Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JMV having traces of doubt in his opinion on this situation

HOF19

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I need evidence that it's based in fact before I'll even think about it. 

It's a catch 22 situation, which is just another reason folks will speculate. DD is never going to burn his source publicly. The FO would likely never admit to it if true. In whatever settlement agreement they did with Luck, I'm sure a standard non disclosure was included. 

If it were false, you'd think the FO or Luck would simply come out and deny it. While I think DD is a turd, he's not a small time unknown folks will simply dismiss.

Logically, whatever the truth is, it's bad optics that perpetuates the fog over the situation.

I know this is a hot topic for all of the talking heads and will continue to be until every whack job gets their 2 cents worth in. The only TRUE fact I know is Andrew doesn't work here any more, he cleaned out his locker, he's history.  The reason why is only known to him.

The season starts in 2 weeks.  Let's roll with what we got, and let the coach's do their job.  Unlike a lot of you guy's in here, I'm gonna back my team, this organization, and the man who brought it here.  

One last thought, never been a season ticket holder, insufficient funds if you know what I mean, but to those who are, and are requesting a refund?  SEE YA  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm at peace with it too. I'm also at peace knowing that it's natural for people to try and understand what they don't know. It does bother me as well if it's pure tin foil stuff. 

What are your thought on DD's claim Luck and Hawaii? Full disclosure, I dislike DD (a lot), but I'm not sure he would lie about something like that.

You don't need anything to discount ANYTHING Dakich ever says. He doesn't have sources. He's never broken ANY news about the Colts EVER. He picks up the most outrageous rumors from the internet(something that was actually on this board 2 days ago) and runs with it because the outrageous gives him attention. He's the local version of Skip Bayless. He's NOT a serious journalist. Don't pay him the attention he craves! Just ignore him and don't give him the traffic he's looking for. You will save yourself a lot of frustrations and a lot of time wasted in the wastelands of garbage hot-takery.

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

I know this is a hot topic for all of the talking heads and will continue to be until every whack job gets their 2 cents worth in. The only TRUE fact I know is Andrew doesn't work here any more, he cleaned out his locker, he's history.  The reason why is only known to him.

The season starts in 2 weeks.  Let's roll with what we got, and let the coach's do their job.  Unlike a lot of you guy's in here, I'm gonna back my team, this organization, and the man who brought it here.  

One last thought, never been a season ticket holder, insufficient funds if you know what I mean, but to those who are, and are requesting a refund?  SEE YA  

To the bolded. I'm not a season ticket holder either, but unless you are going to 8 home games like them, have to watch a team without Luck when you thought you were SB contenders, and paid a substantial amount of money for the tickets like them, you have no right to say SEE YA. 

These fans dedicated their time and money to buy these tickets, and if they don't want to watch a diminished product that came out of nowhere, they don't have too. You have no tickets, you don't have to deal with going to the games without Luck, you are watching from your couch.

Pay for the tickets and go to the games (walk the walk, and talk the talk), and you can tell them SEE YA. Until then, they are paying customers and you aren't.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To the bolded. I'm not a season ticket holder either, but unless you are going to 8 home games like them, have to watch a team without Luck when you thought you were SB contenders, and paid a substantial amount of money for the tickets like them, you have no right to say SEE YA. 

These fans dedicated their time and money to buy these tickets, and if they don't want to watch a diminished product that came out of nowhere, they don't have too. You have no tickets, you don't have to deal with going to the games without Luck, you are watching from your couch.

Pay for the tickets and go to the games (walk the walk, and talk the talk), and you can tell them SEE YA. Until then, they are paying customers and you aren't.

Read the bold question again...

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

Read the bold question again...

He's basically saying you can hop off the bandwagon without Luck, and I'm saying he can't judge them because he didn't spend money on tickets like them, and he doesn't have to go to each home game where the Colts are playing without Luck and cheer the same way. 

I don't blame people for wanting a refund, it changes your whole outlook and expectations for the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

A rare and different bird that will perhaps be happier flying somewhere else. 

Nobody has made this comparison but what about Pat Macafee? Best at his position, tired of injuries , a different bird as well with lots of talent, and retired early.

Yea, I can see Ballard adding a Luck/McAfee TRAIT analytic to his scouting repetoir.  He'll steer clear of the "rare bird" trait for sure.  Possibly ANY  name with a "Mc" in it too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I’m quite sure nobody held a gun to their head and forced them to purchase season tickets,  no guarantee.  If Andrew had not retired, and had a career ending injury in the first minute of the first game would you be asking for a refund?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

It's a catch 22 situation, which is just another reason folks will speculate. DD is never going to burn his source publicly. The FO would likely never admit to it if true. In whatever settlement agreement they did with Luck, I'm sure a standard non disclosure was included. 

If it were false, you'd think the FO or Luck would simply come out and deny it. While I think DD is a turd, he's not a small time unknown folks will simply dismiss.

Logically, whatever the truth is, it's bad optics that perpetuates the fog over the situation.

It was reported (more credible IMO) Luck was given the option of IR, and Luck refused it. Why not take it and then go to Hawaii?  By the time he is eligible to return, it will have been 3 months...

I don't buy DD's story.

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Worrying about "the optics" is not something I'm going to do. This is a very rare circumstance, there's no book on this. Everyone can second guess all they want, but unless someone can point to something real and concrete that the team should have done differently -- in response to real information the team would have had available at the time -- I don't put a lot of stock into the criticism of 'the way it looks.' 

As for the speculation on DD's comment, if someone else said they'd heard this from a reputable source, that might be worth talking about. Probably not still, I think there's a lot of nonsense being circulated, and I'm not interested in pulling on loose strands. If someone puts together a well sourced report of the circumstance and publishes it, I'm all in. Until then, it's just wild eyed theories.

And as someone else said, DD has a reputation for trolling. He has no journalistic integrity, so forgive me for being dismissive of him. And it's not just negative stuff, I don't take him at his word for anything. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 6:11 PM, Chloe6124 said:

All I know is there is so much more to this story then anyone knows. Sure seems to me it is all mental. None of it makes any sense.

That's just not true.  It makes perfect sense.  But some people refuse to see that so they concoct their own fictional narrative so that things make sense to them.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, throwing BBZ said:

He made up his mind he wouldn't go through those difficult times again.
It's football. Quarterbacks playing behind the best lines in history Still take a pounding. Their is no joy in Mudeville, the Mighty Luck has walked out.
 He had an ouchy in his leg. The guy did what Manning did. He got as much $$$ as he could while holding all the marbles. Until Ballard cut him off. It is Business.
 We get that Irsay still has control over him under the rules. That didn't come cheap.

Absolutely not true.  He easily could have gone on IR and still made all, or at least most of his 2019 salary.  However he retired before the season started so he voided that money. 

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Does the same not also apply to Luck?  If you haven't been in his shoes, if you haven't walked the walk and talked the talk that he has then you have no right to disparage him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yea, I can see Ballard adding a Luck/McAfee TRAIT analytic to his scouting repetoir.  He'll steer clear of the "rare bird" trait for sure.  Possibly ANY  name with a "Mc" in it too.

As an American McC..... And proud of my heritage, I find the insinuation here pretty insulting.... And completely true!  Lmao Slainte!

6 hours ago, ojsglove said:

I’m quite sure nobody held a gun to their head and forced them to purchase season tickets,  no guarantee.  If Andrew had not retired, and had a career ending injury in the first minute of the first game would you be asking for a refund?

Maybe not, but even Matt Overton feels that the fans got screwed in a way because he is offering refunds and is giving those tickets to the Childrens hospital. He's not a hugely rich guy either, it should be Irsay or Luck doing this.

As to your second point, that's where you could say no guarantee. At least then it would be an unlucky scenario where Luck played and had a career-ending injury. I wouldn't ask for a refund because at least would have started game one at that point and everyone was truthful. You have no reason to bash these people because you are not losing time and money, they are.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, J@son said:

That's just not true.  It makes perfect sense.  But some people refuse to see that so they concoct their own fictional narrative so that things make sense to them.

Absolutely not true.  He easily could have gone on IR and still made all, or at least most of his 2019 salary.  However he retired before the season started so he voided that money. 

Does the same not also apply to Luck?  If you haven't been in his shoes, if you haven't walked the walk and talked the talk that he has then you have no right to disparage him.

I may not be able to understand how his injuries affected him, but I've learned enough to see how he misled fans and was even laughing and joking with teammates at the 3rd preseason game after retiring and before it was official. 

How were the fans supposed to take it in the heat of the moment when they heard the news leaked in a preseason game? Nothing wrong with booing. The fans expressed themselves in a non-violent matter. They didn't throw anything at him, didn't curse at him, and didn't try to attack him. Just straight boos. Well within their right, and the best part was Luck heard it, so he could see how his actions negatively affected people toward him.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

even Matt Overton feels that the fans got screwed

That's a stretch. I thought Overton was simply jumping at an opportunity to be charitable, not co-signing anyone's feelings of being taken advantage of. Go through his Twitter timeline and I think you'll reconsider this read of his offer.

You have no reason to bash these people because you are not losing time and money, they are.

When you buy tickets to a game, you're not guaranteed that certain players will be available. I totally understand buying tickets with the expectation that you'll be seeing a team with a franchise level QB, a team aspiring for great things, and if that influences your decision to spend time and money on the team, that's fine. I'm not judging anyone's fandom.

But you're not buying season tickets to the Andrew Luck's. You're buying tickets to the Colts.

And this hits home for me on a smaller level. I'm in SoCal, and was on the fence about going to the opener against the Chargers. Then the Luck news dropped, and I was all over the place. I've now settled on going to the game, because these are the Colts. I'm a Colts fan -- I was before Luck, I will be now that he's gone. And this is an infrequent opportunity for me to see the team of which I'm a fan play without getting on a plane, so I'm taking advantage of it. 

I say all that because I understand the conflict. But I also understand that the Colts were not just Andrew Luck + 52 teammates. The Colts are a team, with or without him, and I'm a fan of that team. 

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Maybe not, but even Matt Overton feels that the fans got screwed in a way because he is offering refunds and is giving those tickets to the Childrens hospital. He's not a hugely rich guy either, it should be Irsay or Luck doing this.

I don't think it's about fans being screwed, it's about taking lemons and making lemonade by helping Riley Children's hospital out while giving angry fans to recoup their season Tix outlay. Here's his thought on his team mate, Luck-

“It was emotional for me to watch him up there.” Overton stated watching Luck’s retirement announcement. “You can obviously tell that he’s going through a real big struggle and he has been for quite some time now. Being former teammates with him and playing alongside him for five years, I know the man he is, the competitor he is and the teammate he is. People are questioning his character and his toughness, all that kind of stuff. I just think it’s a bunch of B.S.”

As to your second point, that's where you could say no guarantee. At least then it would be an unlucky scenario where Luck played and had a career-ending injury. I wouldn't ask for a refund because at least would have started game one at that point and everyone was truthful. You have no reason to bash these people because you are not losing time and money, they are.

There's a risk any player could get hurt, or quit at any time.  Buying season tickets because of one guy in a team sport sets one up for a potential heartbreak.  Things happen sometimes.

What is the untruth, that Luck expected to be playing game one but in trying found out he can't?  I knew and reported here he wouldn't be 100% but Ballard said would play him at a >=85% level. The quest always was in my mind, would Luck play at 85% level? Apparently, no.  I admit I didn't expect retirement, but missing games, yes. I was ready for that possibility.

I think some folks would have felt better if Luck would have skipped to Cabo San Lucas for OTA's and camp and hung with Zeke and Faulk this whole time instead...

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's a stretch. I thought Overton was simply jumping at an opportunity to be charitable, not co-signing anyone's feelings of being taken advantage of. Go through his Twitter timeline and I think you'll reconsider this read of his offer.

When you buy tickets to a game, you're not guaranteed that certain players will be available. I totally understand buying tickets with the expectation that you'll be seeing a team with a franchise level QB, a team aspiring for great things, and if that influences your decision to spend time and money on the team, that's fine. I'm not judging anyone's fandom.

But you're not buying season tickets to the Andrew Luck's. You're buying tickets to the Colts.

And this hits home for me on a smaller level. I'm in SoCal, and was on the fence about going to the opener against the Chargers. Then the Luck news dropped, and I was all over the place. I've now settled on going to the game, because these are the Colts. I'm a Colts fan -- I was before Luck, I will be now that he's gone. And this is an infrequent opportunity for me to see the team of which I'm a fan play without getting on a plane, so I'm taking advantage of it. 

I say all that because I understand the conflict. But I also understand that the Colts were not just Andrew Luck + 52 teammates. The Colts are a team, with or without him, and I'm a fan of that team. 

Exactly! I was penning many of the same the same thoughts. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superman said:

Worrying about "the optics" is not something I'm going to do. This is a very rare circumstance, there's no book on this. Everyone can second guess all they want, but unless someone can point to something real and concrete that the team should have done differently -- in response to real information the team would have had available at the time -- I don't put a lot of stock into the criticism of 'the way it looks.' 

As for the speculation on DD's comment, if someone else said they'd heard this from a reputable source, that might be worth talking about. Probably not still, I think there's a lot of nonsense being circulated, and I'm not interested in pulling on loose strands. If someone puts together a well sourced report of the circumstance and publishes it, I'm all in. Until then, it's just wild eyed theories.

And as someone else said, DD has a reputation for trolling. He has no journalistic integrity, so forgive me for being dismissive of him. And it's not just negative stuff, I don't take him at his word for anything. 

I'm not worrying about the optics at all. They are what they are. There's been enough "stuff" in the past that make folks more susceptible to stories like the one from DD. And like I said earlier, it's all understandable or "natural" that fans doubt and look for answers when things don't quite make sense.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I may not be able to understand how his injuries affected him, but I've learned enough to see how he misled fans and was even laughing and joking with teammates at the 3rd preseason game after retiring and before it was official. 

How were the fans supposed to take it in the heat of the moment when they heard the news leaked in a preseason game? Nothing wrong with booing. The fans expressed themselves in a non-violent matter. They didn't throw anything at him, didn't curse at him, and didn't try to attack him. Just straight boos. Well within their right, and the best part was Luck heard it, so he could see how his actions negatively affected people toward him.

No you really haven't.  You've put just enough of the facts together with your feelings on the situation, mixed them in your conspiracy theory blender and now you're running with that little half-truth smoothie.

But again, if fans can boo Luck without having walked in his shoes, then fans who've never paid for season tickets can tell fans who have "see ya" when they complain about Luck not playing.  Can't have it both ways.

14 hours ago, stitches said:

You don't need anything to discount ANYTHING Dakich ever says. He doesn't have sources. He's never broken ANY news about the Colts EVER. He picks up the most outrageous rumors from the internet(something that was actually on this board 2 days ago) and runs with it because the outrageous gives him attention. He's the local version of Skip Bayless. He's NOT a serious journalist. Don't pay him the attention he craves! Just ignore him and don't give him the traffic he's looking for. You will save yourself a lot of frustrations and a lot of time wasted in the wastelands of garbage hot-takery.

I don't listen to DD. And like I said, I think he's a huge turd. I would not have known had a buddy from Indy that I grew up with not phoned me. I would point out though that the FO or AL could have easily come out and said this was nothing but nonsense. It will be interesting to see if the question is asked at one of the pressers.

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

No you really haven't.  You've put just enough of the facts together with your feelings on the situation, mixed them in your conspiracy theory blender and now you're running with that little half-truth smoothie.

But again, if fans can boo Luck without having walked in his shoes, then fans who've never paid for season tickets can tell fans who have "see ya" when they complain about Luck not playing.  Can't have it both ways.

I've put together all the facts I'm allowed to know. If we heard the 100% truth, believe me, it wouldn't go in your favor. 

None of us can be Luck or play in the NFL. Anyone can be a season ticket holder that lives within a reasonable distance. I value people's opinion more who are now in the situation where they have to go to 8 home games, cheer like everything's okay, and have their expectations ruined in the blink of an eye. 

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've put together all the facts I'm allowed to know. If we heard the 100% truth, believe me, it wouldn't go in your favor. 

None of us can be Luck or play in the NFL. Anyone can be a season ticket holder that lives within a reasonable distance. I value people's opinion more who are now in the situation where they have to go to 8 home games, cheer like everything's okay, and have their expectations ruined in the blink of an eye. 

They don't have to go to any games.   Sell the tickets.  See ya

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I value people's opinion more who are now in the situation where they have to go to 8 home games, cheer like everything's okay, and have their expectations ruined in the blink of an eye

Ah, I remember when we won nothing. We had fun and always ended games with the resolution "NEXT TIME!"

And our time came.

I went to a preseason game this year, luckily not last week.  I had fun.  Just being in the stadium is fun.  I was focused on trying to learn the players.

Winning is the best, it really is. I miss Peyton and Marvin and others.  But there's more to football than that.  Right now I've got meal prep underway for what i'm sure will be an underwhelming game.

No matter.  Football is family time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's basically saying you can hop off the bandwagon without Luck, and I'm saying he can't judge them because he didn't spend money on tickets like them, and he doesn't have to go to each home game where the Colts are playing without Luck and cheer the same way. 

I don't blame people for wanting a refund, it changes your whole outlook and expectations for the season.

You aren’t required to go to games even if you bought ticket.

If you buy a ticket it gives you admission to an event.  It doesn’t guarantee that you will get to see the stars you were hoping to see.  You aren’t entitled to that because you bought a ticket.  

Now with that said I get the frustration of feeling like you bought a ticket to see someone and now you are being told after the fact you won’t get to see them.  

So all you can do is factor that into the next time you decide to buy tickets or not.  I fully get it someone looks at this and 2017 and says forget it I am not buying tickets for that going forward.  Right now though there seems to be enough people to replace those fans so the colts can afford that hit.  If they changes then yes they will need to do something to get fans back.  In sports though, winning will fix that.

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Ah, I remember when we won nothing. We had fun and always ended games with the resolution "NEXT TIME!"

And our time came.

I went to a preseason game this year, luckily not last week.  I had fun.  Just being in the stadium is fun.  I was focused on trying to learn the players.

Winning is the best, it really is. I miss Peyton and Marvin and others.  But there's more to football than that.  Right now I've got meal prep underway for what i'm sure will be an underwhelming game.

No matter.  Football is family time

It's always fun going to the games and learning the players. I'm just tired of being the underdog. We were on the Chiefs and Pats level finally and it was snatched from us. Although I've accepted Luck's retirement, I'm disappointed still, and we're back to being the underdog. 

It's like the feeling when you work your way up to a good point in life, and a series of bad things happen and you have to start over. Back to the underdogs. I will say that the overall quality of the team will give us a fighting chance around Brissett though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I highly doubt that, but more importantly you don't know that so you're just speculating.  Therefore, no I don't think I'll believe you. :)

Second, to those expectations...as someone else pointed out, what if Luck had gone on IR...which is exactly what it sounds like would have happened had he not retired.  So either way, he probably wasn't playing this year unless he was back to 100% sometime after week 9.  Whether he retired or not, those fans weren't going to get to watch him play this season much, if at all.

38 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You aren’t required to go to games even if you bought ticket.

If you buy a ticket it gives you admission to an event.  It doesn’t guarantee that you will get to see the stars you were hoping to see.  You aren’t entitled to that because you bought a ticket.  

Now with that said I get the frustration of feeling like you bought a ticket to see someone and now you are being told after the fact you won’t get to see them.  

So all you can do is factor that into the next time you decide to buy tickets or not.  I fully get it someone looks at this and 2017 and says forget it I am not buying tickets for that going forward.  Right now though there seems to be enough people to replace those fans so the colts can afford that hit.  If they changes then yes they will need to do something to get fans back.  In sports though, winning will fix that.

That's why I wouldn't of bought season tickets this year with Luck's health, it was a complete gamble with a wide range of outcomes. Unfortunately for them, the outcome was the worst-case scenario. However, some people took the Colts at their word, and the timing was very awful. For them, it ruins the experience unless they are there for fun and they don't care about the outcome. Most do though.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's always fun going to the games and learning the players. I'm just tired of being the underdog. We were on the Chiefs and Pats level finally and it was snatched from us. Although I've accepted Luck's retirement, I'm disappointed still, and we're back to being the underdog. 

It's like the feeling when you work your way up to a good point in life, and a series of bad things happen and you have to start over. Back to the underdogs. I will say that the overall quality of the team will give us a fighting chance around Brissett though.

Anyone would be lying if they say Luck retiring wasn't a gut punch. I have seen some really bad football here from 1984-1986 when we moved to Indy, the 1-15 year with Jeff george, 2011 without Peyton, etc.. So I am getting over Luck retiring now but still like you said, we built a team ready to contend and then it is gone just like that. I like Brissett but he isn't Luck and everyone knows it. Can we have a team that wins a lot of close games and pull out a 9-7 record? Possibly if our defense is really good and our O.Line creates a decent running game.  Brissett is capable of being possibly 30 TD and 10 INT guy but that is stretching it. I am not sure 9-7 can win the division but it may. Regarding the other teams in our division, I do not see them being better than 9-7 either. Jags scare me the most, Houston lost Miller and the Titans have 8-8 written all over them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

I highly doubt that, but more importantly you don't know that so you're just speculating.  Therefore, no I don't think I'll believe you. :)

Second, to those expectations...as someone else pointed out, what if Luck had gone on IR...which is exactly what it sounds like would have happened had he not retired.  So either way, he probably wasn't playing this year unless he was back to 100% sometime after week 9.  Whether he retired or not, those fans weren't going to get to watch him play this season much, if at all.

IR would of probably went over much better with the fanbase. That would of told the story that Luck tried to play the season and wasn't medically cleared instead of retiring before the season.

Either way, he doesn't get playing time, but in the fans eyes, he tried to come back and couldn't before being forced to retire due to injuries rather than retiring before the season started.

I guarantee he wouldn't of been booed in that scenario. All about perception my friend! :thmup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

IR would of probably went over much better with the fanbase. That would of told the story that Luck tried to play the season and wasn't medically cleared instead of retiring before the season.

Either way, he doesn't get playing time, but in the fans eyes, he tried to come back and couldn't before being forced to retire due to injuries rather than retiring before the season started.

I guarantee he wouldn't of been booed in that scenario. All about perception my friend! :thmup:

Looking at it now, the best way for Luck to go out would've been after the SB was played, sometime in February. He could've just set up a press conference before free agency and the draft. He could've just simply said I played in pain all year and can't take it anymore - I love my teammates and love the fans, I will miss everyone. Had he done it that way, most people would've took a lot better and understood it more. Retiring 2 weeks before the season and leading people to believe you were going to play on opening day is what has people sour about this. I even thought he would play and was laughing at people that thought otherwise, he fooled me bigtime haha .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hear that.  It is frustrating.

But we don't yet know how well they'll play.  If I'm not bored senseless, I'll be good

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I don't listen to DD. And like I said, I think he's a huge turd. I would not have known had a buddy from Indy that I grew up with not phoned me. I would point out though that the FO or AL could have easily come out and said this was nothing but nonsense. It will be interesting to see if the question is asked at one of the pressers.

Everybody says they don't listen to DD, yet everybody knows exactly what he's talking about.  Weird.  

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Everybody says they don't listen to DD, yet everybody knows exactly what he's talking about.  Weird.  

I'm in GA so don't even have the option to listen to him (at least I think). My buddy listens to him back in Indy. I get a weekly download if there anything for him to complain about lol.

I'm an IU fan and grad, so well aware of his turdish history.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You can spin this any way you want, but booing Luck off the field was a total embarrassment for our fan base,  and we will have to live with that for many years.  I personally think, and I would bet a dollar to a doughnut, you can ask any of his team mates and they will say the fans booing him as he left the field affected them more than the retirement announcement.  

I've always respected you as a member here in this forum Jared, and agreed with many of your posts, but i'm sorry you are 100% wrong on this one

4 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

You can spin this any way you want, but booing Luck off the field was a total embarrassment for our fan base,  and we will have to live with that for many years.  I personally think, and I would bet a dollar to a doughnut, you can ask any of his team mates and they will say the fans booing him as he left the field affected them more than the retirement announcement.  

I've always respected you as a member here in this forum Jared, and agreed with many of your posts, but i'm sorry you are 100% wrong on this one

Any fanbase would have booed in that situation.  Don’t let people tell you otherwise.  

With that said I don’t agree with it and it’s not how I feel about Andrew and would like to think I wouldn’t have booed but I also think that most of those that did boo did so because of the situation and how it was playing out and probably don’t hold anything against Andrew long term.  

As for the media ripping Colts fans for it, the media loves nothing more than an easy over sensationalized story.  That’s what this is.  However, I’ve been surprised to hear a large number of media folks defending Colts fans over this. Those that want to rip Colts fans are just taking an easy story for attention and I just ignore them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I wish the media didn't run with the story like they did, but TBH, most athletes are soft at heart and have very big egos. A lot of people got their anger out in that one moment. When I saw that happen, and the fans have a voice in that instant, my anger immediately left me and I was able to recover quickly.

Booing is a non-violent way for the fans to express themselves, and it helps them relieve stress. I guess I don't take it as hard as everyone else. I appreciate that you respect me, that means a lot, but those fans represented my frustrations and that helped me a get over Luck's retirement quickly when Luck himself heard the booing as he walked out.

I'm probably selfishly wrong here, but I feel good because people sharing my opinion were acknowledged. Just being honest. I hope you can still respect me here.