Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The ultimate prediction thread

Everything written here is pure, undeniable truth. It is not intended as funny, flippant, or a play on words.

The Colts season will play out in scenarios that reach the possibilities of the infinity. This will happen regardless of our predictions, our disappointments, our rankings, our support, or our anger at the team. We could end up at the bottom of the division, or even the NFL. We could end up mediocre... or even win the SB. Because of the honestly "endless" ways the season could go, we as fans have one undeniable opportunity...

We can choose to watch it all unfold as if we were starting all over, enjoying it for every achievement or failure....as it builds again. This opportunity is available to every single fan. I intend to enjoy this rare moment to it's fullest. 

If you are as excited about this as I am, please post why. In all my decades of following the Colts, I have NEVER seen this well built of a young budding team, ripe for a young QB. This, folks, could be frickin cool as hell. 

• Like 6

We have a much more balanced team than 2017. A decent and improving defense. A solid Oline, a probable 1000 yds RB, and a stable of pretty good receivers. Add a coach who runs a short, quick pass offense with the occasional bomb and a strong running game and I think we do alright. True we no longer have a top 5 QB, but do we need one? If the D can keep games reasonable close then our QB doesn't have to score big points to win. So where does that leave us? If the rest of the team plays to their expected capabilities, and Brissett can be top 10-15 level then I think we win the AFC South with a 9-7/10-6 record. If we find out that some the other parts of the team are not as good as we think then maybe 7-9/8-8. And we watch the playoffs.   

Regardless I'll be watching every game just as I have since 1984. I watched us when we were 3-13, and when Curtis Painter was under center. I loved the Peyton years and was excited about the future with Andrews return, but I watch and root for the team not one player. I didn't buy a Bronco's jersey when Peyton left. To paraphrase Coach Dale in Hoosiers. "Our team is on the field"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6-10. To. 10-6.    Hard to know until we see Jacoby sling it.   I'm guessing 8-8. But hope for better obviously

3 minutes ago, Devildog said:

My prediction is that these so called fans will jump ship and hop on another team's bandwagon.  

Good riddance

• Like 4

I think the Colts were a legit Championship contender with Andrew Luck.

I think the Colts are a legit playoff contender with Jacoby Brissett.

Woe is me, we're doomed, can't do, can't win, sky is falling, tank the season, it's over before it starts - is really annoying. :HFire:

The Colts are my team, and I'm excited for the season!

GO COLTS!  :rock:

• Like 8
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

If this happens, I will buy you a steak from St Elmo’s

St Elmos? Wow that’s out of my budget!  How about Sizzler? Those still around? If not, Golden Corall, all the steak you can eat!!! :yuk:

• Haha 1

I'm optimistic about this team.  I too agree it is more balanced, and Brissett has had time to build chemistry with his receivers, and has time to learn the playbook.  If he overcomes nerves of being "the man", I believe he will excel.  I believe his teammates will rally around him, and he will lead them to a play off birth.  That's my hope.  Anything beyond that is gravy, and anything less, I'll be disappointed.  It's the Colts!  I expect them to win!!  Also, I believe in Reich and Ballard.  I think Ballard has been building this team the right way.

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

82% completion percentage?? 10% better than the record?? Do yourself a favor and never bet on sports in Vegas. 

Lol this is the ultimate  prediction  thread. 82 percent  completion  is ultimate lol

6 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

Passing 3900yd 25TD 12int 

Rushing 250yd 3TD

10-6 AFC S. champs. 

I think his td int rate will be close to what you got. Hopefully  his tds are around the 35 to 40 range as that will give us a better  shot at winning.  With catch after run receivers  similar  to the 2013 broncos I think Brissett  can get atleast 30 tds.

15 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Everything written here is pure, undeniable truth. It is not intended as funny, flippant, or a play on words.

The Colts season will play out in scenarios that reach the possibilities of the infinity. This will happen regardless of our predictions, our disappointments, our rankings, our support, or our anger at the team. We could end up at the bottom of the division, or even the NFL. We could end up mediocre... or even win the SB. Because of the honestly "endless" ways the season could go, we as fans have one undeniable opportunity...

We can choose to watch it all unfold as if we were starting all over, enjoying it for every achievement or failure....as it builds again. This opportunity is available to every single fan. I intend to enjoy this rare moment to it's fullest. 

If you are as excited about this as I am, please post why. In all my decades of following the Colts, I have NEVER seen this well built of a young budding team, ripe for a young QB. This, folks, could be frickin cool as hell. 

Future dynasty in the making, to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Future dynasty in the making, to be honest. 

Maybe, maybe not.   It all depends on Brissett.  He is the great unknown right now.   If he ends up being average, these next few years may be wasted.  As I said in another thread, my fear is that he will be a bit above average and Ballard will feel the need to keep him after this season and sign him to a large contract (above average QB's get huge $$).   Similar situation like the Cowboys are in with Dak.  Dak is better than the free agents available, but not a great QB.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, HOZER said:

St Elmos? Wow that’s out of my budget!  How about Sizzler? Those still around? If not, Golden Corall, all the steak you can eat!!! :yuk:

Its out of mine too, but if he is right and we win the SB this year after all this, I will take out a second mortgage to honor that for him 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Devildog said:

My prediction is that these so called fans will jump ship and hop on another team's bandwagon.  

I predict when jumping ship at least one "fan" will end up with a calf injury, high ankle sprain, or a small little bone issue.

10-6, division winner.  Just peeked at Power Rankings updated since Saturday.  Most have us between #21 and #25.  That’s under-rating a team with a Top 5 OL and a Top 10 D.  This is gonna be fun to watch IMHO...

I predict that midway through the season video will surface of Luck throwing footballs and this place will go crazy.

I predict the Colts will crush the Chargers, with the defense dominating Old Man Rivers.

I predict Brissett will play just good enough for the Colts to be in the playoff hunt, but not good enough to avoid a QB controversy, with most fans wanting to see Kelly get a chance to start.

I predict the Colts will lead the league in YAC.

7 hours ago, coltsva said:

I predict that midway through the season video will surface of Luck throwing footballs and this place will go crazy.

I predict the Colts will crush the Chargers, with the defense dominating Old Man Rivers.

I predict Brissett will play just good enough for the Colts to be in the playoff hunt, but not good enough to avoid a QB controversy, with most fans wanting to see Kelly get a chance to start.

I predict the Colts will lead the league in YAC.

Leading  league  in yards after catch is a big possibility