Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CHAD KELLY

mad dog curtis

IM MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE IF MR KELLY CAN STAY OUT OF TROUBLE HE WILL BE A GOOD ONE MY THOUGHT OF GOING FORWARD BRISSETT WILL NOT GET THE BIG MONEY FROM THE COLTS  COLTS WILL DRAT ONE IN THE FIRST ROUND NEXT YEAR DRAFT KELLY WILL BE THE BACK UP  I REALLY LIKE WHAT I SEE IN KELLY .HEALTH AND HAPPINESS TO ANDREW LUCK

• Like 2

He looked great the first half last night, went back and watched some of his preseason stuff with the Broncos, not gonna lie, getting pretty excited about the kid! Again, if Brissett is faltering after that second game, put him in coach!

31 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

I read somewhere else that he reminds them of Jim Harbough. I think they were right. He looks to be very capable. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next Warner? wouldn't that be a turn of events. The Colts are due for something good to happen.

Warner had unmatched character and Kelly seems to have very little despite any kind of physical talent. Sure people can change, but bad incidents keep happening over and over. I want somebody at QB that I can root for. He's 25 years old. At what point does he get it?

5 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Warner had unmatched character and Kelly seems to have very little despite any kind of physical talent. Sure people can change, but bad incidents keep happening over and over. I want somebody at QB that I can root for. He's 25 years old. At what point does he get it?

Chad has been a model citizen so far...says Reich.

And he has serious football ability with a gun of an arm.

I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt from here on in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Honestly, kelly seems to have a higher ceiling than brissett. He makes some very good throws and handles the ball really well. 

Kelly's pass to Cain was on a damn rope... Then Cain took it to the house! Watch that play again.. Kelly has something special. 

Things happen for reasons....

Trent Green goes down.... Kurt Warner steps up!

Drew Bledsoe goes down... Tom Brady steps up!

Tony Romo goes down... Dak Prescott steps up!

Andrew Luck goes down..???????????

World keeps turning

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

I read somewhere else that he reminds them of Jim Harbough. I think they were right. He looks to be very capable. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next Warner? wouldn't that be a turn of events. The Colts are due for something good to happen.

Please Jim never had an arm like that, couldn't run like that, Jim won on savvy, competition and leadership.  I don't see any similarities at all.

• Like 1

He’s not a scrub at all. Not even close to it. Ever since we picked him up I’ve been looking at his film and stats from college. I’m unsure about his head, but I’m totally sure about his immense talent.

In two games against Alabama, he put up 762 yards, 7 TDs and 0 INT’s, with a mediocre (at best) supporting cast at Ole Miss and they scored 88 freaking points in those two games. 

The only other QB to ever throw for that many yards against Nick Saban? Drew Brees at Purdue.

In 2015, he had the third most total yards in a single season in SEC history.

say he need start next preseason game

I think the concern stems from the "character" side of Kelly based on previous places he has been.

I do want to clarify a point that Ballard made when he took over, which many miss-quote.  Many say that Ballard will ONLY take high character guys when building his roster, but Ballard was actually quite clear in saying he wants a roster of high character guys so that they can take in guys with troubled pasts and absorb that and hopefully change the player to fit with the Colts mentality.

I would say we are now in a position with so many great young leaders that we can now do such a thing.

I am equally going to admit that I have not seen enough of Chad Kelly to know what type of player he is, but I thought it was worth clarifying that previous character flaws may not be the sticking point that they used to be.

• Like 1

It doesnt take long to see the talent and the guts he has.  I believe it wouldn't take long for him to develop into a pretty nice QB.  Ballard I do believe is of the same mindset which is why they took the risk despite some of the bad character issues.   I do see the upside after watching a game or two of him playing.  And what I like best is he always seems to find the endzone more than once.

1 hour ago, fire cartier said:

He’s not a scrub at all. Not even close to it. Ever since we picked him up I’ve been looking at his film and stats from college. I’m unsure about his head, but I’m totally sure about his immense talent.

In two games against Alabama, he put up 762 yards, 7 TDs and 0 INT’s, with a mediocre (at best) supporting cast at Ole Miss and they scored 88 freaking points in those two games. 

The only other QB to ever throw for that many yards against Nick Saban? Drew Brees at Purdue.

In 2015, he had the third most total yards in a single season in SEC history.

say he need start next preseason game

Pretty sure we have a chad Kelly thread....

• Thanks 1