Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's this about settlements?

Jackie Daytona

Guy Dakich is interviewing talking like it's a fact that the team reached a settlement with Luck.... But I missed until now.... Anyone know if this is just yet ANOTHER speculating nobody?  Or is it being reported?,

hes agent Buddy Baker.apparebtly J. Doyle's agent and claims to know Andrew ...... Hmm

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Guy Dakich is interviewing talking like it's a fact that the team reached a settlement with Luck.... But I missed until now.... Anyone know if this is just yet ANOTHER speculating nobody?  Or is it being reported?

It was reported on Sunday. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044298/article/colts-not-recouping-andrew-lucks-168m-in-bonuses

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Yeah Not what I was talking about, he has been hunting at an agreement of some sort beyond just team being nice....

This was all addressed already. Basically, there were two options, 

A: Got to arbitration and recoup the money (Barry Sanders rule)

or

B: allow him to keep his money, some 24 million and retain his rights.

Colts owe him nothing more.

Again, not what I was getting at, nor was what the agent was saying.  He spoke as though later on down the line, we will probably go d out that the colts got "something"  in exchange for settling and leaving the bonus money on the table.  

That something could be anything.... Silence on a subject, future consideration and incentive to return, (knowing and hearing Jim this is probably it) or any number of things.... Agent seemed pretty certain there was an agreement on something.  He's Doyle's agent, knows Luck through his clients, numerous conversations, etc... So he wasn't completely an outsider blowing it out his rear....

I know the money was waived and they let him keep it.... I'm not under a rock here in Terre Haute... 

Seeing as JMV and others are corroborating the idea that Luck controlled this entire narrative, and the team trusted him and reported what he told them was the truth and everything about his status.... Which would be why Reich and CB looked so visibly angry at the presser, hint, CB wasn't that hot because a few thousand fans booed,..... They were ticked because they look like liars and * now.  In an industry where so much is based on your word and reputation, I'd be hot if I were in their shoes too after taking Luck's word on everything....

In light of a situation like the above, what consideration would merit him keeping the bonus ON TOP of all that?  It's Irsays final call of course, but I hope he's not fawning over a guy, even a top end guy he loves, over his respected management and coach who toed the company line and got used...  So what on Earth (beyond irsay being blindly optimistic and throwing money away) would be enough to get paid 24 mil. To step away for?

I dunno.... And I'm looking forward to the season, let's go Brissett!!

Sorry for posting the book....

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Again, not what I was getting at, nor was what the agent was saying.  He spoke as though later on down the line, we will probably go d out that the colts got "something"  in exchange for settling and leaving the bonus money on the table.  

That something could be anything.... Silence on a subject, future consideration and incentive to return, (knowing and hearing Jim this is probably it) or any number of things.... Agent seemed pretty certain there was an agreement on something.  He's Doyle's agent, knows Luck through his clients, numerous conversations, etc... So he wasn't completely an outsider blowing it out his rear....

I know the money was waived and they let him keep it.... I'm not under a rock here in Terre Haute... 

Seeing as JMV and others are corroborating the idea that Luck controlled this entire narrative, and the team trusted him and reported what he told them was the truth and everything about his status.... Which would be why Reich and CB looked so visibly angry at the presser, hint, CB wasn't that hot because a few thousand fans booed,..... They were ticked because they look like liars and * now.  In an industry where so much is based on your word and reputation, I'd be hot if I were in their shoes too after taking Luck's word on everything....

In light of a situation like the above, what consideration would merit him keeping the bonus ON TOP of all that?  It's Irsays final call of course, but I hope he's not fawning over a guy, even a top end guy he loves, over his respected management and coach who toed the company line and got used...  So what on Earth (beyond irsay being blindly optimistic and throwing money away) would be enough to get paid 24 mil. To step away for?

I dunno.... And I'm looking forward to the season, let's go Brissett!!

Sorry for posting the book....

I think it is more or less speculation. IF Luck stood up the front office, why to pay him so graciously? If he intends to return, why did he retired, why didn't he asked FO put him on IR just at the start of FA or OTAs? Colts has his right for almost 3 more years in exchange for money, what else could be on table? 

For me, with his presser more question was left unanswered, than answered. 

JMV might have some hintsite ifo, but likely he simply can't open up about it. If there was really something, it would already be circulating in the media. Maybe still there is 'something' but I bet 1:1 we will never get to know it.

9 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I think it is more or less speculation. IF Luck stood up the front office, why to pay him so graciously? If he intends to return, why did he retired, why didn't he asked FO put him on IR just at the start of FA or OTAs? Colts has his right for almost 3 more years in exchange for money, what else could be on table? 

For me, with his presser more question was left unanswered, than answered. 

JMV might have some hintsite ifo, but likely he simply can't open up about it. If there was really something, it would already be circulating in the media. Maybe still there is 'something' but I bet 1:1 we will never get to know it.

It's most likely the option I tend to believe, which is just Jim being super benevolent and optimistic, and saying hey, maybe this will grease the wheels if the itch ever creeps up for Andrew to play again....

Honestly I'm a 50/50 Luck will be back. But I did mention once his dad Oliver was named Chairman of the XFL that its possible he would be a part of that even if not as a player.  I was actually going to call in to the DD show when they was talking about why let Luck keep the money. It's because right now if he has a change of mind the Colts' own his rights. Its business. 

My thinking is that Luck sees the the team will be ALRIGHT without him. Kinda like hey I'm going to go do my own thing and heal the way i think I wan't to heal and don't have to answer to anybody because I retired. 

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

It's most likely the option I tend to believe, which is just Jim being super benevolent and optimistic, and saying hey, maybe this will grease the wheels if the itch ever creeps up for Andrew to play again....

If so...time is ticking for both Colts and Andrew. IMO if Luck won't return like for the next season, he will never. He just is in his primes, spending 2 or 3 years out of footbal would seal the end of his carreer.  Just my 2 cents...let's not over-analyze it. However I said before this whole retirement thing left some questions unanswered...for me. The real reason wasn't een surfaced...