Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
DaveA1102

Picking a New Jersey

Who would you pick if getting a new Colts jersey today?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick if getting a new Colts jersey today?

• Quenton Nelson
    • Darius Leonard
    • TY Hilton
    • Malik Hooker
    • Jacoby Brissett
    • Kenny Moore
    • Marlon Mack
    • Other (please specify)

So, I have two Andrew Luck jerseys at home and, in the theory of having to move on with our lives, I am now thinking about who I would want on a new jersey. :dunno:

My front runners are Big Q and Leonard, but wondering what you guys would pick if you were picking one up today?

I have kept "Legends" out of it for now as would muddy the waters.

• Like 1

I may have to break out my Marlin Jackson jersey for this season.

I voted Leonard, although my days of buying jerseys may be over.  I have Unitas, Manning, Luck, Rob Morris (purchased on clearance at a Colts event about 8 years ago) and a generic 42 jersey.  My Luck jersey was a Christmas gift, so if my wife feels like a need a new one now, then I'll let her know Leonard would be my choice....but, I'd wear a Nelson with pride, too.

• Like 2

My Luck jersey was a gift too. I prefer to wear Colts tee shirt or hoodie. Players come and go, "Colts" blue goes on forever!

• Like 6

Leonard and Nelson will be around forever barring injury.  Hooker isnt going anywhere...may spring for a Deon Cain one I expect him to be a focal point for a long time.

• Like 1

I have a Leonard and a Luck jersey. I think I’D have to go with TY. I think Leonard is the most popular new pickup though. :) 

Just a little funny story... I bought my Leonard jersey right after the Redskins game. I wore it downtown to dinner after the next home game and my waiter was so confused. “Leonard? Are you his girlfriend or something?” Pshhhh...

Now, everyone knows who he is. Didn’t take long haha 

• Like 4

I’m more of a player t-shirt kinda guy as I only wear a jersey if I’m going to a game or a sports bar. 

As for jerseys..I currently have the Reebok Manning, Adai and Wayne. With a Nike Hilton. Personally, I’d go Leonard. Gives me a defensive guy plus a very young guy who will hopefully be a Colt for several more years. 

As a Michigan fan, I admit Hooker would be a nice buy as well. Young, talented and core piece to the defense. 

Will be in the States shortly on holiday and will definitely be wearing my Luck jersey, no doubt about that. If I do buy a new one as a holiday purchase, I might go for Cain.

• Like 1

Because I respect the person as much as the player I would go with Mighty Mouse aka Kenny Moore! Plus he wears my favorite number too....lol

• Like 1

Do what I did. In 1987 l found a Colts jersey which at the time was near impossible to find in S Fl. The # was 33 and has no name on the back. As free agency developed, l decided not to add a name since that player would probably be gone in a couple of years anyway. Its the only jersey I ever needed.

And besides, when I go to a game fans offer me refreshments thinking "Look at this pathetic *... Cant even afford a decent jersey."

So... Wait... Nevermind

• Haha 2

T.Y. Hilton, the most underrated and underappreciated Colt, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

T.Y. Hilton, the most underrated and underappreciated Colt, IMO.

That is a good shout really, especially seeing as he is 3rd right now in the poll and I’m one of the many who didn’t choose him:(

• Like 1

I have 3 different Luck jersey, an Austin Collie jersey and an autographed Pat McAfee jersey. I voted Jacoby but I like to be different.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Think I'll just hold off a couple of years and get a Trevor Lawrence jersey. 

That’s some serious doubt in this roster as well as Ballard can do this offseason  if you think following next season we have top overall pick 

Leonard is what I'm leaning towards. Going with blue this time around to. The white jerseys look so good until that first stain happens. Almost makes you not want to wear it again.

I'm with alot of people. Jerseys are just too baggy for me. Ironically I have a Luck Tshirt. Which i'll still sport. But I'll probably pick up a hoodie this fall. 

I did vote Leonard those. 

• Like 1

Quenton or Leonard would be my picks, leaning more towards Big Q. I’ll be wearing my Bob Sanders, Wayne, or Dallas Clark jersey for the time being.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I chose Hooker because it reminds me of John Lee. 

john-lee-hooker.jpg

I saw him live once at a bar in California. We walked in about 9:00 pm and they were playing Endless Boogie. We left about 1:30 am, and they were still playing Endless Boogie, non-stop. Band members would take breaks, one at a time, while everyone else just kept going. 

• Like 1

I know he's a legendary player, but considering he still plays for the Colts I would love a Vinny jersey. Honestly if I could get any Colts jersey for free right now, my top choices would be Saturday, Luck, Vinny, and McAfee in that order. I already own a Manning and a Mathis jersey.

I must like the retired/old players more I guess

• Like 1

I’m honestly afraid to buy another jersey. Every player I get seems to get injured/retire/leave the team the season after. 

Austin Collie

Dallas Clark

Anthony Gonzalez

Bob Sanders 

Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

I’m the curse, apparently. 

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m honestly afraid to buy another jersey. Every player I get seems to get injured/retire/leave the team the season after. 

Austin Collie

Dallas Clark

Anthony Gonzalez

Bob Sanders 

Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

We could have used you a few years ago......could all have chipped in and got you a jersey with "Grigson" on the back! haha

• Haha 1

Big Q or Maniac.

I'd do a custom order to say either Big Q or Maniac. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

We could have used you a few years ago......could all have chipped in and got you a jersey with "Grigson" on the back! haha

Not sure how well that would have worked at games. May have been murdered. 

• Haha 1

Have a Luck Jersey  may get a Leonard  or hilton one next.

I have three Manning jerseys, Sanders, Freeney, Thornton and Hilton. I also have an Austin Collie Jersey because 17 is the number I have worn on my jerseys my whole life. I took the letters off some years ago see if a number 17 is worth putting the name on. Let's see if funchess gets the nod

The thread title confused me at first, I thought there were going to be some new jersey jokes or that a player had been granted a trade request to Foxborno.

Voted for PanQuake on this one.

13 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

So, I have two Andrew Luck jerseys at home and, in the theory of having to move on with our lives, I am now thinking about who I would want on a new jersey. :dunno:

My front runners are Big Q and Leonard, but wondering what you guys would pick if you were picking one up today?

I have kept "Legends" out of it for now as would muddy the waters.

I think you can't go wrong with Q or Darius....    great choices....

But, if you're willing to be a little outside the box,  I'd also consider Kenny Moore.   I love the guy!   He's got a lot of bulldog in him...    he's small and feisty and out-punches his weight class.   And the team seems to love him and rallly around him.    

Finally....   if you can be a bit patient....   I wouldn't rule out Brissett.   If you listen to Ballard and Reich,  the team LOVES him.   They love his leadership.   They think they can win with him.   They believe in him.    He'll either prove it on the field this season,  or he won't.    But if you're willing to wait a bit to see what happens,  you might be the one to start a trend.    That's always fun!

• Like 2

Ok I'll put this here since it is on topic about jerseys. Monday the 26th was my birthday. My girlfriend of over 8 years now was shopping for a gift. She was on the Colt shop website looking at anything she thought I might like. This was around the 17th-19th, time was running out. She scrolls down and sees a jersey with her name on it and text her son," is this a real player?" he text back, "yes, he's the backup quarterback". So for those of you can't figure it out 2 days after Luck retired I opened my gift of a Chad Kelly jersey. The most amazing girl ever-her name is Kelly.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Austin Collie

Dallas Clark

Anthony Gonzalez

Bob Sanders 

Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

Get a Brady Jersey 

• Like 4

Colts should do a jersey exchange, allowing fans to trade in their Luck jersey for any jersey not named Hilton, Leonard, Nelson. Even if there is a $10 charge involved. Would be cool to see a wide range of Colts player jerseys in the stands instead of the usual 90% Luck.

Would love to see 5 people sitting next to each other wearing Costanzo, Nelson, Kelly, Glowinski, Smith jerseys.

Will never happen as they want all those with Luck jerseys to buy $90 new jerseys, but I think a lot of people will be hesitant to buy another jersey.

After 4-5 Jerseys, picking players that were gone in 3-5 years

I went with 99, and my last name on the back.

20 years later...... still wear it to games

I think around 1787 would be the best one.

"In 1787, New Jersey became the third state to ratify the U.S. Constitution and the first state to sign the Bill of Rights. In 1790, Trenton officially became the state capital of New Jersey. William Livingston became New Jersey's first state governor. 

New Jersey grew and prospered during the early 1800s. New factories sprung up throughout the state. Paterson became a textile center and later became known for producing trains and silk. Trenton produced clay products, iron, and steel. Camden, Elizabeth, Jersey City, Newark, and Passaic all became major manufacturing centers in the 1800s". 

• Haha 1