Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We still have the best all around team in AFC South

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Duke Johnson is not a lead back, he is a 3rd down pass catching back. No way he becomes their starting rb for the season. If they dont sign Ajayi they could trade for Shady McCoy because of that logjam or even Melvin Gordon (Hopefully not he would help them quite a bit).

lamar miller wasnt special either.  Ajayi could be a good pickup for them, or us for that matter

Houston is the clear front runner because they have the best QB and best WR group. Defense has aged somewhat but is still very solid. Watson isn't elite but I would say he's very good. He has had some injury issues himself though.

I would put Jags next given they added Foles and you would expect their D to have a bounce back year from 2017-18 when they were so dominant.

I would say I think we are better than Tennessee for the #3 spot.

One thing I see people saying is that Brissett will have a much better line than in '17. Which he will. But at the same time I think it should be said the pass pro might not look as good with Brissett as it did with Luck. Not saying it'll be '17 levels bad, but I think we'll see a lot more sacks than last year.

Reich said himself that Luck's ability to make pre-snap reads were vital for our pass pro and the success of our offense as a whole. And he specifically said that's one area Brissett needs to improve on. 

That's what I'll be watching closely this season, Brissett making the right pre-snap protection reads. He's gonna have to start channeling his inner-Luck in that respect. 

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

One thing I see people saying is that Brissett will have a much better line than in '17. Which he will. But at the same time I think it should be said the pass pro might not look as good with Brissett as it did with Luck. Not saying it'll be '17 levels bad, but I think we'll see a lot more sacks than last year.

Reich said himself that Luck's ability to make pre-snap reads were vital for our pass pro and the success of our offense as a whole. And he specifically said that's one area Brissett needs to improve on. 

That's what I'll be watching closely this season, Brissett making the right pre-snap protection reads. He's gonna have to start channeling his inner-Luck in that respect. 

This could happen. Luck and Kelly were great at calling the protections. I also will be interested if not having luck will effect the run game. Brissett is going to have to prove he can get it down the field. I look for us to use DF In kind of the Julian Edelman role this year which should help JB. Having Doyle should also give JB a dependable guy. Cain and TY out there should open things up for TY. JB is going to have to learn to get the ball out quicker.

It seems like they signed Funchess because he does well on the routes that Luck threw the most last year. I wonder if he and Brissett will align the same way he was expected to with Luck, but I doubt it. I don't think Brissett throws those passes the same way.

21 hours ago, threeflight said:

Let us not forget that last year we won a ton of games that could have gone either way.....and that was with Luck.  The only real games I felt they played truly well in was Tenn and the Houston playoff game.

I think this is a good team with Luck.  Without him?

8-8 at best. 

Unless Chad Kelly really blossoms.  And I think he could.

Not the Dolphins game??

Played bad the first half. Dug us into a hole. Then leads a game winning drive on a truly epic throw to Chester Rodgers. That game was crazy

17 hours ago, presto123 said:

I wonder why the Colts signed him in the first place. His multiple police incidents makes it seem like he's a total ****. Character issues don't begin to describe it. He even made a terrorist mass shooting threat in a bar. wth? Not like he is 20 years old either. He's 25 for crying out loud. Is that somebody we want carrying the torch for the franchise?

He just "wakes up angry!" I like him all the way. my .02.