Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
jvan1973

Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of honor?

Andrew in the ring of honor  

136 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of Honor



Recommended Posts

Curious on the thoughts of the fans now that we've had a few days to reflect.   I think he is more than deserving.   Jim Harbaugh is up there.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope Mr. Irsay gives the fans the opportunity to give Andrew the send off he deserves

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Curious on the thoughts of the fans now that we've had a few days to reflect.   I think he is more than deserving.   Jim Harbaugh is up there.   

Eventually but not for a while. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say no. I mean he played some really great ball while he was here. Enough the join the likes of Manning, Wayne, Harrison, Freeney, Unitas, and other in the ring? 

 

No. Sorry, but for me it’s a hard no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I have to say no. I mean he played some really great ball while he was here. Enough the join the likes of Manning, Wayne, Harrison, Freeney, Unitas, and other in the ring? 

 

No. Sorry, but for me it’s a hard no. 

Jim Harbaugh?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irsay seems to love him so he will probably end up going up there.  

 

Right now he's the guy who farted on his way out of the elevator.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong time to have this as a poll but he will. Marshall Faulk is in and he didnt do as much as luck did for the team

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Jim Harbaugh?

Harbaugh didn’t quit on his team 2 weeks before the season.  Like I said, Luck will get up there,  it not for several years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Jim Harbaugh?

 

I’ve honestly never agreed with him being in there, either. 

 

I think tenure should play one of, if not THE largest role in getting in. It gives emphasis to great seasons versus great seasons over the long haul. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, twfish said:

Wrong time to have this as a poll but he will. Marshall Faulk is in and he didnt do as much as luck did for the team

Yeah I have no idea why Faulk is in there

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, there should be no way. I'm still pretty mad about I'm coming along pretty good and the public cone drill that he did with efficiency. Sorry

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Marshall Faulk and Jim Harbaugh but they are there for one good reason because this was a basketball town and this team was horrible until those guys showed up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I like Marshall Faulk and Jim Harbaugh but they are there for one good reason because this was a basketball town and this team was horrible until those guys showed up. 

Eric Dickerson?  Chris Hinton?  Both great players.   Neither had the impact Andrew did

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I really hope Mr. Irsay gives the fans the opportunity to give Andrew the send off he deserves

He needs to do that way way before any ring of honor thing.  

  

I'm talking in the next couple weeks.  

Maybe the home opener.  

Idk.  

  

All in know is the Colts really screwed this up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to say yes because to qualify for the ring of honor you just have to have played for the Colts and sold tickets.    

 

Luck did that.  

  

Irsay will agree.  

  

I don't see Luck as an all time great Colt though. But he would have been had he played a full career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted yes. His retirement was abrupt and retiring 2 weeks before the season starts stings. It rubs some the wrong way, I get it. I am not happy about it. Having said that he was 53-33 as a starter and won 4 playoff games, got us to an AFC Title Game with really no O.Line or running game. Jim Harbaugh is in, so no way Andrew doesn't make it in. Andrew was a better player compared to Harbaugh.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the merits of accomplishment, yes... I believe he deserves to be up there.

 

I'm just not sure he wants to be.

 

And quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew quietly asks Jimmy Irsay to NOT extend him that honor. 

 

I could be wrong.... but right now its pretty clear that Andrew Luck wants to get as far away from football as he can.... and he may not want to come back for accolades or any other reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I'm going to say yes because to qualify for the ring of honor you just have to have played for the Colts and sold tickets.    

 

Luck did that.  

  

Irsay will agree.  

  

I don't see Luck as an all time great Colt though. But he would have been had he played a full career.

Chris Hinton sold tickets to colts games?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Chris Hinton sold tickets to colts games?

Fair enough.  

Idk what the parameters are.  

  

Seems like it's just Irsay trying to do something nice for guys he likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

He needs to do that way way before any ring of honor thing.  

  

I'm talking in the next couple weeks.  

Maybe the home opener.  

Idk.  

  

All in know is the Colts really screwed this up.

Totally agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

He'll make the Ring of Honor.  But not the Hall of Fame.

I agree. He didn't play long enough to be a Hall of Famer and he didn't win any SB's. I believe he belongs in the Colts Ring of Honor though. He wasn't Peyton or Unitas obviously but IMO he was very good/borderline great some could argue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

He needs to do that way way before any ring of honor thing.  

  

I'm talking in the next couple weeks.  

Maybe the home opener.  

Idk.  

  

All in know is the Colts really screwed this up.

Meh, Luck screwed this up. Luck was the one throwing balls before the game he announces his retirement, Luck ran the cone drills, Luck told people he would be the starter week 1. Colts aren’t perfect but this whole things rests on the shoulders of one Andrew Luck

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eugene Daniel should be in.    I'm guessing a large number of posters have no idea who that is

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Eugene Daniel should be in.    I'm guessing a large number of posters have no idea who that is

I think Bob Sanders belongs and he was always injured. Reason why I think Bob belongs is, it was obvious we were a different team with him out there. Our D was much better with him. He also won DPOY in 2007 and without him I do not think we win the SB in 2006.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I have to say no. I mean he played some really great ball while he was here. Enough the join the likes of Manning, Wayne, Harrison, Freeney, Unitas, and other in the ring? 

 

No. Sorry, but for me it’s a hard no. 

 

Unitas isn’t in the Ring, but I think you have to put Luck in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Bob Sanders belongs and he was always injured. Reason why I think Bob belongs is, it was obvious we were a different team with him out there. Our D was much better with him. He also won DPOY in 2007 and without him I do not think we win the SB in 2006.

Agreed. He deserves to go in there before Luck for sure. Namely due to the Super Bowl but also do to his work off the field

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

 

Unitas isn’t in the Ring, but I think you have to put Luck in. 

Didn't Unitas choose not to be? I remember reading something that said he only wanted to be a part of Baltimore and wanted nothing to do with Indianapolis. That was a long time ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh, Luck screwed this up. Luck was the one throwing balls before the game he announces his retirement, Luck ran the cone drills, Luck told people he would be the starter week 1. Colts aren’t perfect but this whole things rests on the shoulders of one Andrew Luck

If the Colts knew mid week, it should have been announced sooner.  

They did the fans and Luck a disservice.  

  

Now let's get back on topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

If the Colts knew mid week, it should have been announced sooner.  

They did the fans and Luck a disservice.  

  

Now let's get back on topic.

If they knew. It sounds like they didn’t know until Friday at the earliest

 

either way, back to the topic.

 

does he deserve to be there, yes. Should he be there anytime soon, no. Not until this cools down, you know, in 5-7 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Jim Harbaugh?

That season was magical and he gutted out every inch of the field.  I’m glad he’s in that ring of honor.   

 

Id like Daniels too.   Every year it seemed  they tried to replace him with a younger corner and he wouldn’t have it.  Another gutsy colt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

That season was magical and he gutted out every inch of the field.  I’m glad he’s in that ring of honor.   

 

Id like Daniels too.   Every year it seemed  they tried to replace him with a younger corner and he wouldn’t have it.  Another gutsy colt. 

Andrew was also a gutsy colt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Andrew was also a gutsy colt

There is no doubt in my mind he is getting just not ready to vote for it today.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't Unitas choose not to be? I remember reading something that said he only wanted to be a part of Baltimore and wanted nothing to do with Indianapolis. That was a long time ago. 

 

At that time , that was what Unitas wanted. Currently, he is in a special section of the Raven’s Ring of Honor , with the other Baltimore Colt Hall of Famers. For some reason , Ted Hendricks is not included. I also vote for Mike “ Mad Dog “ Curtis , for the pro football HOF. 

 

Luck has to be put in the Indy Colts Ring of Honor. He is like Barry Sanders or Gayle Sayres, whose careers ended early. Great players though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Eric Dickerson?  Chris Hinton?  Both great players.   Neither had the impact Andrew did

Peyton Manning have the greatest impact on this team. So what great impact did luck have on this team be on with Peyton started. I'm not saying you wasn't a great quarterback but there's no way doing in the Ring of Honor playing five and a half years and not winning any titles

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

There is no doubt in my mind he is getting just not ready to vote for it today.  

I'm not suggesting he go in this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I have absolutely no problems with any of those quarterbacks. Great selections. I know some fans in Denver thought Shannon Sharp should have gotten in as a TE, and Steeler fans thought Troy Polamalu should have gotten in as safety.  As much as we all give Belichick grief for his many Shennanigans , I have to say I am impressed with him on this show. He seems to be a very good student of NFL history, and even shown a good sense of humor that people rarely see.   I also like that Belichick was a huge Baltimore Colt’s fan , and idolized those late 50’s , early 60’s Colt teams.  His dad Steve coached at Navy, and Bill was in Annapolis MD at the time. A final footnote was that his first NFL coaching job was with the Baltimore Colts in 1975, under the tutelage of good ol’ Teddy Football. 
    • I had never heard of Emlen Tunnel. Perhaps I did and I don't remember. He is second behind Krause in interceptions.    Of course, Peyton is in without a doubt. Also: Unitas, Montana, Brady, Marino, Elway. What do you think?
    • The mystery is compunded by the fact they already cut him this year and he was claimed by........... Yeah, so those teams proved Kelly is great by snatching him up when they had the chance to for nothing.  "He's the highest paid PS guy in the league" is nothing to a team looking for a QB.  They'd have grabbed him faster than lightning if they wanted him.    As s for the article, I stopped when I read "since last we saw him, Brissett is processing faster". Processing what faster?  
    • Most of us are still in that mode but if you think about, things have changed now.
    • I was watching some tape on him as well as some interviews   He seems like an intelligent kid.    If they like the kid, I wouldnt risk the pick....... take him with our later 2nd round pick   I am starting to like this kid more than Love     You can build the team with the first two picks    Best two available  OT, WR, and/or DL   Use FA a little bit more.....    I would DUMP Hoyer after the season   He brings no value to the team, if he cant win when counted upon   If we were to draft Gordon (or Love)   Let them compete with JB and CK   Keep the top 2......         
  • Members

    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 2,610

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FalseStart

      FalseStart 275

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Orioles22

      Orioles22 22

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cgi4life

      cgi4life 91

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 2,663

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,498

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jeremy Waldon

      Jeremy Waldon 71

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MikeCurtis

      MikeCurtis 1,542

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 5,980

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,231

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...