Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Overton to buy tickets from angry season ticket holders

csmopar

That just screams "entitled."  Selling off because of 1 setback?  This franchise has been through a lot worse than Luck's retirement.  I honestly think Manning winning it all in Denver was more personally painful.

I think we can happily do without that kind of "fan."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

That just screams "entitled."  Selling off because of 1 setback?  This franchise has been through a lot worse than Luck's retirement.  I honestly think Manning winning it all in Denver was more personally painful.

I think we can happily do without that kind of "fan."

Maybe they lost their passion for the game....

• Like 2

I'm really PO'd about this. I parked for just a few minutes, leaving my two Colts' season tickets on the dash and my car doors locked. When I returned, my passenger window was smashed, and there were four season tickets on my dash. Whoever did this, that was just plain mean, dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

I'm really PO'd about this. I parked for just a few minutes, leaving my two Colts' season tickets on the dash and my car doors locked. When I returned, my passenger window was smashed, and there were four season tickets on my dash. Whoever did this, that was just plain mean, dude.

I've been tempted to donate my Luck jersey to Goodwill, but my turd would decompose a lot easier.

I can forgive but I'll never forget Andrew Luck telling us that his condition was progressing nicely and that efficient cone drill he did in public last week. He quit on this team two weeks before the season started. I'm tired of all the excuses he just quit. I'm not happy about it and tens of thousands are also not very happy about it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

If Schefter did not leak the news in the middle of the game and let Luck announce it himself, he would not have been booed. 

Agreed. Imagine if this had happened to Tom Brady. Those Patriot fans would have booed him; let's be serious.

The good news in all this is Luck now has time to run for President.

6 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Life lesson, stop worrying what people online and twitter say. They’re not indicative of normal humans.

People online and on twitter is what a "normal" human is these days. The fans expressed themselves in a non-violent matter by booing. They did nothing wrong.

4 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

If Schefter did not leak the news in the middle of the game and let Luck announce it himself, he would not have been booed. 

I love that Luck got booed. He was outright lying to the fanbase saying he couldn't wait to play this year, then karma hits and Schefter exposes his lie while he's in front of a home crowd in LOS. Much deserved from a frustrated fanbase that has been putting up with this since 2015 with Lucks injuries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Agreed. Imagine if this had happened to Tom Brady. Those Patriot fans would have booed him; let's be serious.

Brady is 41 and half the reason the Pats made 9 SB's and won 6. The fans would give him a lot more leeway. Luck retired at 29 and didn't win us a SB or even get us to one. He also never beat the Pats in 6 tries. He underachieved for us and will go down in a lot of fans minds as a bust based on his hype.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I love that Luck got booed. He was outright lying to the fanbase saying he couldn't wait to play this year, then karma hits and Schefter exposes his lie while he's in front of a home crowd in LOS. Much deserved from a frustrated fanbase that has been putting up with this since 2015 with Lucks injuries. 

Given how open you’ve been about your own struggles, and how the more we find out, the more it’s suggested there is a mental part to this; I think this is pretty shameful all round as a post. 

How often do people who are struggling have to put on the brave face and say "I'm fine" because of ignorance. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

How can you say He lied. He obviously was trying to and wanted to get back on the field or he wouldn't have been doing any football related drills for rehab. He my not have gave us the full disclosure at what was holding him back ( mental health) but I strongly believe he tried his best to get back on the field and he just couldn't shake it! Celebrating another man being booed in front of millions because he made a decision to better himself lol. News flash he owes you nothing nor does anybody else you are entitled to Nothing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Lol 

44 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

How can you say He lied. He obviously was trying to and wanted to get back on the field or he wouldn't have been doing any football related drills for rehab. He my not have gave us the full disclosure at what was holding him back ( mental health) but I strongly believe he tried his best to get back on the field and he just couldn't shake it! Celebrating another man being booed in front of millions because he made a decision to better himself lol. News flash he owes you nothing nor does anybody else you are entitled to Nothing. 

He is entitled to his opinion whether you like it or not.  I see where he is coming from tho. Fans felt lied to about the shoulder injury and probably were lied to this time as well so people would buy season tickets. The timing stinks and it was kind of karma kicking him in the butt. However, I haven’t heard anyone say he shouldn’t retire.  The main complaint is when he did it. It’s a legit complaint that will take some time for people to get over.  Maybe a couple years for some. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Given how open you’ve been about your own struggles, and how the more we find out, the more it’s suggested there is a mental part to this; I think this is pretty shameful all round as a post. 

How often do people who are struggling have to put on the brave face and say "I'm fine" because of ignorance. 

I've come to acceptance of Luck retiring. However, I lived through the fans that night and expressed my frustration toward Luck through them for all the run-around I've been put through by this team. Luck knew he was misleading the fans, and that situation couldn't be avoided with Schefter's tweet. Luck should of been honest, but I'm over it, and I'm sure the fans are over it now, and hopefully Luck will be okay.

I sympathize with him mentally, but I don't appreciate the dishonesty, which is why I'm for the booing. Hopefully he gets his life in order now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

He really didn't get boo'd by many people.   The media is making this more than it was. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

I maybe entitled to nothing, but the fans are entitled to boo Luck as long as they do it in a non-violent matter. We're allowed to cheer and boo how we wish, and those fans were just getting any vindication they could at that point. I'm glad Luck was on the field so he could see firsthand how upset he caused the fans to get towards him with the effects of his actions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jared Jammer said:

I don't blame them. I wouldn't be pleased dishing out a hefty amount of money for a mediocre product, either.

What a slap in the face to Darius Leonard, Kenny Moore, TY Hilton, and other countless good players. Please delete your Indianapolis Colts message or an account and move along! I hear there’s room on the patriots bandwagon

I know he wasn't a perfect LS, but Matt was always such a cool guy, and you could tell that guys like Luck and McAfee were fond of him. He still does stuff for this city and talks about the Colts a lot, which is really cool considering he plays for a direct rival. This gesture has made me respect him even more.

I like Matt, and it’s a nice gesture, but I think it’s more of a disguised insult to those who may have overreacted.  And I assume if there are takers, and the $$ numbers reach a substantial level, he’ll have plenty of supporters willing to help out publicly in order to show how wonderful they are in the face of someone else’s emotional distress.

9 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Schefter was just doing his job. Break a story. He's one of the best at it.  The shame is it got leaked out early from someone 'in the know' in the very small circle that knew and ruined Luck's Press conference for Sunday.  I don't blame Adam, I blame the 'leaker'.  We never know these leakers, so they likely have ulterior motives, IMO.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've come to acceptance of Luck retiring. However, I lived through the fans that night and expressed my frustration toward Luck through them for all the run-around I've been put through by this team. Luck knew he was misleading the fans, and that situation couldn't be avoided with Schefter's tweet. Luck should of been honest, but I'm over it, and I'm sure the fans are over it now, and hopefully Luck will be okay.

I sympathize with him mentally, but I don't appreciate the dishonesty, which is why I'm for the booing. Hopefully he gets his life in order now.

I'll let a tweet from Hall of Famer Gil Brandt address this-

Luck made real effort, then realized 2 weeks ago it wasn't going to work. He wasn't setting fans up to get duped and riled up. Not with intent, anyway.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I honestly think Manning winning it all in Denver was more personally painful.

i was pretty hyped when he won there, not upset at all

he wasnt going to win another here, hell we had a good QB of our own 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Schefter was just doing his job. Break a story. He's one of the best at it.  The shame is it got leaked out early from someone 'in the know' in the very small circle that knew and ruined Luck's Press conference for Sunday.  I don't blame Adam, I blame the 'leaker'.  We never know these leakers, so they likely have ulterior motives, IMO.

Luck made real effort, then realized 2 weeks ago it wasn't going to work. He wasn't setting fans up to get duped and riled up.

Even if that's true, the way Luck is so private and won't allow the FO to release details on his injuries really hurts everyone's credibility. Both his and the Colts. There was no way to know what to believe, and Schefter's tweet sent things over the top.

At this point, I blame Luck for everything more than the FO, he was the who wasn't allowing details to be released, and he was getting injured outside of football as well with multiple snowboarding incidents. He lost the fans' trust, and it culminated into a crapshow in the end.

It is what it is though, and we have to move on.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Luck made real effort, then realized 2 weeks ago it wasn't going to work. He wasn't setting fans up to get duped and riled up. Not with intent, anyway.

My guess is that it was Schefter himself who leaked it.   He got allot of publicity for it.