Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
boo2202

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

Recommended Posts

To me now, Luck is on the same level as McDaniels. Completely deserted us and put us in a terrible situation. At least McDaniels was replaceable though, now we have to start Brissett/Kelly and hope for the best or draft someone in the first round next year. Sets us back 3-5 years and ruins all of Ballard's hard work.

 

Sad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Then he should have either stuck out the season and played as the injury is not something that can get worse.  (from what we know).

 

Or.....told the Colts this 7 months ago. 

 

Doing this 2 weeks before the season is chicken ****.  Especially if he really did hurt himself snowboarding.....again.

He pretty much already explained in small words why he didn't stick it out.  It's obvious it was something that could be reinjured.  As a matter a fact that thing was supposed to be healed by training camp, but it still lingered and never went away.  I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall as far as how long he'd be dealing with that during the season.  Again no matter what time he chose he'd still have some in his corner and then others like yourself who'd be at the opposite end of the spectrum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

 

Must be a rough night for you.

 

Thanks for asking,  but I'm fine.....       disappointed but fine....

 

Life goes on....     you learn things like this when you're 62.     You've got a long way to go....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Thanks for asking,  but I'm fine.....       disappointed but fine....

 

Life goes on....     you learn things like this when you're 62.     You've got a long way to go....

 

You don’t have to be 62 to learn them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Thanks for asking,  but I'm fine.....       disappointed but fine....

 

Life goes on....     you learn things like this when you're 62.     You've got a long way to go....

 

Will you still be a fan of the Colts? I know you were here because of Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I called this weeks ago.


Where were you?

 

I know....   I was right here,  reading your nonsense.

 

Tonight, while crowing that you are right,  and called it,  you're conveniently forgetting that you said he doesn't care about football,  and that the injury wasn't serious.     Remember that?

 

The opposite is true.    This injury IS serious and he does care about football.    Just the opposite of what you said a few weeks ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, threeflight said:

I called this weeks ago.


Where were you?

Even a blind squirrel, can get lucky enough to find an acorn once and a while & feel good about it.   

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

You don’t have to be 62 to learn them 

 

No, most people don't.    You're correct.

 

But in the case of one particular poster,  there is the old exception to the rule....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Will you still be a fan of the Colts? I know you were here because of Luck.

I think his posting answers that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Well, if he comes out later with a busted nose and a black eye, which would be justifiable, although not encouraged, we will know for sure how his teammates feel

 

No, that would absolutely not be justifiable and to suggest it would be is disgusting

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Thanks for asking,  but I'm fine.....       disappointed but fine....

 

Life goes on....     you learn things like this when you're 62.     You've got a long way to go....

just wanted to make sure you're ok.

 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You don’t have to be 62 to learn them 

anyone who takes 62 years, is pretty slow...

just saying

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

No, most people don't.    You're correct.

 

But in the case of one particular poster,  there is the old exception to the rule....

 

I learned about 6 if not before when the first set of kids I got attached to graduated

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping some of the players who did come here because of Andrew Luck hold up their end of the bargain and still play ball at a high level. Guys like Funchess for example.  I believe he will, but I know how these deals work out sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, krunk said:

He pretty much already explained in small words why he didn't stick it out.  It's obvious it was something that could be reinjured.  As a matter a fact that thing was supposed to be healed by training camp, but it still lingered and never went away.  I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall as far as how long he'd be dealing with that during the season.  Again no matter what time he chose he'd still have some in his corner and then others like yourself who'd be at the opposite end of the spectrum.

If Luck would of retired 7 months ago, we could of signed Foles in FA (who Reich is familiar with, or drafted a QB like Drew Lock. Luck waiting til now makes a HUGE difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Sorry,  but I think the last few year shows the opposite is true.    Tonight,  Andrew described his life as being injured for four years straight.    His first four years he was the most hit quarterback in the game and whoever was 2nd, was a mile behind him.   And you somehow think he's a wuss who can't take the pounding.      You literally couldn't be more wrong.

 

All I can tell you is I was told by a friend who played in the NFL and who is very close to an NFL player still playing that word around the league was lots of other NFL qbs would have played the past 2 years with the injuries Luck had. 

 

Hell even Irsay said it was more between the ears than an actual injury.

 

I think Luck played with worse injuries with his ribs and kidney compared to the shoulder.  But for whatever reason, that injury really scared him.

 

And I am sure getting married and starting a family did even more.

 

He has always been kind of a nerdy, strange guy.  Not your typical NFL jock.  This is kind of right up his alley of something he might do if you really see what kind of person he is.

 

I don't begrudge him retiring.  I am furious however at his timing.  2 weeks before the season?  After telling everyone you will be ready for week 1?

 

That is chicken ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

just wanted to make sure you're ok.

 

giphy.gif

anyone who takes 62 years, is pretty slow...

just saying

See my next post because I learned it very early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Will you still be a fan of the Colts? I know you were here because of Luck.

 

I will, thanks for asking.     I doubt I'll be quite as passionate,  but I'll still follow the Colts.

 

I really, REALLY like Chris Ballard.    And I like what he's doing and how he's building the team.   I look forward to seeing how he goes about dealing with this.

 

I'd recommend watching the 24 minute video with Ballard, Irsay and Reich.    Ballard is very, very up beat about Brissett and the team.    He's talking about them and telling everyone,  media and fans alike,  not to write off the team this year.    Not yet.   He thinks this team has some good football in it.   (My words on that sentence)     He thinks Brissett is a great leader and the team will rally to him.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If Luck would of retired 7 months ago, we could of signed Foles in FA (who Reich is familiar with, or drafted a QB like Drew Lock. Luck waiting til now makes a HUGE difference.

“Forced”Retirement doesn’t work that way

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If Luck would of retired 7 months ago, we could of signed Foles in FA (who Reich is familiar with, or drafted a QB like Drew Lock. Luck waiting til now makes a HUGE difference.

Do you think 7 months ago he thought he'd be sitting in training camp with a calf injury that won't heal?  I don't think so.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

just wanted to make sure you're ok.

 

giphy.gif

anyone who takes 62 years, is pretty slow...

just saying

 

Wrong again.     I didn't say I learned it at 62.

 

Reading comprehension is not a great skill for you.    A remedial course is recommended.

 

By the way,  Nadine is not a fan of our exchanges.    I'd recommend much less.

 

And since you're the one asking me for less,   I'd recommend you take your own advice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I will, thanks for asking.     I doubt I'll be quite as passionate,  but I'll still follow the Colts.

 

I really, REALLY like Chris Ballard.    And I like what he's doing and how he's building the team.   I look forward to seeing how he goes about dealing with this.

 

I'd recommend watching the 24 minute video with Ballard, Irsay and Reich.    Ballard is very, very up beat about Brissett and the team.    He's talking about them and telling everyone,  media and fans alike,  not to write off the team this year.    Not yet.   He thinks this team has some good football in it.   (My words on that sentence)     He thinks Brissett is a great leader and the team will rally to him.

 

Found it on youtube. Will watch it to calm my nerves. Thanks!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I will, thanks for asking.     I doubt I'll be quite as passionate,  but I'll still follow the Colts.

 

I really, REALLY like Chris Ballard.    And I like what he's doing and how he's building the team.   I look forward to seeing how he goes about dealing with this.

 

I'd recommend watching the 24 minute video with Ballard, Irsay and Reich.    Ballard is very, very up beat about Brissett and the team.    He's talking about them and telling everyone,  media and fans alike,  not to write off the team this year.    Not yet.   He thinks this team has some good football in it.   (My words on that sentence)     He thinks Brissett is a great leader and the team will rally to him.

 

I don't see Jacoby leading us anywhere.  I understand Frank and Chris have to be upbeat, but Jacoby imo just does not have the touch to be a solid NFL qb.

 

I would feel better with Kelly as the starter imo. 

 

With the schedule this year?  I think 8-8 is going to be a good season.  Most people were predicting a 10-6 or 11-5 season with Luck.  So going .500 this year would imo be a good year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Do you think 7 months ago he thought he'd be sitting in training camp with a calf injury that won't heal?  I don't think so.

Definitely wasn't the calf injury that made him retire (unless we learn it's a torn achilles or something). It's an accumulation of injuries over the years and he just didn't feel like going through them anymore. Unless we hear different, he'd of recovered pretty soon from the calf injury, even if he missed regular season time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I don't see Jacoby leading us anywhere.  I understand Frank and Chris have to be upbeat, but Jacoby imo just does not have the touch to be a solid NFL qb.

 

I would feel better with Kelly as the starter imo. 

 

With the schedule this year?  I think 8-8 is going to be a good season.  Most people were predicting a 10-6 or 11-5 season with Luck.  So going .500 this year would imo be a good year.

Let’s give him a chance. We have a great defense and if we can run the ball we should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

All I can tell you is I was told by a friend who played in the NFL and who is very close to an NFL player still playing that word around the league was lots of other NFL qbs would have played the past 2 years with the injuries Luck had. 

 

Hell even Irsay said it was more between the ears than an actual injury.

 

I think Luck played with worse injuries with his ribs and kidney compared to the shoulder.  But for whatever reason, that injury really scared him.

 

And I am sure getting married and starting a family did even more.

 

He has always been kind of a nerdy, strange guy.  Not your typical NFL jock.  This is kind of right up his alley of something he might do if you really see what kind of person he is.

 

I don't begrudge him retiring.  I am furious however at his timing.  2 weeks before the season?  After telling everyone you will be ready for week 1?

 

That is chicken ****.

 

The players comment comes from a spectacular amount of ignorance.   Not something to be posted and boasted about.    Luck took not one, but TWO surgeries to get anything close to right last year.  And his arm still looked terrible in September.    Or don't you forget being pulled for a Hail Mary?    So, players can say what they want,  ultimately,  they don't know squat.

 

And now you want to quote Irsay?     Please....

 

So, as YOU yourself acknowledge,  Luck played with other injuries that you called worse,  so if he was slow to come back from the shoulder surgery, perhaps he had good reason.   Perhaps the arm wasn't healed.    Perhaps that's why he had two surgeries.    Perhaps that's why he had a unique rehab program, from Europe and with a former baseball pitching coach.  

 

As for Luck,  do you really want to try to explain Andrew Luck to me?    As a Stanford fan,  I started following him his senior year of High School.   Saw every game he played at Stanford.   I've seen most everyone he's played with the Colts.    There are few here who know more about Luck than I do.     I know Andrew Luck.

 

Finally,  for the chicken Sh** comment....    it's your opinion,  you're entitled.    But don't pretend you know what you think you do.     You don't.   THAT'S chicken Shi**.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Definitely wasn't the calf injury that made him retire (unless we learn it's a torn achilles or something). It's an accumulation of injuries over the years and he just didn't feel like going through them anymore. Unless we hear different, he'd of recovered pretty soon from the calf injury, even if he missed regular season time.

He saw the writing on the wall that he was going to be injured all year long.  Back in the same cycle that he just came out of with the Labrum.  He didn't want to do that anymore.  He must have gotten some kind of news that this thing is more serious than what they let us know.  Must of had a pretty good chance of aggravating the thing during the season.  He said the only way for him to get healed up was to remove himself.  He's got more going on than what we know. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for fans of teams who base their loyalty on only what players come and go on their teams. I have followed the Colts from the late 50's and Have experienced  many, many great and not so great players who have worn that Colts uniform. But over the years, through owners, coaches , QB's  and the rest of the position players , My loyalty has always been my love of that damn horseshoe. It will always be to me what this team represents, regardless , of who ends up wearing it. To me that is what a fan is suppose to be about.   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

 

You get over it man, we get it dude, you support Luck and his decision! Great! A boatload of people don't! We have every right to vent in this moment. Sorry you don't agree with our sentiments, you don't have to quote every person and tell them you disagree with how they feel emotionally, in an obviously highly emotional time for the fans/fanbase. 

 

 

So far, no one has said that you don't have the right to vent, though I could certainly make the argument that no you don't. 

 

I'm pretty sure the "get over it" comment had more to do with how despicable it is that some people are angry that Luck decided his current and future health is more important than the entertainment he's supposed to provide them. You don't have to like the decision and no one is asking you to be happy about it. I'm not happy about it myself. But Im not so entitled to think that another man should keep himself in constant pain and jeopardize his quality of life for my entertainment. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puts in perspective what TY Hilton was going through last year playing through the pain he did.

"I've got a low and a high ankle sprain on one ankle," Hilton said via the Indianapolis Star. "I'm dealing with two injuries in one, which is pretty tough.

"I dealt with it. I gave the team everything I had."


Hilton sustained the injury on Dec. 9 against the Texans. He had nine catches and 199 yards receiving in the game.


 Meanwhile Andrew : Owwie my calf hurts, I am retiring.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's fine. probably be back in XFL or another nfl team in a year. just more gossip on the nfl show.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Puts in perspective what TY Hilton was going through last year playing through the pain he did.

"I've got a low and a high ankle sprain on one ankle," Hilton said via the Indianapolis Star. "I'm dealing with two injuries in one, which is pretty tough.

"I dealt with it. I gave the team everything I had."


Hilton sustained the injury on Dec. 9 against the Texans. He had nine catches and 199 yards receiving in the game.


 Meanwhile Andrew : Owwie my calf hurts, I am retiring.

Hilton has barely been hurt his entire career. Andrew has battled through a lot of injuries. I don’t blame him with being done with rehab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm hoping some of the players who did come here because of Andrew Luck hold up their end of the bargain and still play ball at a high level. Guys like Funchess for example.  I believe he will, but I know how these deals work out sometimes.

 

Honestly i'm more worried about future free agents as well. I've been looking at a lot of reactions across the NFL and most of the players are bringing up the booing from the fans. Why would you want to play for an organization that the fans will turn its back on you so quick. (But i do get the reaction from the fans. We are all in shock and hurting)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reidm said:

 

Honestly i'm more worried about future free agents as well. I've been looking at a lot of reactions across the NFL and most of the players are bringing up the booing from the fans. Why would you want to play for an organization that the fans will turn its back on you so quick. (But i do get the reaction from the fans. We are all in shock and hurting)

If Dak prescott,  drew brees, pat mahomes or any team with a solid qb announced  that they were retiring  tomorrow  I guarantee  their fans would boo. IT'S an angry response  announced at a bad time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Puts in perspective what TY Hilton was going through last year playing through the pain he did.

"I've got a low and a high ankle sprain on one ankle," Hilton said via the Indianapolis Star. "I'm dealing with two injuries in one, which is pretty tough.

"I dealt with it. I gave the team everything I had."


Hilton sustained the injury on Dec. 9 against the Texans. He had nine catches and 199 yards receiving in the game.


 Meanwhile Andrew : Owwie my calf hurts, I am retiring.

You are a real piece of work, aren't you?

 

Luck played for 2 seasons with torn labrum, he beat the Superbowl champion with lacerated kidney and the Titans with a concussion.

 

You are a "know-nothing" on a internet forum who's playing Mr. Tough Guy in front of a computer screen. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy for him, as fans we don't understand how this game cripples these players emotionally and physically. Need to know when to move on. Exciting times ahead.

 

Anyone who booed this man last night, can go # themselves. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If Dak prescott,  drew brees, pat mahomes or any team with a solid qb announced  that they were retiring  tomorrow  I guarantee  their fans would boo. IT'S an angry response  announced at a bad time

 

Like I said i get the reaction. I was stunned/mad/confused/sad. I'm just looking at NFL players reactions so far and we look bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

 

The Colts did after Unitas, Jones, Elway, Trudeau,McMahon, and Manning so it can and will happen again

I'm talking about this season alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Reidm said:

 

Like I said i get the reaction. I was stunned/mad/confused/sad. I'm just looking at NFL players reactions so far and we look bad. 

 

Huh?      How do you figure?

 

There's a whole thread of player responses on twitter,  they're all nothing but supportive of Andrew Luck.    No one mentions the Colts?       How do the Colts look bad?    In what way?

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • What if Kelly can be anywhere near as good as his uncle Jim?     Not saying he is now or if he will ever be, and maybe those of us who want to see him get his chance, are just too optimistic.             But stranger things have happened. I’m just saying I liked what I did see in preseason.
    • Love the enthusiasm but why would Joe Brady leave LSU to come to Indy.    More accurate- Love+ Reich+ House= Best Learning situation possible. 
    • I think they are smart,finding thee guy is never easy .Not like other teams in the league are not  in the same predicament.We have been in quarterback heaven the last 20 years.
    • So I didn't get everyone, so here's my updated roster.   Full PPR QB: Winston @ Det, Tannehill vs Hou RB: Cook @ LAC, Elliot vs LAR, D. Washington vs Jags, mattison WR: D. Moore vs Sea, Hopkins @ Ten, Gallup vs LAR, ODB @ Ari, Crowder @Bal, D. Slayton vs Mia  DST: Pat's @Cinci, Bal vs NYJ   In this one I'm looking to flex Washington or Slayton, depending on Jacob's status     Half PPR QB: Winston, Darnold RB: Cook, Hunt @Ari, P. Laird @NYG, Mack @ NO,  WR: Thomas vs Ind, Adam's vs Chi, Diggs @LAC,  D. Slayton vs Mia, Z. Pascal @NO DST: Ravens vs Jets, Steelers vs Buf.    In this one I'm considering a couple options:   1. Laird over Hunt since he's both the main back and pass catcher   2. My flex between Diggs, Slayton, or Laird/Hunt.  Not trusting pascal since he'll be shadowed by Lattimore most likely.    @chad72
    • The moment he was associated with a Colts WR thread! 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...