Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Scott Pennock

With The Next Pick: Jordan Love - QB - Utah State

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I posted this right after Lucks retirement before anyone else made him the "flavor the month"..... I also never compared him to Mahomes either. 

 

Just gets back to your "yawn" comment.....you don't like him, that's fine. Move on from the thread then.

I never said I don't like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Plus they are rebuilding and could use more picks. Give them a year to sort through the 3 QB they have and see if cam is healthy.

 

I am sure ballard will have all kinds of inside info on QB when the draft starts and where they might go.

 

Also saw that the saints said they can’t keep Bridgewater, Hill. and Brees. I could see Teddy being a target for the chargers in FA if that happens. So much can happen before the draft.

 

 

I actually see Teddy as being a target for the Colts if he hits FA.  Some think he's similar to JB but so what.  We know he is much better and only 27.  If he hits FA he will most likely be the No1 FA QB target.  We have the means to get him and I would think he would like the Colts as a fit especially with our OL.  Then Ballard could keeps his picks and he can draft a QB later if he wants.  He would help to attract FAs as well.  Carr is my 1st choice but if that fails and Bridgewater gets free then I could easily see the Colts being a very serious suitor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I actually see Teddy as being a target for the Colts if he hits FA.  Some think he's similar to JB but so what.  We know he is much better and only 27.  If he hits FA he will most likely be the No1 FA QB target.  We have the means to get him and I would think he would like the Colts as a fit especially with our OL.  Then Ballard could keeps his picks and he can draft a QB later if he wants.  He would help to attract FAs as well.  Carr is my 1st choice but if that fails and Bridgewater gets free then I could easily see the Colts being a very serious suitor. 

He throws so many lollipops and floaters.  No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought if Cam is healthy. He might fit a Rhule offense if he installs a little bit of a college offense there.

 

I only want Bridgewater if we can’t get the QB we want in the draft or Ballard isn’t sold on one of them. I would rather start with a young stud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Not saying I agree, but PFF, doesn’t have Love in top 60

They really do not like him at all.  I am sure as the draft gets closer there will be a better idea of where he might go. He really could go just about anywhere. He could got top 15 or drop to the end of the first.  Maybe even last to the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just a thought if Cam is healthy. He might fit a Rhule offense if he installs a little bit of a college offense there.

 

I only want Bridgewater if we can’t get the QB we want in the draft or Ballard isn’t sold on one of them. I would rather start with a young stud. 

I don't think Ballard will have the luxury to wait on trying to sign Bridgewater until after the draft.   He will be in high demand and will be signed before the draft.  There is no guarantee he gets the QB he wants in the draft unless he moves up and since this class is not that highly rated I find it hard to believe he would pay that price to try to get one of the top three.  Bridgewater might make more sense.  Bridgewater would make us a contender again right away and Ballard can get back to building the roster as he originally intended.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think Ballard will have the luxury to wait on trying to sign Bridgewater until after the draft.   He will be in high demand and will be signed before the draft.  There is no guarantee he gets the QB he wants in the draft unless he moves up and since this class is not that highly rated I find it hard to believe he would pay that price to try to get one of the top three.  Bridgewater might make more sense.  Bridgewater would make us a contender again right away and Ballard can get back to building the roster as he originally intended.  

Which is why I don’t see him going after a FA QB. If he does we know he isn’t sold on any of the QB. I am sure he would rather draft the further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 10:04 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

 

What article?  There is so much crap out there on the internet, one cannot take anything seriously.

Oh man, this post was back in August so it might be a little rough to find after all the craziness surrounding him now but I'll try to dig deep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As transparent as Ballard is about building through the draft I'm still unsure about all of you clamoring for a FA starting QB? 

 

Brissett is still here for one more year....

Hoyer for two....

And Chad Kelly.

 

He, Dodds, Reich, Sirianni, Groh and Brady will concoct their QB that can run their system and Ballard will draft him and likely sign an UDFA version of the draftee as well. That gives us 4-5 QB's in offseason workouts and camp to run through the ringer.

 

Both Brissett and Hoyer can be cut with no penalties as well, so keep that in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

As transparent as Ballard is about building through the draft I'm still unsure about all of you clamoring for a FA starting QB? 

 

Brissett is still here for one more year....

Hoyer for two....

And Chad Kelly.

 

He, Dodds, Reich, Sirianni, Groh and Brady will concoct their QB that can run their system and Ballard will draft him and likely sign an UDFA version of the draftee as well. That gives us 4-5 QB's in offseason workouts and camp to run through the ringer.

 

Both Brissett and Hoyer can be cut with no penalties as well, so keep that in mind.

Brissett and Hoyer are signed to be here but that can change quickly.  FA is one road but so is a trade.  If Brady winds up in Las Vegas Carr will become available. The draft and FA are not the only options.  Still way to early to have an idea on where Ballard might be going though.  But I wouldn't rule out a trade at all.  That might be the best way to right the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty informative breakdown of Jordan Love on Stampede Blue. Showcases the good and bad - excellent throws along with boneheaded or poorly placed ones.
 

 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/2/4/21119154/colts-quarterback-draft-prospects-utah-states-jordan-love

 

 

A lot of the attributes to some degree remind me of Luck. Escapability and beautiful throws with the occasional pick leaving you scratching your head.

 

Obviously Luck had a whole lot of the former which we can’t expect from a prospect available at 13.
 

I wouldn’t be sad if he was there and we took him; I may be if we traded too much to move up and get him however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Nothing like throwing at the wall and seeing what sticks mentality!  I too question the many 2nd-3rd rd projects as I believe this far up in the draft should be more proven commodity than projects.  I'm not questioning Ballard and Staff but like you this isn't passing the eye test.  Let's hope these early rd picks squashes our eye test!
    • PFF hasn't always proved to be reliable. Just my experience the past 3 - 4 years.
    • There were several that ate that soup, and asked for seconds lol...     I'm actually OK with Banogu, but I just don't like the fact that we've taken like 4 2nd and 3rd round DEs in the past 3 years (prior to 2020) and still had to go sign Houston. That's a lot of draft capital. Hoping Turay works out. Banogu is a total project.    And I really like Blackmon. I think he'll end up as the SS though. Given the system he came from, and watching the film, I just don't see the range require for FS. I certainly could be wrong. I think he'll end up displacing Willis for at least passing downs.   But yes, time....  
    • NONE of us ate the JB soup that was force fed to us by the staff but their actions of signing Rivers says they were wrong.  I cant argue with Ballards tendency to project as this is the most valuable trait known to a SCOUT but they will indeed overshoot more than hit.  Banugo looks like an airball and I think Ballard went for the homerun with Blackmon but only time will tell.
  • Members

    • HectorRoberts

      HectorRoberts 780

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SSColts

      SSColts 5

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Luck 4 president

      Luck 4 president 1,068

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Southern Cal

      Southern Cal 6

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 20,992

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • our_dbs_rock

      our_dbs_rock 878

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pogi

      pogi 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 5,115

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MarquisJ

      MarquisJ 455

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 3,897

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...