Updated season predictions.

Stephen

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

With Jacoby 7-9

With Kelly making a late season run 10-6

Here is a good read

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017ckelly.php

The guy is talented

However......  Ryan Leaf had BETTER physical skills.... and we know how that worked out

Can he lead a team?

Can he be the face of the franchise?

Will the team mates follow him?

This guy has been a jerk his whole life it appears

I HOPE he has grown up....... unfortunately MOST people that are jerks STAY jerks, with very few exceptions..... 

If he gets some success....... does he revert to being a flaming wienie? Does he turn out to be a Jeff George?

There is a reason he was the last person drafted, there is a reason that he was cut by the broncos........

I hope he works out, I truly do..... we need a franchise QB. 

I hope that Briskett rises to the occasion.... if not....  Kelly has the talent to BE that guy....

But.... this will all play out.......  and the answer will prove itself

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Here is a good read

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017ckelly.php

The guy is talented

However......  Ryan Leaf had BETTER physical skills.... and we know how that worked out

Can he lead a team?

This guy has been a jerk his whole life it appears

I HOPE he has grown up....... unfortunately MOST people that are jerks STAY jerks, with very few exceptions..... 

If he gets some success....... does he revert to being a flaming wienie? Does he turn out to be a Jeff George?

There is a reason he was the last person drafted, there is a reason that he was cut by the broncos........

I hope he works out, I truly do..... we need a franchise QB. 

I hope that Briskett rises to the occasion.... if not....  Kelly has the talent to BE that guy....

But.... this will all play out.......  and the answer will prove itself

agreed, Kelly does appear talented and may have been a high pick himself if not for the off the field stuff

we cant just hand him the keys and ignore those issues though, hes been in trouble every where else hes gone.  they say he has been a great guy here, but thats as a fringe backup trying to make the team.  is he really ready to be the face of a team, handle highs and lows, deal with the media... etc ?

• Like 1

I'm thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

We're still a very young team and now that team, while it has some veterans, doesn't have an elite QB to fall back on. I trust Jacoby's leadership plenty but I don't think people predicting 10+ wins are comprehending just how much of a step down it is from Luck to Brissett. And not just as a passer but in how Luck could read the opposing defense pre-snap. There's a reason Reich credited Luck highly with our pass pro and said that was one thing Brissett had to get better at. I think people are in for a shock in that respect...I could see our pass pro really struggling this coming season.

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

We're still a very young team and now that team, while it has some veterans, doesn't have an elite QB to fall back on. I trust Jacoby's leadership plenty but I don't think people predicting 10+ wins are comprehending just how much of a step down it is from Luck to Brissett. And not just as a passer but in how Luck could read the opposing defense pre-snap. There's a reason Reich credited Luck highly with our pass pro and said that was one thing Brissett had to get better at. I think people are in for a shock in that respect...I could see our pass pro really struggling this coming season.

I am just going to take a wait and see attitude. No one has a crystal ball.  JB is in a great situation to succeed. So many weapons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

6-10...our division is tough..

…..We'll give it a good effort but we lost one of the 5 best QBs in the league..2 weeks before the season....

…..Our passing offense isn't very good

Luck was never Top 5 QB in the NFL. He has not lived up to the hype.  He never improved on decision making. Threw interceptions at critical times. He is just another good college QB who did not live up to projections.

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am just going to take a wait and see attitude. No one has a crystal ball.  JB is in a great situation to succeed. So many weapons.

He does have a lot of weapons. Definitely in a good chance to succeed. And I'm not ruling out a .500 season or better. It's possible.

But since it's a prediction thread I just gave my main prediction, which is that drive killing sacks could become a bit of a theme on offense. Just a hunch.

13 minutes ago, Roger said:

Luck was never Top 5 QB in the NFL. He has not lived up to the hype.  He never improved on decision making. Threw interceptions at critical times. He is just another good college QB who did not live up to projections.

pff would disagree with you.  you can say they are trash or whatever, but they watch every snap and grade objectively.   nfl.com had him top 5 last year too, writers and analysts respected how good he was, especially last year

Texans just lost their RB to a ACL tear. They have no oline.

The titans don’t really have a QB. Their left tackle is suspended 4 games.

The jags still have questions with foles and if he has enough weapons.

The colts are pretty healthy to start the season with lots of weapons. Yes JB isn’t Luck but their is enough talent to still win this division. I would take this team over any other AFC South team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The colts are pretty healthy to start the season with lots of weapons. Yes JB isn’t Luck but their is enough talent to still win this division. I would take this team over any other AFC South team.

I think we can still compete and expect a huge improvement  from Brissett. That being said not sure how we will fair versus saints and chiefs. Chargers can be beaten  play a clean game. Against the jags just have to not beat ourselves.  The texans oline still looks bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think we can still compete and expect a huge improvement  from Brissett. That being said not sure how we will fair versus saints and chiefs. Chargers can be beaten  play a clean game. Against the jags just have to not beat ourselves.  The texans oline still looks bad.

The teams we play on the road are going to be tough. If we can at least win our home games and a couple rd games that should be enough to win the division. Every afc South team has a hard first game. It’s possible all four teams lose their opener.

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

they all have to be liking their chances better now

lamar miller isnt a huge loss, some random back up can come close to what he did

i think foles is actually pretty good, they are lacking receivers though they can win with defense and running 

titans have a good roster too and they won games with running and defense last year.  they gave the patriots their worst loss in recent memory 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

they all have to be liking their chances better now

lamar miller isnt a huge loss, some random back up can come close to what he did

i think foles is actually pretty good, they are lacking receivers though they can win with defense and running 

titans have a good roster too and they won games with running and defense last year.  they gave the patriots their worst loss in recent memory 

So if the titans can do it with Mariotta why can’t the colts. The colts have a good team too. Everyone acting like the supporting cast is garbage. I think we actually have the better all around team then the other 3 teams.  It’s all going to be how this team faces adversity. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

So if the titans can do it with Mariotta why can’t the colts. The colts have a good team too. Everyone acting like the supporting cast is garbage. I think we actually have the better all around team then the other 3 teams.  It’s all going to be how this team faces adversity. 

i dont think its impossible that this is a good year, just not likely.

the division race is kind of interesting, if i had to pick a winner right now id say texans.  they have to find someone to replace miller and i think they will.  we went from having the best QB in the division to the worst until JB proves otherwise 

18 hours ago, Stephen said:

The colts go 10-6.

Brissett throws 4500 yards 35 tds 10 ints

My first post here...

10-6 was ambitious even with Luck. 

Brissett was drafted by NE, so we know he is a good guy. Still, he was traded to a team that NE knew was never going to be a threat. Like Bledsoe to the Bills...

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

pff would disagree with you.  you can say they are trash or whatever, but they watch every snap and grade objectively.   nfl.com had him top 5 last year too, writers and analysts respected how good he was, especially last year

Yep according to metrics Luck was 1 of 3 elite qbs last year 

12 hours ago, Roger said:

Ahh, the Pats fan visits. 

14 hours ago, Indy_Mike said:

With Jacoby 7-9

With Kelly making a late season run 10-6

Let’s chill a little on the Kelly love fest.  We’ve yet to see what Kelly can do against another teams ones in this offense when that defense is preparing for him.  

Generally speaking backup QBs, which is what I think Kelly is, show everyone why they are backups if they play long enough.  

Thats what we are about to find out about Brissett.  Has he grown enough to show he is a starter and not just a backup in this league?  That answer will probably determine what kind of season the Colts have.

19 hours ago, coming on strong said:

people here are gonna be surprised brissett is our future and is gonna be a top ten QB  i have been calling for brissett to take over since 2017  .  luck checked out at kc mentally .

18 hours ago, P'Son said:

Colts will be just fine.  QB is one position of many.  Wehave two good QBs. Record will be the same as it would have been with Luck.

Gimme some of whatever these guys are taking...

I think we will struggle to get over 5-6 wins this season, Brissett is no Luck lets be honest here.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, MikeCurtis said:

The guy is talented

However......  

Can he lead a team?

Can he handle the pressure of being the starting QB for the Colts? History is not on his side. Hope history is wrong.

8 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I've seen Brissett as a back up and as a starter and I have never been that impressed. First time I saw him compared to first time I saw Kelly, in very similar situations, Kelly hands down showed more talent and leadership ability. He deserves a chance this season before we go all in for a QB in next year's draft....that's all I'm saying, give the kid a chance, Brissett will get his shot first, but if/when he fails to impress, give the ball to Kelly!

Kelly's  pocket presence  can still improve  along with his blitz recognition. The best place for Kelly  is behind  Brissett  until Brissett  proves he is incapable of being  the starter. 

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Kelly's  pocket presence  can still improve  along with his blitz recognition. The best place for Kelly  is behind  Brissett  until Brissett  proves he is incapable of being  the starter. 

Brissett has earned his shot and will get it. I disagree that Kelly lacks pocket presence. Outside of a few fast and massive fails from our OL, he did very well. He got rid of the ball when needed, and had great avoidance. 

• Like 1