Indianapolis Colts
boo2202

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Lmao the irony. Quit idolizing these athletes. They aren't any better than any of us. A quitter is a quitter. 

:funny:

Sports is and have been an outlet for me to get from everyday life 

24 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I get it.. this is how all sports will be. My generation wants to travel and not be tied down... oh my goodness. I feel for Lions fans now.. but when did a QB ever do this?

Palmer did it...well I think he was sick of Cincy management but he had to be traded a year later and came out of retirement. I would think he may still come back in a year...but I may think wrong. Kid went back to college for his senior year when he was a consensus #1 pick ...clearly the NFL wasn’t his life goal.

3 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

I love the Colts, but I rather Andrew retire and find happiness than live that nightmare of trying to bounce back from another injury or mental setbacks. I don't think this came completely out of nowhere (well... it did).

Based off his interviews when he was recovering from that shoulder procedure he did a ton of introspection. The type not a lot of players do in that situation because some of them refuse to see an outcome where they aren't back out there. I think he poured so much into getting back out there that it took a toll on him. He came back looking like his usual self but I do not think he ever got back there mentally. The fire died out and if his body is having him question himself then perhaps this is the best move for him. It's absolutely heartbreaking and I can understand fans being hurt by this. I just think its insane to make him seem like the bad guy in this.

Luck is a good guy.

Yeah...a real good guy.  He was...

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Freaking coward. He quit. Mentally. Good riddance. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Irsay should offer refunds for STH.  

That's only fair.  

Crazy timing. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

BEEN saying this for half-a-century !...………I miss # 19 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got that right!!!!!

Hearing him talk........Its okay.......he's just tired

Obviously hes thought about this for awhile

I had no idea..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

He didn't announce this in the middle of the game.

The news leaked in the middle of the game.    Big difference.

He told Irsay BEFORE the game.

He had to know that it would get leaked.  He's smarter than that. 

Just now, LucasOilStadium said:

Luck is on the podium sharing his thoughts on his presser, live.

Its real..I'm really sad.....

He's just sick and tired of being sick and tired...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Reich gave him a deadline and I guess he couldn't make it so he quit. 

You should probably NOT post when you're clearly under the influence........

Just a suggestion.....

• Haha 1

Feels like I've been punched in the gut. Feels like election night 2016. Colts put their hopes and finances into what they thought was a guy with ultimate character and got burned. After waiting forever for Irsay to finally make the right decision to can Pagano and Grigson and now we get this? My excitement for the Colts is gone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Here we go. The coward better have a good excuse for waiting till today

angry season 15 GIF by The Bachelorette

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly..why now.......

....If this is real..he stuck it to the franchise..

...but I just have doubts that this is real

Its real. I'm watching him on the podium now via Periscope thanking everyone and saying good byes.  He's out.

Trading down and drafting Nelson instead of staying put and taking a top QB prospect was a huge mistake.  Brissett is good enough to get us 6-8 wins, just enough to insure we won’t have a shot at a top tier QB prospect for years.

This is why I have so much respect for Brady....the guy not only loves the game but he is a fierce competitor and I am certain he would never do this to his teammates, his owner, or his team!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Just now, HOZER said:

This can’t be real.

Its really hard to believe....but hes on TV right now saying it..

..and its clear he's thought about this for some time.

• Sad 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Its real..I'm really sad.....

He's just sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Then he should not have led his team and fans along all off season. He’s a coward, plain and simple

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Bro, look at how fragile the fans are. They cant even take their favorite player retiring. They come unglued. Now imagine those weak minded *s had to actually play a game that is horrific for your health, and have the weight of an entire city on their shoulders and imagine how quickly they would fold.

He cant "not owe you anything" and shaft you.

That's impossible.

He is leaving a lot of money on the table. I'm sure he has his reasons. And to expect someone to go thru an NFL season and risk his long term health for a bunch of spoiled babies who look for any reason to tear someone down? No thanks.

Personally Im about over pro sports altogether. The fans are ridiculous and think their % dont stink.

This is hilarious.

Just an FYI no matter how right you are about crap fans doesn't change the fact these athletes are compensated and know what they are getting into with fans. Let's not act like they are these innocent people who should be sheltered. They know the price of Fame and the backlash when you do something shady in the public eye. Like quitting on your team after all the training camp is done.

• Like 1

I just have to say that this is a jerk move beings weeks from Opening Day and leaving The Team without their #1 QB. Why not play this season and call it A Retiring Tour and you Retire NEXT YEAR Andrew? How could you do this to your Team-mates? I understand you are reveling in being home with the Family but have some decency to play out the year! I don't buy the "Mental Anquish" thing either, I believe you want to spend more time with your Family. How can Football burned you out when you just came back for 1 YEAR after an EXTENDED Layoff? It makes Zero Sense and if this is true, you are a Horrible Team-mate. That's the Facts

• Like 3

This is hard to take in if this is going to happened. But life is tough, as a Colts fan, I think we should show some respect to him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Makes him a coward to do what is best for him and his family, knowing there will be people like u talking bad about him and probably threats and insults for a while over this? And I'm sure he considered all this but chose to not follow what everyone else wanted but did what was best for his family... Yea what a punk. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Luck is going to be the new hated man in Indy. The positive is we have tons and tons of cap space lol.

That would be unfortunate.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah it’s a game.  

I hate that he’s retiring but Andrew Luck playing football doesn’t impact my everyday life.  

If this is the worst thing in your life right now you should be thankful for what a great life you have.

So true

Just now, Surge89 said:

This is hilarious.

Just an FYI no matter how right you are about crap fans doesn't change the fact these athletes are compensated and know what they are getting into with fans. Let's not act like they are these innocent people who should be sheltered. They know the price of Fame and the backlash when you do something shady in the public eye. Like quitting on your team after all the training camp is done.

So you're entitled to act like a small child and call people names?

Now THAT is absolutely hilarious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What luck doesn’t realize he let a lot of guys down that were depending on him. Guys like Ebron and Doyle who are in their FA years.  Now we have to start over.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I've seen it all. People sitting behind screens calling Andrew Luck of all people a coward.

• Like 2

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You should probably NOT post when you're clearly under the influence........

Just a suggestion.....

That is not an unrealistic assessment.  Didn't Reich say Luck had a Monday deadline if he was to start week one?  That could have been Luck's set deadline to retire as well.  

Wasn’t there a player in the draft this year nobody wanted to take because they said he didn’t love the game enough.

9 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Doing right by you is never a wrong choice.

Luck did not hurt anybody. He is doing what is best for him.

He's doing plenty of wrong to 52 other teammates that have aspirations and put in the work.

He's also doing wrong to the owner who invested big money into him.

Can we stop idolizing this guy? He's no saint lol. He's doing plenty of wrong so he can ride into the sunset on his previous high dollar contracts that most likely now some of his teammates will never see because he quit on them.

• Like 1

This is horrendous. We're going to be stuck in purgatory with no shot at any top QBs. OL is finally good, just in time for this. With our luck it'll be back to bad once we actually have another QB. This sets us back a half decade if we're lucky, decades if not. This is the most painful news in Colts history, counting Peyton's retirement.

• Like 1

But why now...?

.....What was he told in the last week to 10 days..

....If he has no serious injury..why now.?

Unless he was told he DOES have another serious injury