Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

IM MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE IF MR KELLY CAN STAY OUT OF TROUBLE HE WILL BE A GOOD ONE MY THOUGHT OF GOING FORWARD BRISSETT WILL NOT GET THE BIG MONEY FROM THE COLTS  COLTS WILL DRAT ONE IN THE FIRST ROUND NEXT YEAR DRAFT KELLY WILL BE THE BACK UP  I REALLY LIKE WHAT I SEE IN KELLY .HEALTH AND HAPPINESS TO ANDREW LUCK

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

Why are you yelling?

 

Because that’s what his screen name indicates. Bro, he’s mad!!! :default_20smile:

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked great the first half last night, went back and watched some of his preseason stuff with the Broncos, not gonna lie, getting pretty excited about the kid! Again, if Brissett is faltering after that second game, put him in coach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Kelly will be QB just something about the kid. He can be a leader and with Reich n Ballard skies the limit. They will get last laugh after being criticized for Kelly in ! Go Colts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Ballard's gamble on Kelly was more calculated than we all think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as Mr. Chad Kelly I like what I see ……………..So far .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

raw

 

but I do like Kelly

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, kelly seems to have a higher ceiling than brissett. He makes some very good throws and handles the ball really well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere else that he reminds them of Jim Harbough. I think they were right. He looks to be very capable. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next Warner? wouldn't that be a turn of events. The Colts are due for something good to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To date, I prefer Kelly.  

 

Unfortunately, if he gets a chance, the season will probably already be spiraling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

I read somewhere else that he reminds them of Jim Harbough. I think they were right. He looks to be very capable. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next Warner? wouldn't that be a turn of events. The Colts are due for something good to happen.

Warner had unmatched character and Kelly seems to have very little despite any kind of physical talent. Sure people can change, but bad incidents keep happening over and over. I want somebody at QB that I can root for. He's 25 years old. At what point does he get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Warner had unmatched character and Kelly seems to have very little despite any kind of physical talent. Sure people can change, but bad incidents keep happening over and over. I want somebody at QB that I can root for. He's 25 years old. At what point does he get it?

Chad has been a model citizen so far...says Reich.

And he has serious football ability with a gun of an arm.

I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt from here on in.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, presto123 said:

. He's 25 years old. At what point does he get it?

 

Dunno, but I sure as heck wasn't a model citizen from 

25 on.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

 

Dunno, but I sure as heck wasn't a model citizen from 

25 on.... 

You also were not QB for an NFL team representing a whole State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please trade in your keyboard for one with .'s and ,'s

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First one on the field, last one off. Harbaugh, McMahon comparisons, Uncle Jim tough too. I love the guy! I’m so excited to be a Colt’s fan, this is just the beginning of an amazing run. We deserve it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Honestly, kelly seems to have a higher ceiling than brissett. He makes some very good throws and handles the ball really well. 

Kelly's pass to Cain was on a damn rope... Then Cain took it to the house! Watch that play again.. Kelly has something special. 

Things happen for reasons....

Trent Green goes down.... Kurt Warner steps up!

Drew Bledsoe goes down... Tom Brady steps up!

Tony Romo goes down... Dak Prescott steps up!

Andrew Luck goes down..???????????

 

World keeps turning

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

I read somewhere else that he reminds them of Jim Harbough. I think they were right. He looks to be very capable. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next Warner? wouldn't that be a turn of events. The Colts are due for something good to happen.

Please Jim never had an arm like that, couldn't run like that, Jim won on savvy, competition and leadership.  I don't see any similarities at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not a scrub at all. Not even close to it. Ever since we picked him up I’ve been looking at his film and stats from college. I’m unsure about his head, but I’m totally sure about his immense talent.

 

In two games against Alabama, he put up 762 yards, 7 TDs and 0 INT’s, with a mediocre (at best) supporting cast at Ole Miss and they scored 88 freaking points in those two games. 

 

The only other QB to ever throw for that many yards against Nick Saban? Drew Brees at Purdue.

 

In 2015, he had the third most total yards in a single season in SEC history.

 

 

say he need start next preseason game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the concern stems from the "character" side of Kelly based on previous places he has been.

 

I do want to clarify a point that Ballard made when he took over, which many miss-quote.  Many say that Ballard will ONLY take high character guys when building his roster, but Ballard was actually quite clear in saying he wants a roster of high character guys so that they can take in guys with troubled pasts and absorb that and hopefully change the player to fit with the Colts mentality.

 

I would say we are now in a position with so many great young leaders that we can now do such a thing.

 

I am equally going to admit that I have not seen enough of Chad Kelly to know what type of player he is, but I thought it was worth clarifying that previous character flaws may not be the sticking point that they used to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesnt take long to see the talent and the guts he has.  I believe it wouldn't take long for him to develop into a pretty nice QB.  Ballard I do believe is of the same mindset which is why they took the risk despite some of the bad character issues.   I do see the upside after watching a game or two of him playing.  And what I like best is he always seems to find the endzone more than once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fire cartier said:

He’s not a scrub at all. Not even close to it. Ever since we picked him up I’ve been looking at his film and stats from college. I’m unsure about his head, but I’m totally sure about his immense talent.

 

In two games against Alabama, he put up 762 yards, 7 TDs and 0 INT’s, with a mediocre (at best) supporting cast at Ole Miss and they scored 88 freaking points in those two games. 

 

The only other QB to ever throw for that many yards against Nick Saban? Drew Brees at Purdue.

 

In 2015, he had the third most total yards in a single season in SEC history.

 

 

say he need start next preseason game

Pretty sure we have a chad Kelly thread....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was skeptical of him at first but he's growing on me. Few times I've seen him play and I was actually impressed.  I like Brissett but this kid can play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...