Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich presser 8/27


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The pain and problem with his leg doesn’t just disappear because he retired. It still needs to be treated.

Oh, Brissett's definitely gonna get blitzed heavily early on. He's gonna have to earn the respect of the opposing defense.

I was very disappointed at the fans in indy for booing luck. He sacrificed alot to the colts and the thanks he got was boos. I'm a HUGE colts fan and it made me sick.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh, Brissett's definitely gonna get blitzed heavily. No question.

The fact Reich already knows that is a possibility is a good thing. They will hopefully game plan for that to make it less of a issue. I am going to be interested to see how Kelly and Brissett develop together with calling out pass protections. If we can run the ball early that might help with the blitzing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The fact Reich already knows that is a possibility is a good thing. They will hopefully game plan for that to make it less of a issue. I am going to be interested to see how Kelly and Brissett develop together with calling out pass protections. If we can run the ball early that might help with the blitzing.


It's a pretty common thing to do against an untested QB. 

And yeah definitely, I've mentioned the importance of Brissett and Kelly gaining chemistry in terms of pre-snap reads a couple times. It's gonna be vital for Brissett to get better in that area.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Wait a freaking second here.  Luck said he was sick of Rehab and the pain involved, that's why he's retiring, why continue the rehab?

I think it’s different because he isn’t playing . If he was going to have to rehab during the season he would have no time for anything else . Your rehabbing all week just to get to a game. I saw a video last night where they said when your rehabbing all season it takes away from game planning and working on your position and it’s hard to get better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he can do some of the things Tom did during that season like not turn the football over and keep drives alive we should be straight.  The Pats offense from that year wasn't really known as a high scoring, high flying offense. They scored about 23.2 points a game. I think Jacoby has at least 21ppg in him if not 28 with this personnel. Need a really solid defensive effort behind him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Wait a freaking second here.  Luck said he was sick of Rehab and the pain involved, that's why he's retiring, why continue the rehab?

... and I read where he wanted to go to Hawaii for his rehabilitation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

If he can do some of the things Tom did during that season like not turn the football over and keep drives alive we should be straight.  The Pats offense from that year wasn't really known as a high scoring, high flying offense.

He only threw 7 interceptions in the 15 games he started.....and at least one of them was a Hail Mary I believe.....? So he protected the ball fairly well to include taking a few sacks in order to not throw the ball to the other team.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

Give it up for god sakes .Did not know there was so many fair weather fans here!

fair weather fan? Hardly...

but as Colts fans are we all obligated to be happy with this whole Luck/Colts fiasco?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Wait a freaking second here.  Luck said he was sick of Rehab and the pain involved, that's why he's retiring, why continue the rehab?

So he can get healthy enough to go snowboarding this winter!

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

He only threw 7 interceptions in the 15 games he started.....and at least one of them was a Hail Mary I believe.....? So he protected the ball fairly well to include taking a few sacks in order to not throw the ball to the other team.

True and I don't think he threw a lot of interceptions in college either.  That's an extra plus for him IMO.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

fair weather fan? Hardly...

but as Colts fans are we all obligated to be happy with this whole Luck/Colts fiasco?

No you don't have to be happy but you don't have to be brutally cruel to a guy who gave up his body for 7 years and decided that he doesn't want to continue. He's a good man and has done so much for the community ( just ask the kids at Riley ).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

No you don't have to be happy but you don't have to be brutally cruel to a guy who gave up his body for 7 years and decided that he doesn't want to continue. He's a good man and has done so much for the community ( just ask the kids at Riley ).

Brutally cruel? Give me a break.

I don't doubt Luck's public service. But I do have a slight shadow of a doubt regarding these recent events. And I do believe he wanted to rehab in Hawaii.

But regardless... I have to guess, at this point, the last place you will happen to find Andrew Luck, will be hanging around in the Colts locker room.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Give it up for god sakes .Did not know there was so many fair weather fans here!

I've been a Colts fan the entire time theyve been in Indy. Went to my first game in Dec 1985, at the then Hoosier Dome against none other than the New England Patriots. I've been through the crappy years and the great years. i will continue to do so. 

That said, fans have a right to be upset. They were played by Luck for weeks about him starting in week 1, now he's not only not starting, but retired and did so after throwing footballs in front of them on national tv. Yeah, fans have a right to be ticked off.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Brutally cruel? Give me a break.

I don't doubt Luck's public service. But I do have a slight shadow of a doubt regarding these recent events. And I do believe he wanted to rehab in Hawaii.

But regardless... I have to guess, at this point, the last place you will happen to find Andrew Luck, will be hanging around in the Colts locker room.

I may have overreacted to over the reaction of so called Colt fans over thisyou attempted humor but I have been quit worked up over the many so called fan reaction to a man who has chosen to not risk anymore injuries that could definitely affect his quality of life now and in the future.  He was pummeled like no other player in the NFL his first 4 years in the league and spent a great deal of his life those first 4 years rehabbing. he may be a person who doesn't react well to painkillers but for whatever reason it affected his psyche.

Recent studies showed a year of two ago that out of 111 players examined post-mortum that 110 had CTE ( chronic traumatic encephalopathy ). Over 10,000 former players are listed as plaintiffs against the NFL for concussion related injuries. Because of this, many feel that we will be seeing more of early retirements  in the NFL. Andrew was recently married and is expecting his first child and decided to get out. McAfee called Luck the smartest guy he has ever known and he has a tremendous future outside of football and he has millions in the bank. I think he made a very wise decision,

Many booed him, called him a quitter, a loser, a liar..... I could go on and on. 

Again, sorry if I overreacted to your post.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I may have overreacted to over the reaction of so called Colt fans over thisyou attempted humor but I have been quit worked up over the many so called fan reaction to a man who has chosen to not risk anymore injuries that could definitely affect his quality of life now and in the future.  He was pummeled like no other player in the NFL his first 4 years in the league and spent a great deal of his life those first 4 years rehabbing. he may be a person who doesn't react well to painkillers but for whatever reason it affected his psyche.

Recent studies showed a year of two ago that out of 111 players examined post-motum that 110 had 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

still does not excuse his antics the last month and the last 2 preseason games during warm-ups.  Luck's reasoning for retiring is sound and justified.

 

However, the way in which he carried on, showing off and running/throwing drills over the last few weeks to instill what ended up being false confidence in his physical ability to play week 1, was wrong. Period and point blank.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

haha so he can get hurt a 3rd time. Wonder what he'll find to use as the scapegoat the next time :thinking:

Look, I've gone from shocked to denial to heartbroken to sad to angry to crying after watching some videos of AL.  I'm just happy I can find some humor in all this after the past few days. GO :coltslogo:

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Look, I've gone from shocked to denial to heartbroken to sad to angry to crying after watching some videos of AL.  I'm just happy I can find some humor in all this after the past few days. GO :coltslogo:

I'm at that angry/but smart rear end phase where I have a weird sense of humor about it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I may have overreacted to over the reaction of so called Colt fans over thisyou attempted humor but I have been quit worked up over the many so called fan reaction to a man who has chosen to not risk anymore injuries that could definitely affect his quality of life now and in the future.  He was pummeled like no other player in the NFL his first 4 years in the league and spent a great deal of his life those first 4 years rehabbing. he may be a person who doesn't react well to painkillers but for whatever reason it affected his psyche.

Recent studies showed a year of two ago that out of 111 players examined post-motum that 110 had 

 

I'm sorry but injuries are part of NFL football and Andrew doesn't deserve a medal for playing and getting hurt. There are literally 1000's of players that have dealt with injuries, more severe injuries and pain - Andrew is not unique in that aspect. Hes unique because he CHOSE to quit playing before injuries or Father Time made him quit and some fans take exception to that. That has nothing to do with their commitment to this team or their Colts fandom in general. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dgcolt4life said:

I was very disappointed at the fans in indy for booing luck. He sacrificed alot to the colts and the thanks he got was boos. I'm a HUGE colts fan and it made me sick.

I didn't react to them at all at the time.  I think I sat there with my mouth open staring at my phone and asking people 'is this real?'

 

I heard there were SOME fans booing and while it wouldn't have been my choice, I'm not judging them.  It was the heat of the moment.

 

Plenty of people around here reacted very poorly but it calmed down.  

 

It's still confusing but life goes on

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

 

I'm sorry but injuries are part of NFL football and Andrew doesn't deserve a medal for playing and getting hurt. There are literally 1000's of players that have dealt with injuries, more severe injuries and pain - Andrew is not unique in that aspect. Hes unique because he CHOSE to quit playing before injuries or Father Time made him quit and some fans take exception to that. That has nothing to do with their commitment to this team or their Colts fandom in general. 

It has to do with their false sense of entitlement. Spoiled children who are mad that they didn't get things their way and feel that players somehow OWE them their well being because they bought a jersey.

 

It has to due with their human decency and their character as a person.... or lack thereof.

 

Be upset at the situation. Be upset at the timing. Don't be upset at the guy who played and gave his body up until he felt like he couldn't anymore. The fact that other players have been injured before, or worse, is irrelevant.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...