Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Pennock

With The Next Pick: Jordan Love - QB - Utah State

Then draft a stud WR in the 2nd Round to pair with him, unless we extend Funchess of course. Otherwise go back to fortifying the defense!

• Like 1

Lets hope that Briskett inproves and becomes a top 15 QB

And we can use the first pick on OL or DL

16 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Lets hope that Briskett inproves and becomes a top 15 QB

And we can use the first pick on OL or DL

Now the high praises sent JB's way from coach Reich and company will be tested or proven.

• Like 1

I like Jordan Love as a prospect tbh. Seeing how he ends up playing this year is going to be key for if they'll prefer him over others. I read an article earlier saying Chris Ballard was high on him.

he doesn't do well under pressure... has a higher ceiling than Brissett, but his completion rate drops alot and he makes turn overs...

On 8/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, Scott Pennock said:

Yawn

At a minimum, draft a developmental QB somewhere. Which smart GMs do about every other year. 

See how the draft falls, don’t force anything and select BPA. 

Utilize FA to fill any critical areas not covered in draft. 

The draft looks extremely deep with QB, WR and CB. Not much else at the moment. 

With Funchess on a one year deal and Hilton approaching 30, I could see potentially a WR in Rd #1.  

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yawn

You can yawn if you like, however, Ballard scouted him personally last year and sent several scouts to watch him (and some LSU players as well) a week or two ago.

So they are obviously doing their due diligence on him. I would not be surprised if he is drafted as a developmental QB and sits behind Brissett.

What about Chad Kelly, the swag? :) 

If he is on the roster, we don't need another QB given that Hoyer is signed for another 2 years. :peek:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

You can yawn if you like, however, Ballard scouted him personally last year and sent several scouts to watch him (and some LSU players as well) a week or two ago.

So they are obviously doing their due diligence on him. I would not be surprised if he is drafted as a developmental QB and sits behind Brissett.

I am not yawning bout Love.  I am just yawning with the continual focus on the qb position .  We had Luck and Manning for 20 years.....one super bowl.  I want us to focus on the interior D line with our early picks.  I truly beleive that Brissett would absolutely have to  s...t the bed in order for the Colts to go early on a qb.  They seem to love him and r going to give him every chance to succeed. Honestly,  I feel they r quite happy winning the way they did the other night.  They r building old school and becoming less dependant on the qb.  Look at the qb salaries.  I truly beleive that if they continued to build this team in this manner and if Brissett had marginal success,  he would do like a Brady type contract.  

On 8/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, Kenzicocapontas said:

I like Jordan Love as a prospect tbh. Seeing how he ends up playing this year is going to be key for if they'll prefer him over others. I read an article earlier saying Chris Ballard was high on him.

Not in the first he was horrible last game I saw him 3 picks is horrible you lose by a lot if you throw three picks in a pro game most of the time.

You're digging up a post from before the season started to make a point on, bud. But yes, I agree hes going to be falling out of the first with how skittish hes gotten under pressure.