Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With The Next Pick: Jordan Love - QB - Utah State

5 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I posted this right after Lucks retirement before anyone else made him the "flavor the month"..... I also never compared him to Mahomes either. 

Just gets back to your "yawn" comment.....you don't like him, that's fine. Move on from the thread then.

I never said I don't like him.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Plus they are rebuilding and could use more picks. Give them a year to sort through the 3 QB they have and see if cam is healthy.

I am sure ballard will have all kinds of inside info on QB when the draft starts and where they might go.

Also saw that the saints said they can’t keep Bridgewater, Hill. and Brees. I could see Teddy being a target for the chargers in FA if that happens. So much can happen before the draft.

I actually see Teddy as being a target for the Colts if he hits FA.  Some think he's similar to JB but so what.  We know he is much better and only 27.  If he hits FA he will most likely be the No1 FA QB target.  We have the means to get him and I would think he would like the Colts as a fit especially with our OL.  Then Ballard could keeps his picks and he can draft a QB later if he wants.  He would help to attract FAs as well.  Carr is my 1st choice but if that fails and Bridgewater gets free then I could easily see the Colts being a very serious suitor. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I actually see Teddy as being a target for the Colts if he hits FA.  Some think he's similar to JB but so what.  We know he is much better and only 27.  If he hits FA he will most likely be the No1 FA QB target.  We have the means to get him and I would think he would like the Colts as a fit especially with our OL.  Then Ballard could keeps his picks and he can draft a QB later if he wants.  He would help to attract FAs as well.  Carr is my 1st choice but if that fails and Bridgewater gets free then I could easily see the Colts being a very serious suitor. 

He throws so many lollipops and floaters.  No thanks.

7 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Not saying I agree, but PFF, doesn’t have Love in top 60

They really do not like him at all.  I am sure as the draft gets closer there will be a better idea of where he might go. He really could go just about anywhere. He could got top 15 or drop to the end of the first.  Maybe even last to the second.

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just a thought if Cam is healthy. He might fit a Rhule offense if he installs a little bit of a college offense there.

I only want Bridgewater if we can’t get the QB we want in the draft or Ballard isn’t sold on one of them. I would rather start with a young stud. 

I don't think Ballard will have the luxury to wait on trying to sign Bridgewater until after the draft.   He will be in high demand and will be signed before the draft.  There is no guarantee he gets the QB he wants in the draft unless he moves up and since this class is not that highly rated I find it hard to believe he would pay that price to try to get one of the top three.  Bridgewater might make more sense.  Bridgewater would make us a contender again right away and Ballard can get back to building the roster as he originally intended.  

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think Ballard will have the luxury to wait on trying to sign Bridgewater until after the draft.   He will be in high demand and will be signed before the draft.  There is no guarantee he gets the QB he wants in the draft unless he moves up and since this class is not that highly rated I find it hard to believe he would pay that price to try to get one of the top three.  Bridgewater might make more sense.  Bridgewater would make us a contender again right away and Ballard can get back to building the roster as he originally intended.  

Which is why I don’t see him going after a FA QB. If he does we know he isn’t sold on any of the QB. I am sure he would rather draft the further.

As transparent as Ballard is about building through the draft I'm still unsure about all of you clamoring for a FA starting QB? 

Brissett is still here for one more year....

Hoyer for two....

And Chad Kelly.

He, Dodds, Reich, Sirianni, Groh and Brady will concoct their QB that can run their system and Ballard will draft him and likely sign an UDFA version of the draftee as well. That gives us 4-5 QB's in offseason workouts and camp to run through the ringer.

Both Brissett and Hoyer can be cut with no penalties as well, so keep that in mind.

7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

As transparent as Ballard is about building through the draft I'm still unsure about all of you clamoring for a FA starting QB? 

Brissett is still here for one more year....

Hoyer for two....

And Chad Kelly.

He, Dodds, Reich, Sirianni, Groh and Brady will concoct their QB that can run their system and Ballard will draft him and likely sign an UDFA version of the draftee as well. That gives us 4-5 QB's in offseason workouts and camp to run through the ringer.

Both Brissett and Hoyer can be cut with no penalties as well, so keep that in mind.

Brissett and Hoyer are signed to be here but that can change quickly.  FA is one road but so is a trade.  If Brady winds up in Las Vegas Carr will become available. The draft and FA are not the only options.  Still way to early to have an idea on where Ballard might be going though.  But I wouldn't rule out a trade at all.  That might be the best way to right the ship. 

Pretty informative breakdown of Jordan Love on Stampede Blue. Showcases the good and bad - excellent throws along with boneheaded or poorly placed ones.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/2/4/21119154/colts-quarterback-draft-prospects-utah-states-jordan-love

A lot of the attributes to some degree remind me of Luck. Escapability and beautiful throws with the occasional pick leaving you scratching your head.

Obviously Luck had a whole lot of the former which we can’t expect from a prospect available at 13.

I wouldn’t be sad if he was there and we took him; I may be if we traded too much to move up and get him however.