Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Now?

AddaiStillTruckedYou

After a few hours of vodka, I am now looking forward to solutions...We have too good of a team to tank.  Trade for Zeke maybe? I don't know who we could give up for him, but I'm not ready to give up this season.  This will truly be a year, where our success will be based on not just a couple players, but a collective team effort.  What do we do, other than fold our **** tails?  I'm all in on Brissett

P.S. Shame on those who booed the man

We just watch.  The team is set for the season.  Over extending trying to make something out of nothing is the worst thing the colts could do. 6-10 to 8-8 is probably the ceiling.   Tanking isnt an option, it would undermine everything the colts are trying to build.  This is a young team.  Unfortunately this looks and feels like the start of a decade of mediocrity.  It's a shame, for seven years we had THE quarterback and nothing in the GM or coaching staff.  Now we have what i believe is a great gm and (at least) a competent coach but a backup qb.......what do "we" do?  We watch TV on Sunday if the product is compelling enough to hold our attention and hope for the best out of the coaching staff and players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Sure, I'd do a lot of crazy things too if my multi-million dollar coaching career weren't on the line.  I think you're answer would be different if you were really the HC.   But hey, we don't see practices.  He may be tearing it up there.
    • Sounds similar to some of the recent criticism I've seen of the Saints and how they're using Hill.    I'm struggling to think of when a gadget/starter QB type combo has worked consistently outside of a few isolated plays. 
    • All very true. Can't dispute it. But you asked what I'd do.  I'd take that gamble I really would.  
    • The offense played pretty well.  They did only score 20 but lost 2 possessions to pick 6's  and lost the last 10 minutes by taking the "foot off the pedal." Run game was a bit disappointing but the rest was good.
    • If that ever happened, you'd either be the smartest coach since Lombardi, or run out of town on a rail, depending on how things turn out.   You know, realistically, that would never happen though.  As we saw last season, no matter how bad JB looked, they wouldn't put Kelly in.  Even when the game was meaningless.  (Unless they purposely wanted to tank that JAX game.  In that case, it worked well).  But overall, coaches are conservative and will go with an experienced player unless that rookie is wowing people in practice.  It even took a year with Mahomes on the bench, right?   I think we know why they put Swag on the PS instead of Eason.  Very small chance anyone is going to claim him.  Whereas, someone would take a chance on a free 4th rounder with potential.
  • Members

• richard pallo

richard pallo 2,984

• krunk

krunk 12,612

• Smonroe

Smonroe 9,972

• RollerColt

RollerColt 2,497

• Nesjan3

Nesjan3 1,073

• atapcl