Will Andrew Luck ever play again  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Will Andrew luck ever play again

• No, never
    • Yes, for the colts
    • Yes, for some other team

8 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

Will Andrew luck ever play again and if yes will it be for the colts

I would put the chances of that at , 1 in 1000, at the best. 

And uf if he does come back, whether it’s for the Colts or not ultimately is gonna depend on how the Colts are at QB at that time, should it happen. They hold his rights , he can’t simply unretire and sign with a different team

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Yes.  I think he comes back in 2 years and plays for someone like the Chargers. 

West coast guy.

He’d have to get traded first. 

I wouldn’t rule it out but unless it’s later this year or he makes it known he wants to play again before the off-season starts the Colts are going to make some kind of long term move at the QB spot this off-season, rather it be extending Brissett or someone else, so I doubt it would be for the Colts unless the replacement is a bust.

18 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Yes.  I think he comes back in 2 years and plays for someone like the Chargers. 

West coast guy.

Not sure I'd call him a WC guy. He was born in DC, lived in Germany, the UK, Texas, Cali, and Indy. 

Man of the world guy IMO.

But yes, I could see him easily on the WC even though he said he's staying in Indy. 

My bet is he chills out with wife and new baby for a year, goes stir crazy, and then either 1) works with dad in the XFL, 2) goes into broadcasting, or 3) comes back. I'd probably bet on #1.

I think if he does come back he will play for the Colts.  Irsay is letting him keep all of that money. I can see Luck being very appreciative and loyal to the Colts and would want to stay with the team.  That said I would be surprised if he does.  He never struck me as a player who was interested in having a long career.  Even if he stayed healthy I felt he was going to go out early. He's not your typical NFL player.   Football was never his whole life.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Not sure I'd call him a WC guy. He was born in DC, lived in Germany, the UK, Texas, Cali, and Indy. 

But yes, I could see him easily on the WC even though he said he's staying in Indy. 

My bet is he chills out with wife and new baby for a year, goes stir crazy, and then either 1) works with dad in the XFL, 2) goes into broadcasting, or 3) comes back. I'd probably bet on #1.

I don’t think Andrew has skills required for broadcasting.  He’s not a very polished speaker.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

It’s all part of the conspiracy! He’s leaving the nfl to go play in the xfl to make ratings higher!

Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games

Just now, HectorRoberts said:

It’s all part of the conspiracy! He’s leaving the nfl to go play in the xfl to make ratings higher!

Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games

I know you are joking but I heard someone say he can’t because the Colts own his rights for the next three years and that would even prevent him from going to another league.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I know you are joking but I heard someone say he can’t because the Colts own his rights for the next three years and that would even prevent him from going to another league.

They do. They are letting him keep his signing bonus and other $. Had they gone after that money, he would have been free and clear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I doubt it.

I think he'll find his joy when his kid is born.

I agree. I had a bad feeling in my gut when I heard he got married, then even more when I heard his wife was pregnant. Something was telling me we had lost him then. Luck enjoyed playing football but he just never appeared to have that hunger for it. I honestly don’t see him coming back at all. I think the sadness he has expressed now is because he knows people feel let down, not because he is so obsessed with football that he can’t bear the pain of walking away from it.

• Like 1

Listening to Luck and Irsay, I think it's possible Luck returns. 

My hope:  Luck = Andy Murray.  Multiple Wimbledon champion, Murray, was also dealing with physical issues, hip issues.  Similarly, he was mentally exhausted and made a hasty, emotional decision to announce his retirement at this year's Australian Open.  They had a video ceremony.  Nadal and Federer gave speeches.  A month later, he admitted he made an emotional decision and decided to get surgery and rehab instead.  Now he's attempting to return.  No one cared he changed his mind, and Murray had a fairly elaborate ceremony.  Basically, all Luck did was read a few notes off the back of a grocery receipt and walk off.  Luck can still play, obviously, and if he decides in 6-8 weeks to return, no one will care.

I mean, in all honesty in this situation it’s up to us to shut this door. If we have a top 10 pick in one of the next two years, or both, are we going to pass on the QBs available on the chance that he might come back? Or what if we draft a QB or sign Brissett for the immediate future and he decides to come back? Are we going to shove them back on the bench to accommodate Luck? Or are we going to pay Luck to back them up? His trade value won’t be worth much, so we’re not going to get any real value out of him. 

Or more than that, what if he comes back and get hurt again? Are we going to go through this again?

Even after he’s retired whatever his status may be is an issue for us. 

I think he is done but if not I want to trade him. I wanted to trade away his pick for a Kings ransom and keep Peyton. I then wanted to trade him when there were rumors of big offers before coming back last year. Third time's the charm. The scary thing is that if he does return he may be one injury away from retiring again and will kill his value in a trade I am sure. But who knows, teams get desperate for a star QB.

. But I'd say he rides off into the sunset, raises his family and travels the world. 

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

After watching his press conference I think he has completely moved on from football, honestly. He said the only way to live the life he wants to live is to remove football from his life. Maybe he will have a change of heart one day, but I think he doesn’t love the game like he used to

Man, watching that conference I just wanted to sit in a dark room in tears for a week or two...Sure, drastic reaction, yes. But Luck to me represented the kindest gentleman and leader for this organization. He is the guy everyone loves to root for imo. This really is having an effect on me right now. It shouldn't, but it is. I mean, it is just football after all. Sometimes you take for granted that your favorite player is always going to be out there. He might have setbacks and injuries, but somehow he's always going to be back out there. Never ever saw this coming...