Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 3 Recap? Snap Counts? Injuries?

Scott Pennock

Andrew retired, I get it.......but the show does go on.

Has anyone seen any analysis of how our rookies and other depth players faired?

Has anyone seen anything on snap counts?

Has anyone heard of any injuries?

From what I recall Turay, Banogu, Muhammad, Ward, and Stewart lived in the Bears backfield.

Speed seemed to be everywhere again at the linebacker spot.

Beyond that I only remember Shak Taylor and Wilson knocking down passes in the secondary - even that final touchdown Taylor had a hand on the ball.

The offense under Kelly was watchable and Cain and Pascal cemented their roster spots, in my opinion.

One bit of curiosity, it seemed as though Hentges played more than Ross, which leads me to believe that the two blockers are Doyle/Alie-Cox and the pass catchers will be Ebron/Ross. Hentges to the PS more than likely.

Last note.....every team we've played from the Bills to the Browns to the Bears all brought blitz packages to sack our QB's while we have not. We've put a ton of pressure and got our sacks from our front four alone. That's without Sheard and only a few snaps from Houston. It appears that Ballard may have his two deep afterall.....

Anyone have anything else to add that they saw?

• Like 3

Le’Raven Clark should be given his walking papers now. I’m 6ft, 165 lbs and I would be a better LT than him at this point. 

West deserves a shot to split time with Hines behind Mack.

Mo Allie Cox is a passing threat, more so than Ross imo. 

Turray was disappointing in Preseason game 1, but he has been winning his 1on1s lately... granted against backups, but it’s promising. He will get some of those chances with more focus on Houston/Autry.

Wilson played Ok, nothing amazing, but not bad. 

Defense looked good as a whole, despite the score line, that bears offence was stifled.

• Like 1

Chad Kelly has something. He made a pass to Cain that was on a rope! I was in awe of that arm! I have a feeling this kid is something special.

Cain is gonna be a household name this year!

Kelly to Cain WILL be the call for the Colts in the next 3 years. I'm excited for our future no matter what the last 24 hours brought us.

Go Colts!:colts:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Le’Raven Clark should be given his walking papers now. I’m 6ft, 165 lbs and I would be a better LT than him at this point. 

West deserves a shot to split time with Hines behind Mack.

Mo Allie Cox is a passing threat, more so than Ross imo. 

Turray was disappointing in Preseason game 1, but he has been winning his 1on1s lately... granted against backups, but it’s promising. He will get some of those chances with more focus on Houston/Autry.

Wilson played Ok, nothing amazing, but not bad. 

Defense looked good as a whole, despite the score line, that bears offence was stifled.

The problem is they have no one better than Clark.  If AC gets hurt they have no backup left tackle unless haeg can swing over there and play.  

Yea, this team only has 3 tackles now, Costanzo, Smith, and Haeg. Clark and Webb can't cut it. Barton is better than Clark. I saw Barton playing some rg when Webb was at rt in the 4th qtr. I was really impressed with Speed in this game, he was every where and didn't look hesitant. Kelly and Cain looked good. I am going to say now Hentges makes the team over Travis. Our linebackers are going to be very very good, borderline exceptional. If Hooker is fully healthy this year and he appears to be, this defense is going to shine.

2 hours ago, Introspect said:

Chad Kelly has something. He made a pass to Cain that was on a rope! I was in awe of that arm! I have a feeling this kid is something special.

Cain is gonna be a household name this year!

Kelly to Cain WILL be the call for the Colts in the next 3 years. I'm excited for our future no matter what the last 24 hours brought us.

Go Colts!:colts:

I see something in him too.

He looks like a starter.  Comfortable and confident.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The problem is they have no one better than Clark.  If AC gets hurt they have no backup left tackle unless haeg can swing over there and play.  

Ballard will be watching the wirecat cut-time.

Bet on it.  If we see it, he does too.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure he will but the problem is teams don’t let go of many quality left tackles at cut down time.

I know but some teams will have tough decisions at OL like we do at CB , WR, etc.  A promising UDFA that there just isnt room for, or a surprise vet let go because the team wants to get younger. It happens every year.  They dont have to start, just upgrade what we have (at the very least).

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I know but some teams will have tough decisions at OL like we do at CB , WR, etc.  A promising UDFA that there just isnt room for, or a surprise vet let go because the team wants to get younger. It happens every year.  They dont have to start, just upgrade what we have (at the very least).

Yeah I am sure they can find an upgrade but I think that will be a band aid and not a real solution is all.

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I am sure they can find an upgrade but I think that will be a band aid and not a real solution is all.

I’m not asking for a starting caliber LT at backup, just a serviceable guy who can get you through a few weeks with a passable performance and not get u starting QB murdered from his blind spot.

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

While Clark is no world beater he is not a turnstile either. Look how we have abused other 2nd and 3rd string lines with no exotic blitz packages.

He started for Castonzo last year and we still finished the year only giving up 18 sacks.

Chew on that for a bit.