Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Luck retiring, will you watch the Colts this year?

Yoshinator

With Luck retiring, will you watch the Colts this year?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. With Luck retiring, will you watch the Colts this year?

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted yes. Yes this Luck news was a slap in the face but have been a fan when the team moved here in Indy. We had freakin Mike Pagel then haha . I think we will be competitive in most games but my expectations are lower now obviously.

So wish you we’re right about luck starting week 1. 

Personally, I rarely ever watched the games for Luck. I was always watching for our young guys, our competitions in different positions. Sure, Luck being gone will hurt, but this will just go to show how much our defense and offense have actually improved since he was last out. I want to see the defense on the field more, see what they do in more time, and if they don’t have more time on the field, that means the offense is doing work. Either way, it’ll be a good thing to watch. Colts Fan First, IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

will ferrell chill GIF

Jared good thing you are not tied to a HS or college

If I was not ultra positive in everything I would given at age 6

I couldn't get into college sports, not because players leave I understand that, but because of the recruiting process that makes things rigged towards a few select teams. Makes it completely unenjoyable. 

I'm not extremely upset over Luck retiring as I considered it a possibility, but I'm definitely depressed as it ruined the football aspect of my life.

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok. Right now it has come to the point where it's just going to be stressful watching Brissett be mediocre at best, and I can spend the time with my family and girlfriend. Went from having Luck and being SB contenders to being a below average team. Kinda hard to care with what just transpired. Like getting my house robbed and people expecting me to be the same person.

Watch that step off the bandwagon, it’s a doozy, wouldn’t want anyone hurting their ankle

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Watch that step off the bandwagon, it’s a doozy, wouldn’t want anyone hurting their ankle

I've been a Colts fan since 1998 when I was 10, longer than most people on this forum. If you want to watch a lost season, that's your perogative. I'm not ordering Sunday ticket for this crap.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've been a Colts fan since 1998 when I was 10, longer than most people on this forum. If you want to watch a lost season, that's your perogative. I'm not ordering Sunday ticket for this crap.

And if Jacoby turns into a Star?

no one is saying to buy anything. I sure don’t. Plenty of ways to see the games

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've lost all passion for the team right now and probably will just follow game stats and keep up to date on the teams progress. I live in Colorado though, so I would have to order Sunday Ticket and it's not worth it anymore.

Will you guys tough out the season knowing things look grim, or spend your Sundays doing other things? Let me know, and vent below if you wish!

I think you need to take advantage of living in Colorado, kick back, relax, and watch the show. We have plenty of Colts who deserve your support this season. The Maniac, TY, Cain, Nelson, we still have plenty to be optimistic over. It’s sucks, but it’ll be okay. 

I’ll be watching. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, stitches said:

I will be watching the team. I won't watch the rest of the league as much. I will have to watch all the Alabama, Oregon and Georgia games this year. Utah State apparently have a potential high pick QB too... 

I agree; I usually love to watch any NFL games but this has definitely taken the fun out of watching the other teams and comparing/contrasting with ours throughout the year. I am a COLTS fan though, not a Luck fan, so I will watch them always. :colts:

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

And if Jacoby turns into a Star?

no one is saying to buy anything. I sure don’t. Plenty of ways to see the games

If he becomes a star, I'll be man enough to admit I'm wrong, and the games I missed will be my loss. Just don't care enough to watch a season at this point.

I’ve watched the colts since they came to Indy, we’ve had a lot of bad football here. What I’ll have to learn to change is my expectations during the transition. Maybe we don’t have a huge drop off from being relevant in the league but if we do, we have to remember what the Browns have done and what outlook they have now and recall what we had before Harbaugh gave us just a glimmer of hope before Manning took us to such a high level of expectations. I’ll always watch and be a colts fan unless they move and alienate the base. 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I couldn't get into college sports, not because players leave I understand that, but because of the recruiting process that makes things rigged towards a few select teams. Makes it completely unenjoyable. 

I'm not extremely upset over Luck retiring as I considered it a possibility, but I'm definitely depressed as it ruined the football aspect of my life.

Not what I said at all

Even though I have not coached at PCHS In more than 15 years I still wear red on game days and go by Princeton everywhere I can

Yep, the toughest thing I've had to deal with as a Colt fan was the deliberately losing those final two games of '09. Man that sucked. And remember we had to put Sorgi on IR the Friday before the Jet game so Painter had to play. Quite frankly Sorgi probably wins those two games in a reserve role, and Painter had no chance. How do you tell a team not to win????? Even though I'm sure it has happened countless times in pro sports over the years.

2 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Yep, the toughest thing I've had to deal with as a Colt fan was the deliberately losing those final two games of '09. Man that sucked. And remember we had to put Sorgi on IR the Friday before the Jet game so Painter had to play. Quite frankly Sorgi probably wins those two games in a reserve role, and Painter had no chance. How do you tell a team not to win????? Even though I'm sure it has happened countless times in pro sports over the years.

I have to keep it real, that was really the only time I was actually angry with the Colts being a fan since 1984. I was disappointed in things like losing to the Pats in 2003 and 2004, losing to Pitt in 2005, and disappointed with Luck's decision today to retire. Having said that, the only thing that actually made me angry was quitting on 16-0. That was just ridiculous and not even explainable in my mind. Being disappointed and angry are 2 different things.

• Like 2

I voted yes as well, but I do think I might take some time off from the boards. I spend a lot of time on here, and let’s be honest my contributions have never been anything substantial. 

I think I’ll leave the true technical and sane comments to those like NCF and 2006. Go Colts and Ballard.

I'll definitely watch simply because I'm a Colts fan. My optimism which has grown over the last 12 months has certainly taken a kick to the teeth. For the first time in several years, I was actually more excited about a Colts season than a Notre Dame season. I've swung back hard to ND over the last 15 hours lol. 

What I won't be doing this year is going to any games. I was planning to combo some visits back to Indy to visit friends and family, and catch a few games. I was also trying to get a guy's trip to the TB game planned. Still may go to Tennessee and Carolina games if we're in contention, but that will be a late year call.

• Like 1