Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay leaves door open for Luck return

ColtsSouljah

I imagine this has probably been discussed, but I haven't seen it in all the pages I've read.

Irsay seems to have left the door open for Luck to come back in two ways:

1. He didn't make Luck give the singing bonus money back.

2. He basically SAID that Luck could come back.

I sure didn't realize the implication of 1. at the time and I didn't hear 2. from the press conference.

Here's a a couple of articles about this:
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/25/colts-owner-jim-irsay-keeps-door-cracked-andrew-luck-comeback/2114322001/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/colts-leave-door-open-to-lucks-return-with-stunning-parting-gift-of-dollar248m/ar-AAGjiK1

Just now, ColtsSouljah said:

I imagine this has probably been discussed, but I haven't seen it in all the pages I've read.

Irsay seems to have left the door open for Luck to come back in two ways:

1. He didn't make Luck give the singing bonus money back.

2. He basically SAID that Luck could come back.

I sure didn't realize the implication of 1. at the time and I didn't hear 2. from the press conference.

Here's a a couple of articles about this:
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/25/colts-owner-jim-irsay-keeps-door-cracked-andrew-luck-comeback/2114322001/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/colts-leave-door-open-to-lucks-return-with-stunning-parting-gift-of-dollar248m/ar-AAGjiK1

It’s been mentioned several times in the mega merge thread

Who knows what will happen, but this isn't the end of the story, not by a long shot.  It's going to be a rumor a week - Luck's returning in October... in November.  Jerry Jones is sending three #1s for Luck.

Wait until the first QB on a contending team goes down.  

40 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Was it just me or did Chris Ballard look especially annoyed when Irsay was talking about a possible Luck return.  

I noticed that very same thing and mentioned it to my friend today.

Ballard's reaction was priceless.  He raised his eyebrows in disbelief.  A much-needed laugh on a very emotional evening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually Luck could come back the way Irsay left things open lmao , It sounds funny but true.

I was just talking about that today with a buddy lol.  Nothing would shock me at all after yesterday......  I wouldn’t be shocked if he came back but if he did it would probably be next year and I’m sure Luck would notify Irsay and Ballard as soon as it popped back in his mind if it did.  I don’t see the Colts waiting around though, if JB doesn’t tear it up then they need to find a top young prospect ASAP.  Fortunately we know Ballard is a heck of a talent evaluator.

Now I just don’t know how the heck the Colts are going to do, the season just needs to start already.  My expectations lowered drastically though as to not seriously be disappointed :( BUT on the flip side I’ll be ecstatic if they do well and JB looks like a top 12-15 QB.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I was just talking about that today with a buddy lol.  Nothing would shock me at all after yesterday......  I wouldn’t be shocked if he came back but if he did it would probably be next year and I’m sure Luck would notify Irsay and Ballard as soon as it popped back in his mind if it did.  I don’t see the Colts waiting around though, if JB doesn’t tear it up then they need to find a top young prospect ASAP.  Fortunately we know Ballard is a heck of a talent evaluator.

Now I just don’t know how the heck the Colts are going to do, the season just needs to start already.  My expectations lowered drastically though as to not seriously be disappointed :( BUT on the flip side I’ll be ecstatic if they do well and JB looks like a top 12-15 QB.  

Brissett  wins mvp lol

What if the  Colts make it to the playoffs or better in the next couple years? Some folks should acknowledge Brissett is no slouch. 6'4" 230 lbs. with speed and very strong arm. Give him the chance with a good team and we just might see what we hope to see.

I would love for him to return but I think he's done.  His reasons are very good and permanent and he's doing it at a time in his life when people start thinking more about the future.  (Around the birth of your first child.)

He's got a bunch of other stuff that keeps him busy too.  A lot of players just have football.  Luck has more than that.  

I mean when someone retires at this age in their prime people are always going to leave the door open for a comeback.  But I think when you listen to the reason's Luck gave you realize that those things are just not going to go away.  Football is still football and you are still likely to get hurt a lot doing it.