promise the possibility of a pitched battle in a fortnight’s time.

Yours truly,

Jacoby

That’s really good. From what I’m reading many of the Lt. Brissett posts are from different people, an open audition of sorts? Put yours out there, it’s good!

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I bet it is lmao . These never get old. I hope Jacoby proves everyone wrong and plays well. If he just puts up something like 28 TD's and only throws 10 or so INT's we will win some games. Our O.Line should provide a decent running game and we have a good defense for a change. Also Reich is a better play caller compared to Chuck. The system Jacoby was in 2 years ago nearly got him killed. Reich's system is much better for a guy like Jacoby. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I would say so

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Whoever this is, it isn't the same.  The phrasing is much less eloquent, and the vocabulary is nowhere near the old one in some instances...

Not to mention the Photoshop skills.... Can't pass JB off as a civil war officer in a baseball hat....cmon! Lol