Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Luck retiring, will you watch the Colts this year?

Yoshinator

With Luck retiring, will you watch the Colts this year?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. With Luck retiring, will you watch the Colts this year?

I've lost all passion for the team right now and probably will just follow game stats and keep up to date on the teams progress. I live in Colorado though, so I would have to order Sunday Ticket and it's not worth it anymore.

Will you guys tough out the season knowing things look grim, or spend your Sundays doing other things? Let me know, and vent below if you wish!

What a dumb question.

Football is the ultimate team sport.  And there are 52 guys out there wearing the horseshoe not named Andrew Luck.  They are pouring everything they have into making the Colts the best they can be.  And a big reason why they do this — money and such aside — is for us fans.

Of course I’ll watch.  I wish Andrew the best and thank him for all his efforts to fight through the injuries.

But this is Indiana — the home of “Hoosiers”.  My team is on the field.

• Like 6

this wont stop me from watching, to be fair i probably would not go out of my way to see the colts now if i was abroad though 

this would probably be better received if you only asked people outside of indy.  its no big deal to tune in for free once a week 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've lost all passion for the team right now and probably will just follow game stats and keep up to date on the teams progress. I live in Colorado though, so I would have to order Sunday Ticket and it's not worth it anymore.

Will you guys tough out the season knowing things look grim, or spend your Sundays doing other things? Let me know, and vent below if you wish!

Bye bye band wagoners. You’re either a Colts fan or you’re not. Abandoning the Colts now is no better than what Luck just did, in fact it is worst.

this hangs on my wall...

*** edit, guess I’m banned from uploading photos of my Colts 1985 ticket

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah but my expectations are really low on lol...

I’ve never been one on the JB band wagon.  I’m hoping he magically becomes a top 10 QB but I’m not holding my breath.

I think this loss will cost us a few wins.  It would be silly to expect otherwise.

But I don’t think we should be fearing a meltdown.  Brissett is a pretty good backup. He’s not Luck, but he’s not bad.

Remember who drafted him. 

I am glad we have Chris Ballard, thank God for that. If he leaves I may jump off a cliff (not really but you guys get my point). He is the best thing the Colts have going right now. I think in time he will keep building this team with good players coming in. Hey the Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer, Bucs won one with Brad Johnson. Maybe Ballard with another draft can build around Brissett or whoever is QB?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Bye bye band wagoners. You’re either a Colts fan or you’re not. Abandoning the Colts now is no better than what Luck just did, in fact it is worst.

this hangs on my wall...

What Andrew did wasn’t bad.  He took beatings for many years and his body struggled to overcome the results of that.  Eventually, as we all feared could happen, his will to continue fighting the injuries was just all used up.  It happens.

And he has a family now.  Get off his case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I think this loss will cost us a few wins.  It would be silly to expect otherwise.

But I don’t think we should be fearing a meltdown.  Brissett is a pretty good backup. He’s not Luck, but he’s not bad.

Remember who drafted him. 

Yep, not much would shock me.  If he comes out and plays well, great but if he doesn’t play well I won’t be stunned.  As of now it’s just an eerily bumming waiting game.

I'll still follow them but it's not destination viewing anymore.  I'll probably do what I did in 17 and just listen on the radio while I do other things. I dont think I'll drop the cabbage to watch them live.  This one stings.  I seriously can't believe how disappointed I am lol.  Grown butt man totally bummed a dude ive never met decided to stop throwing a ball to other dudes I've never met while wearing matching outfits......What a world!

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

this hangs on my wall...

Ok. Right now it has come to the point where it's just going to be stressful watching Brissett be mediocre at best, and I can spend the time with my family and girlfriend. Went from having Luck and being SB contenders to being a below average team. Kinda hard to care with what just transpired. Like getting my house robbed and people expecting me to be the same person.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Things don't look grim, just not as good as before.

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok. Right now it has come to the point where it's just going to be stressful watching Brissett be mediocre at best, and I can spend the time with my family and girlfriend. Went from having Luck and being SB contenders to being a below average team. Kinda hard to care with what just transpired. Like getting my house robbed and people expecting me to be the same person.

This is nothing Compared many things our fellow forum members have to deal with

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

I'll still follow them but it's not destination viewing anymore.  I'll probably do what I did in 17 and just listen on the radio while I do other things. I dont think I'll drop the cabbage to watch them live.  This one stings.  I seriously can't believe how disappointed I am lol.  Grown butt man totally bummed a dude ive never met decided to stop throwing a ball to other dudes I've never met while wearing matching outfits......What a world!

You are in the same boat as all of us. I am 48 years old and very disappointed right now. Been a Colts fan since 1984. This one stings and for me it is also because I did not see it coming. I will still watch being a diehard fan but my expectations are low now. I hope Brissett shocks me like I was shocked this morning. I bet every team in our division is celebrating right now because they won't have to deal with Luck. Luck just does stuff like draw guys offsides to win games lmao . We won't have that anymore. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This is nothing 

As far as real life goes, you are correct. As far as the Colts go, this is literally the worst-case scenario and completely takes us out of SB contention for at least 3-5 years and ruins any enjoyment most Colts fans have built up.

The only people who aren't affected by this are the foolish optimists who believe Brissett can replace Luck, when Luck himself couldn't get us to a SB.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are in the same boat as all of us. I am 48 years old and very disappointed right now. Been a Colts fan since 1984. This one stings and for me it is also because I did not see it coming. I will still watch being a diehard fan but my expectations are low now. I hope Brissett shocks me like I was shocked this morning. I bet every team in our division is celebrating right now because they won't have to deal with Luck. Luck just does stuff like draw guys offsides to win games lmao . We won't have that anymore. 

I bet you he BOB and the Texans are having their “celebration” over Lamar Millers Wheelchair

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If I was going to leave it would have been the day Bill Polian cut Ken Dilger

When we quit going for the undefeated season in 2009 at 14-0 is the only time I considered leaving the team as far as watching. That really made me angry. Right after that happened I remember telling my dad that we will not win the SB now. Unfortunately I was right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

As far as real life goes, you are correct. As far as the Colts go, this is literally the worst-case scenario and completely takes us out of SB contention for at least 3-5 years and ruins any enjoyment most Colts have built up.

The only people who aren't affected by this are the foolish optimists who believe Brissett can replace Luck, when Luck himself couldn't get us to a SB.

will ferrell chill GIF

Jared good thing you are not tied to a HS or college

If I was not ultra positive in everything I would given at age 6

• Like 1