Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm 29 and mentally tired. Can I quit my job today?

Iron Colt

5 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Maybe do a little snowboarding?

You were one of the people booing at the game, weren’t you?  Or, if you weren’t there, you would’ve booed him if you had been.  The people who did that made us all look awful.

The guy has been through hell the past several years — and it’s harder than any of us know to compete at that level.  Get off his back.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

You were one of the people booing at the game, weren’t you?  Or, if you weren’t there, you would’ve booed him if you had been.  The people who did that made us all look awful.

The guy has been through hell the past several years — and it’s harder than any of us know to compete at that level.  Get off his back.

i would gladly take those injuries for 100 million.... its hard to feel so bad when you see guys like farve with broken ribs playing .    ty had a worse foot injury last year walking with a bad limp and still carried the colts never gave up .    luck gave up simple as that.  he never had the brady manning passion for the game he is into other stuff and got bored of working .  if tom brady missed 5 season in a row he would never quit . we need a Qb with a burning passion not one who gives up with a mild sprain.       that is why i love manning and wanted to keep him  with spine surgery couldnt even grip a football a injury 100 times worse then anything luck went through and his passion to never give up is why i  am his biggest fan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i would gladly take those injuries for 100 million.... its hard to feel so bad when you see guys like farve with broken ribs playing .    ty had a worse foot injury last year walking with a bad limp and still carried the colts never gave up .    luck gave up simple as that.  he never had the brady manning passion for the game he is into other stuff and got bored of working .  if tom brady missed 5 season in a row he would never quit . we need a Qb with a burning passion not one who gives up with a mild sprain.       that is why i love manning and wanted to keep him  with spine surgery couldnt even grip a football a injury 100 times worse then anything luck went through and his passion to never give up is why i  am his biggest fan.

It's very easy to be so brave on Internet, right? What do you know for sure about Andrew's injuries? Yeah, playing with broken ribs is a great headline to remember... but not when you can't remember your girl's name because of concussion.

18 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

1) Do you realize how much money Andrew is leaving behind to do this?  It’s going to be a lot, particularly if there are clawback clauses in his contract dealing with signing bonuses and such.

2) If he’s incapable of getting and staying healthy enough to play at peak performance, then he’d be doing the team a disservice in many ways to stick around.  Think about the cap hit.  Think about the FO delaying the hunt for another franchise QB while waiting for him to get back to form.  Think about him keeping Brissett and/or Kelly from getting their shot.

3). These players are just as human as the rest of us.  They’re not just robots who go out and perform 16 days a year for our enjoyment.

JJ Watt said it very well last night — that it’s easy for any of us to say what we’d do if we were in his shoes....but he’s the only one actually in those shoes.

I’m just as bummed as anybody that Andrew’s career ended how it did, as soon as it did.  I’m just as bummed that we have to ask ourselves “what if.”  But it’s absolutely wrong for Colts fans to be angry at him.

Last night, when I heard that booing, was the first time I can ever remember being ashamed of fellow Colts’ fans (I’m not going to paint with too wide a brush...I’m sure the booing was isolated and most of us are grateful for all of Andrew’s efforts the past 7 years).

The fans who booed and who are berating him for making this decision should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I will take a small bite.  There are thousands of people that literally work themselves to death enduring extreme medical conditions and get denied Medicaid.  I have personally experienced a 40 year old father die of heart congestion as he was forced to work for his families welfare.

Additionally, tons of talk recently bashing running backs that are upset about their physical welfare and their compensation.  I have heard many many people bash them saying they signed a contract etc etc.

Luck signed a contract which is a two way agreement.  We compensate you for your services, for this duration, at this price and upfront money.  

Why is it ok to bash the running backs and yet Luck is exempt?  

Now if he is really breaking mentally then perhaps that moves things towards the exempt category.  If he just isn't "into it" and "no longer loves football" then by all means honor your commitment and don't treat him special.

I wish Luck the best and if he is truly struggling with mental demons I hope he gets well.  I so appreciate what he brought to the team. 

If he just doesn't want to put the work in and doesn't have to because he is a millionaire then that means to me he just quit on the team, fan base, and doesn't honor commitments.

• Like 2

• Nadine locked this topic