Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Schefter] Colts trade Nate Hairston to the Jets for a 6th round pick

stitches

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sounds like the only condition is passing a physical 

Yeah I agree but was just thinking that sometimes the initial report is not accurate. But yes , seems like the Jets released it as a 6th pending a physical

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

What’s funny is that some clueless NFL fans on Twitter are actually tweeting that this trade signals that the Colts are tanking the season. :lol: They think this is the start of a fire sale.  :facepalm:

Same on Facebook. I may have to unfollow various NFL pages cause it’s just so annoying. A Colts fan on one even commented that Hairston is a good player but with the drafting of Rock he wasn’t gonna make the active roster. People responded as if he’s delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We've been trading with them because of their location within the draft and their willingness to move lots of picks.

They had 2 high 2's last year,  and another this year that they were willing to offer.

They moved a 7 for Anderson.      And now a 6 for Hairston.

The other reason,   is they project to be sub-500 again.     That's our hope.    So we're getting a better pick, a higher pick from them than we would with most other teams.    We may be getting a pick that's anywhere from 10-20 spots higher in any given round.

States in the Jets press release that this was the 2nd of there 2 6th round picks so I don't think that is their own but someone else's they got in a prior trade.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

States in the Jets press release that this was the 2nd of there 2 6th round picks so I don't think that is their own but someone else's they got in a prior trade.

Oh....    OK.... 

I guess a later 6th still beats getting a 7 from them or someone else.... 

Thanks for the good 411...

11 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Where's that put us, Desir, Rock, Moore, Tell. Then one or two more. Milton has to stay for special teams, so that leaves Wilson and Taylor. Keep Wilson and put Taylor on practice squad.

Seems like Wilson has improved. He'll probably stay. I don't know about Milton staying. I might rather have Jalen Collins

On 8/28/2019 at 1:21 PM, NewColtsFan said:

We've been trading with them because of their location within the draft and their willingness to move lots of picks.

They had 2 high 2's last year,  and another this year that they were willing to offer.

They moved a 7 for Anderson.      And now a 6 for Hairston.

The other reason,   is they project to be sub-500 again.     That's our hope.    So we're getting a better pick, a higher pick from them than we would with most other teams.    We may be getting a pick that's anywhere from 10-20 spots higher in any given round.

Exactly!  A high six is better than just cutting him.

EDIT: It is The Chiefs pick, but still better than getting nothing by cutting him.

• Thanks 1