Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Luck out of the Picture...

WarGhost21

Should we start looking to move some of our older players who no longer fit in the teams timeline? I feel that it’ll be another couple years at least before we are seriously playoff contenders again, unless Brissett totally blows the doors off and kills it. I think AC, as much as we all love him, might garner a 1st round pick from a team like the Texans or the Seahawks, or another team that needs better O-Lineman. Sheard might also garner us a decent pick. The only older player I’d say we should hold on to for sure is Hilton, because he’ll be the mentor to his successor Paris Campbell. Would you guys be down to make some moves now, potentially stockpiling picks for the next year or two and grabbing our next franchise QB in potentially 2021 with Trevor Lawrence. I’m that regard, it would be building the team before getting the QB, which has worked out well for many many teams

2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Should we start looking to move some of our older players who no longer fit in the teams timeline? I feel that it’ll be another couple years at least before we are seriously playoff contenders again, unless Brissett totally blows the doors off and kills it. I think AC, as much as we all love him, might garner a 1st round pick from a team like the Texans or the Seahawks, or another team that needs better O-Lineman. Sheard might also garner us a decent pick. The only older player I’d say we should hold on to for sure is Hilton, because he’ll be the mentor to his successor Paris Campbell. Would you guys be down to make some moves now, potentially stockpiling picks for the next year or two and grabbing our next franchise QB in potentially 2021 with Trevor Lawrence. I’m that regard, it would be building the team before getting the QB, which has worked out well for many many teams

Not yet. We wait and see how Jacoby does first. No need to blow up a solid roster because of one pansy 

With Ballard's current drafting success, I don't see us in a position to get Lawrence in 2 years. Plus that's a long way out. I don't think anyone was ready to be back looking for a QB for another 5 years at least... but it does bring its own excitement to the offseason.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not yet. We wait and see how Jacoby does first. No need to blow up a solid roster because of one pansy 

Sure, I see where you are coming from, but even last year, Luck was a big part of the reason we went to the playoffs and won a game. He's super talented, and without him I think this team with Brissett will push for 7 or 8 wins at best per season. Trading away these players and losing Brissett next year, we would have tons of draft capital and could fill our holes before 2021, where I think we can tank for the first pick and get a super talented QB with a stacked young roster to take us to the promised land.

I was listening to some Houston reporter on the radio and he said the Texans are trying to trade Clowney for a starting left tackle...  so yeah... AC for Clowney might make some sense if we are going full on youth movement, but I kind of doubt it. 

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

Sure, I see where you are coming from, but even last year, Luck was a big part of the reason we went to the playoffs and won a game. He's super talented, and without him I think this team with Brissett will push for 7 or 8 wins at best per season. Trading away these players and losing Brissett next year, we would have tons of draft capital and could fill our holes before 2021, where I think we can tank for the first pick and get a super talented QB with a stacked young roster to take us to the promised land.

In the process, we would be creating even MORE holes.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I was listening to some Houston reporter on the radio and he said the Texans are trying to trade Clowney for a left tackle...  so yeah... AC for Clowney might make some sense if we are going full on youth movement, but I kind of doubt it. 

Pass

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I was listening to some Houston reporter on the radio and he said the Texans are trying to trade Clowney for a starting left tackle...  so yeah... AC for Clowney might make some sense if we are going full on youth movement, but I kind of doubt it. 

then we have to pay JC, while looking for a QB and LT.  the trade would help them more than us