Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Riding the Brissett Train

Scott Pennock

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Briskett has the deep ball arm.......

But the intermediate touch passes, were part of his problem in 2017

Hopefully he has picked that part up

We have the speed at WR and APB to take full advantage of that deep ball this year..... 

• Like 1

I think Brissett's gonna be serviceable and hopefully get better throughout the season. At times I think he'll look great and other times, not so great. He still has to get better at pre-snap reads and accuracy, but hopefully he'll get better in those areas as he gets more comfortable and gains chemistry with the receivers and, for pass pro purposes, Ryan Kelly.

If I had to guess...I'd say TD's in the mid 20s, around 10 INT's, with 3500 yards or so.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not buying the JB hype like everyone else. you're gonna tell me he has went from not worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick this offseason to all the sudden being the savior and future of our franchise?? yeah no not buying it.

We will get a great indicator of how good he is on opening day because the Chargers are no joke.

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will get a great indicator of how good he is on opening day because the Chargers are no joke.

yeah not like we have any other options lol oh well I guess if we suck we might have a shot at a great young LT prospect and if we dont that's great too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not buying the JB hype like everyone else. you're gonna tell me he has went from not worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick this offseason to all the sudden being the savior and future of our franchise?? yeah no not buying it.

I don’t think anyone is hyping him. There are reasons to be optimistic. He is walking into a great situation.  We have a very good defense and a ton of weapons. I was listening to the athletic podcast today with Holder and keefer. They said this might be a smoother transition then fans think. 

I dont see the total doom and gloom. No, JB is not Luck and never will be. He is still a good quarter back. We were in most games in 2017 with him as the QB. If I remember right, it was agreed upon on here that none of the losses were directly his fault. I'm excited to see him play. Dude has a cannon and he was able to pass the ball into some tight windows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think anyone is hyping him. There are reasons to be optimistic. He is walking into a great situation.  We have a very good defense and a ton of weapons. I was listening to the athletic podcast today with Holder and keefer. They said this might be a smoother transition then fans think. 

JB is still slow with his release and 9 times out of 10 had no idea hes about to be sacked. his awareness is terrible the weapons wont help him there. the D I hope is as good as everyone here thinks but we have no proof of that yet so I cant say they are gonna be a top D this year til I see regular season play.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tbf, I'd consider the numbers thrown around in this thread (and the updated prediction thread), numbers like 30-35 TD's and 4000 yds, to be pretty gaudy predictions for Brissett. In general it seems like people in this thread have pretty high expectations for JB.

• Like 2

I am not inside that locker room (obviously none of us are) so it is tough to tell what the spirits of the team are really like. Are guys like Houston, Leonard, Nelson, TY, Funch, and Ebron blowing things off like Luck retiring is no big deal or are they mentally heart broken. If the team can get by this then we have a chance to be competitive and win 8 - 10 games, if not than this is going to be a long season. Opening day now will show me a lot.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

JB is still slow with his release and 9 times out of 10 had no idea hes about to be sacked. his awareness is terrible the weapons wont help him there. the D I hope is as good as everyone here thinks but we have no proof of that yet so I cant say they are gonna be a top D this year til I see regular season play.

We have no idea how he will play with a great team around him. We have never seen it. Of course there is a possibility it doesn’t work out but the team around him gives him the best chance. If he can’t succeed with this team then he probably isn’t a starting QB. We will find out. There might be a few growing pains the first game or so but o think they will figure it out.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Tbf, I'd consider calling for 30-35 TD's and 4000 yds to be pretty gaudy predictions for Brissett at this point.

And I will stick with that prediction... He threw for ~3100 with a defunct offensive scheme, OL, and weapons... If he can't succeed with this scheme and talent on offense then I will gladly admit to being wrong about him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not inside that locker room (obviously none of us are) so it is tough to tell what the spirits of the team are really like. Are guys like Houston, Leonard, Nelson, TY, Funch, and Ebron blowing things off like Luck retiring is no big deal or are they mentally heart broken. If the team can get by this then we have a chance to be competitive and win 8 - 10 games, if not than this is going to be a long season. Opening day now will show me a lot.

I will say this. Today it seems they are excited to play with JB. Ebron has called JB his son. He is often seen playing with EE kid. The players will play hard for JB and that is half the battle. There might be some growing pains to start but I bet they will be sharp by the end of the season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They could also feel some relief because the talk was always about "they will only go as far as Luck takes them". Now, it is about all of them....which is what they have all been working their butt off for...the "team". 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Tbf, I'd consider the numbers thrown around in this thread (and the updated prediction thread), numbers like 30-35 TD's and 4000 yds, to be pretty gaudy predictions for Brissett. In general it seems like people in this thread have pretty high expectations for JB.

Am I right in thinking that he doesn't even have 4000 yards or 15 touchdowns in his whole career? 

6 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

And I will stick with that prediction... He threw for ~3100 with a defunct offensive scheme, OL, and weapons... If he can't succeed with this scheme and talent on offense then I will gladly admit to being wrong about him. 

And that's fine. It's certainly not an insane projection...in today's league it's not too hard for a good QB to reach 30-35 TDs/4000 yards. But I just don't quite see it yet for Brissett, not this year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

that's my point before if you said he could be a starter for another team you would get trashed. now that hes our starter the same people are acting like hes gonna win the division and take us to the payoffs.

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

that's my point before if you said he could be a starter for another team you would get trashed. now that hes our starter the same people are acting like hes gonna win the division and take us to the payoffs.

I don't know if he can win the division or not, but I certainly am hopeful that he does!  I think he has more potential than anyone not named Manning or Luck that we've had in the past 21 years.

7 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

There was an alarming stat published yesterday or today that between 2012 and 2017 Colts Quarterbacks were pressured/hurried/sacked a WHOPPING 40% of all drop backs.....Brissett himself was sackef 52 times in 2017. 52 times......

In 2017 Brissett led an offense that most of us called a PeeWee League offense for dummies. Run right. Run left. 3rd ond 7 go for a pass. Like clockwork.

Fast forward to now. One of the best offensive lines in the league is in front of him. He has weapons all around him in Mack, Hines, T.Y., Ebron, Doyle, Funchess, Campbell and now Cain. 

We have an up and coming defense that plays hard through the whistle and creates turnovers.

Brissett put up 3,098 (in 15 games basically) yards, 13 TD's against only 7 INT's, and a 58.8 completion percentage in an inept offensive scheme.

I envision a 30 TD season with 4000 yards out of him and we hold our own to the tune of 9-7 or 10-6 still.

Call me crazy or overly optimistic but if he could perform like that with zero knowledge upon arrival in a crappy system he can perform well in a good system with good coaches and talent around him!

I said 35 yes, but that may be on the high side, but def more than 13

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Was yesterday your first posting since 2015?

No, aren't you allowed an opinion on here? Just because you're a senior member doesn't me your $hit doesn't stink or your opinion is so high and mighty. I've been a Colts fan for 57 years and I'll say what I want to say thank you!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ebron is probably thinking "damn I'm back in detroit again!"

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not even going to try to talk you off the ledge this time.  You have your right to be skeptical on where things are headed.  

I blame this on Reggie Wayne and Pat Mcaffee!  We were just fine until they got up there bragging about how many times the Colts beat the Titans.  Now we are jinxed and our QB has gone away.   I just kidding     I just kiddding!

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I will be rooting for him and I think the team is stronger than it was in 2017. But having watched the entire 2017 season (like most here)...Brissett has some flaws as a QB...that make his fit in this offense a dubious proposition. 

It's great to hear he has been working with House. I will be most interested in seeing if he has improved/developed touch on his passes and a quicker delivery. That will be crucial.

I'm rooting for both Brissett and Kelly. Both can be wildly successful, but both have very real challenges to overcome. Don't think either of them wear capes or have an S on their chest, however, and there's Kryptonite in everyone's story.