Indianapolis Colts
Shadow_Creek

Does Ballard Get More Time Now

I know that usually a GM or Head Coach have a three year window to make something happen in an organization but due to Luck retiring does this give CB more Time to continue building the franchise while searching for the QB he wants to bring in or will it still count towards him rolling with JB and possibly Kelly?

If there was a time limit, it surely got extended. Before he goes swinging for a homerun QB he needs to make sure the roster is almost golden.

• Like 1

I think the Colts are in more danger of him leaving voluntarily than we are of seeing him being shown the door.   Hes certainly has more work to do now though.  Andrew didnt make this easy on any of us.  From fans to coaches, players, and front office. This was a major blow to the entire organization and fanbase.  Super bummed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Look at it this way.  Now Ballard actually gets to find his own franchise QB.  Might be a beautiful thing.  

I think this development buys him a year or two.  But because the team is further along the expectation will be to find a QB that they can plug in and run with...probably acquire a quality veteran QB first and draft a young guy behind him to hopefully develop into a franchise guy.  

Jacoby has first crack to see if he can be the guy so let’s see what he does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Look at it this way.  Now Ballard actually gets to find his own franchise QB.  Might be a beautiful thing.  

I think this development buys him a year or two.  But because the team is further along the expectation will be to find a QB that they can plug in and run with...probably acquire a quality veteran QB first and draft a young guy behind him to hopefully develop into a franchise guy.  

Jacoby has first crack to see if he can be the guy so let’s see what he does. 

I think Ballard is doing well.  He's not afraid to invest in trading picks and doesn't go nuts with FA.  I think he's shrewd in this capacity.  I think we try Jacoby and see what he can do with better personnel, better than we had the last time he was our starter.  Meanwhile, keep our eyes open for better FA or draft picks. 

• Like 1

Yes and no. He has trumpeted that he was building a team that’s not about 1 specific person and now it’s time to show that he actually has been doing what he said or was it a politician speaking? I’d say providing he keeps the steady hand, doesn’t panic, team doesn’t desert or sloppiness creeps in, he gets to stay the course longer with this sudden change of important position swap has happened so late in the season. I don’t see CB as being in any trouble whatsoever based on his past two years already. He seems right and grounded. Griggs would have pooped his pants and went on a bender by now. 

We need to find a franchise QB and a young LT to pair him with.  

I don't know about Ballard, but I think the Colts window has been extended another three years, just about when Leonard and Nelson's contracts expire.

It’ll be interesting to see the type of QB he values in the draft.  He seems to have a ‘type’ for other positions that sometimes goes against the grain.

Of course if JB proves worthy, it might be another few years before we find out...

In time BALLARD will shine give him a break Rome was not built in a day and we just lost our empire. He will eventually find the right players. Imagine if   GRIGSON :omg: was still the GM