Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Garoppolo

Hi-Tek

Finally looked like he knocked off the rust yesterday. I would've loved it if the Colts had went after him a couple of years ago when it was evident that the Pats were going to let him rot on the bench. I think as long as he can stay healthy, he's going to have a really good season this year.

1 hour ago, Hi-Tek said:

Finally looked like he knocked off the rust yesterday. I would've loved it if the Colts had went after him a couple of years ago when it was evident that the Pats were going to let him rot on the bench. I think as long as he can stay healthy, he's going to have a really good season this year.

He would have never signed with Indy to sit behind Luck. Nor would it have made sense for the Colts to pursue him when they had a 26-27 year old Andrew Luck. Irsay would have needed a crystal ball to do that one.

21 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Pats would never have traded him to the Colts.. mind you I bet he has a short career too.

The Patriots traded Brissett to the Colts so I'm not sure that's true. However, I actually suspect Brissett may grade out as the better quarterback in the end.  Jimmy G is much flashier, but that has become a trap for him in a way, as he has a very bad habit of not giving up on plays when he should.

Both of the two times Jimmy G has gotten hurt, the shoulder in 2016 and the knee last year, it was because he was refusing to give up on a busted play, tried a hero move, and got burned by it.  It's an admirable quality not to give up on plays easily, but not if your body can't handle the consequences.  

If he can learn to ground the ball when a play goes sour, he's going to be a superstar.  If he keeps trying to play 1v11 when things start to go wrong, he's going to be out of the league within the next 3 years.

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

The Patriots traded Brissett to the Colts so I'm not sure that's true. However, I actually suspect Brissett may grade out as the better quarterback in the end.  Jimmy G is much flashier, but that has become a trap for him in a way, as he has a very bad habit of not giving up on plays when he should.

Both of the two times Jimmy G has gotten hurt, the shoulder in 2016 and the knee last year, it was because he was refusing to give up on a busted play, tried a hero move, and got burned by it.  It's an admirable quality not to give up on plays easily, but not if your body can't handle the consequences.  

If he can learn to ground the ball when a play goes sour, he's going to be a superstar.  If he keeps trying to play 1v11 when things start to go wrong, he's going to be out of the league within the next 3 years.

he has a very bad habit of not giving up on plays when he should...... sounds so much like the QB that just retired... :(