Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Questions - How do you feel, JB, and Kelly??


EastStreet

QB Questions  

97 members have voted

  1. 1. How many losses before we turn to Chad Kelly

  2. 2. Your thoughts on Luck's retirement

    • He's great, we should thank him
    • I'm really torn and I don't know
    • He's soft, and a deserter
  3. 3. What the heck should we do

    • Roll with JB, and go to Kelly if needed
    • Go to Kelly as soon as possible
    • Find a QB to trade for
    • Tank the season and draft Tua
    • Just get through 2019, tank 2020, and draft Lawrence


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have no feelings because we haven’t seen Kelly against the 1’s.

 

He can mentally handle himself against fierce competition. In 2 games against Alabama he put up 762 yards and 6 TD’s.

 

Kelly is going to be a stud for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a lot of you Colt's fans think the sky is falling etc but I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about at the QB position. I really believe you have a franchise QB already on your team and thats Kelly. And for those of you that are doubtful, you won't be for long, once he gets on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackcoffeeguy said:

I know a lot of you Colt's fans think the sky is falling etc but I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about at the QB position. I really believe you have a franchise QB already on your team and thats Kelly. And for those of you that are doubtful, you won't be for long, once he gets on the field.

 

Love the optimism, but this is JB’s team now for what it’s worth. I don’t think JB is a franchise QB, but the Colts could be in a lot worse shape without him. 

 

Very premature on Kelly IMO.

 

How good JB is, well those questions are going to be answered very soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

arm strength and accuracy are things that typically don't fluctuate a lot.

It’s all the stuff between the head though. If he gets it upstairs, I like Kelly’s upside, not that JB is fodder but I am not sure that JB is talented enough to be a franchise guy. We are going to see soon and if it’s JB, I’m fine with that, hope we just don’t force JB into a franchise guy if he just really isn’t. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trent Dilfer.....hopefully we built our team strong enough around the QB position 

 

was ot Dilfer or Dilger? Now granted that Ravens defense was one of the best but Tampa also did it with a mediocre QB too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

8+ losses before you turn to Kelly... lol

I guess you want Tua?

If this team, without Luck, loses enough to get the #1 pick, CB doesn’t deserve to be retained. This team should have enough talent to muddle through and capture enough wins to be at least a .500 team. The defense has been invested heavily in and should be a positive influence this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackcoffeeguy said:

I know a lot of you Colt's fans think the sky is falling etc but I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about at the QB position. I really believe you have a franchise QB already on your team and thats Kelly. And for those of you that are doubtful, you won't be for long, once he gets on the field.

I have absolutely liked what I’ve seen from him so far but it’s not been against scheming teams with their #1’s playing and that’s a big difference. Denver didn’t cut the second coming of Manning because he screwed up a few times for sure but he has talent. I’d love to think either JB shows a better presence on the team now or that Kelly can be capable of taking on these responsibilities as well. A lot of unknowns here. But I’m not against entertaining the though that Kelly could be the guy if JB falters. 

22 minutes ago, MPStack said:

 

Love the optimism, but this is JB’s team now for what it’s worth. I don’t think JB is a franchise QB, but the Colts could be in a lot worse shape without him. 

 

Very premature on Kelly IMO.

 

How good JB is, well those questions are going to be answered very soon.

Well said 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly has elite talent. He really does...blows JB out the water potential wise.

 

Now if he can just keep his head screwed on...

 

He was brought it by Ballard and Reich because they see it too. Chris is all about character and is willing to take a risk on this guy, it should tel us all something. He will be starting by game 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For starters I'm devastated by Andrew's decision, absolutely gutted.  I'm struggling to find my enthusiasm for the season at the moment which never happens for me.  I also realize that the world keeps spinning so with that reality here's what I would say to the OP's question... 

 

I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to find a game feed on line (which I eventually did) so I could watch ... Kelly (I'm not local anymore). I have been really impressed by this kid that didn't even have a team to play for and was excited to watch him get some extended reps to see if he's been lucky or good.   Like most, I respect Jacoby for all the obvious reasons, great dude can win some games, but I don't see the positional talent that says he could be a top 10 QB.  I see a bottom third guy who can win some games, flash at times, crash at times but mainly serviceable.  Happy to be wrong. 

 

Ironically, as I sat with my Dad watching the game yesterday I turned and said "if he had a number 12 on we wouldn't know the difference except his arm is stronger." This was prior to * Schefter's tweet.  Kelly shows us a few really important traits in no particular order: accuracy, arm strength, pocket presence, escapability, and anticipation.  Now, I don't know if CK has the emotional intelligence to be the face of a franchise, we don't know if he can sustain this new found commitment, history tells us no but as we just found out ... things change, people change.  Anyway, I like everything I see in Kelly, I'd really like to see him get some run with the 1's next week.  The two week suspension will probably prevent it.  Having our third 'second generation' NFL QB would be a fun by-line not that that matters.

 

As I watched Kelly I actually thought prior to all this he could really push Andrew, so a long way of saying I think he has big upside, I do think Jacoby is without question our guy for the time being and let's Rally our enthusiasm around him in the these darkest hours and see how this all plays out...brutal times my friends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

He can mentally handle himself against fierce competition. In 2 games against Alabama he put up 762 yards and 6 TD’s.

 

Kelly is going to be a stud for us.

It's possible...for him it's all about maturity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Without Luck starting....whatever those circumstances were going to be....Jacoby has EARNED a solid shot as the starter.

 

Realistically, without Luck....we would need every other area of the Colts team to max out its performance in order to have a shot at the playoffs.

 

I think we CAN with Brissett because of the roster pieces that Ballard has assembled and the healthy TEAM culture that he and Frank Reich have fostered.

 

So IMO....the first words out of Reich's mouth to the team should be absolutely unequivocal in affirming Brissett as the starter.

 

If and when we get to the point where the playoffs are simply not going to happen for us.... 7-8 losses is what I voted, depending on how soon we hit that loss total.... and if Jacoby's play had a direct hand in too many of those losses.... then giving Kelly a meaningful body of work in which to showcase what he can do against NFL starting defenses in regular season games.... is a reasonable and sensible approach.

 

So yes....we need to know what we have in Chad Kelly at some point.... but if Jacoby was able to QB us to 4 wins with the anemic roster and shaky coaching staff we had in 2017.... then I believe, given the looks of the rest of the AFC South and the roster Ballard has built along with Reich's locker room culture....that we can STILL win the division or at least snag a wild card.

 

There is so much context to this situation that there are far more questions than answers right now.

 

As far as Andrew retiring.... I'm quite certain we don't have, and may never have, the full story of how and when this whole ankle business surfaced.

 

So I'm on the fence with that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Without Luck starting....whatever those circumstances were going to be....Jacoby has EARNED a solid shot as the starter.

 

Realistically, without Luck....we would need every other area of the Colts team to max out its performance in order to have a shot at the playoffs.

 

I think we CAN with Brissett because of the roster pieces that Ballard has assembled and the healthy TEAM culture that he and Frank Reich have fostered.

 

So IMO....the first words out of Reich's mouth to the team should be absolutely unequivocal in affirming Brissett as the starter.

shia labeouf applause GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

So IMO....the first words out of Reich's mouth to the team should be absolutely unequivocal in affirming Brissett as the starter.

 

They have no choice. If they don't, they lose the locker room real fast. It goes against everything they believe in and preach. Brissett is the guy this year and it's a one year prove it deal. I hope he plays like there is no tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with Briskett, is he was playing with 5-7 step drops on most plays, and was behind one of the WORST OLs ever assembled

 

Does anyone else remember how much he was hit? (again, and again.......)

 

He seems primed for improvement with this quick release, short pass offense

 

 

I do wonder if his actual release is fast enough, he has (at least had) a bit of a windup)

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

They have no choice. If they don't, they lose the locker room real fast. It goes against everything they believe in and preach. Brissett is the guy this year and it's a one year prove it deal. I hope he plays like there is no tomorrow. 

Agreed.... if we find ourselves at something like 3-7 or 4-8.... a point where the playoffs are unrealistic.... then Kelly should get his audition.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. First of all... I don't think the roster is as good as people seem to think(I don't think it's bad and it's probably better than it's been in a while, but I don't think it's great at any particular position). I think our defense is overrated(I think it's at best average, rather than what people assume it will be - good) and I think our offensive line is overrated(again - good, not great). The one part of this team that was underrated was the QB and that QB retired yesterday. 

 

2. I think this team had a chance to compete with healthy Luck. I think we have no chance in hell without healthy Luck. 

 

3. I also think Chad Kelly has not yet shown he can be trusted both on the field and off-the-field. I think Jacoby deserves his chance and unless he shows complete incompetence to the point where it hinders the development of other talent on the roster, I would roll with him for this season regardless of the record. 

 

4. I think the biggest competitive advantage in this league is having a franchise QB on a rookie deal or elite QB on whatever deal. Right now we have neither in my books. At least Jacoby has not shown it yet - and even if he does show promise, the likelihood of him becoming elite/worth his next pay is slim to none. 

 

5. Following from 4. Hoard assets because we will need them to acquire a franchise QB from the draft. I don't know if it will be in this coming draft or the following one, but chances are we will need to have enough assets to trade up in the draft because even if this roster is not elite it's not bad enough for full on tank. We will win the odd game here and there and we will end with the 10th or 15th pick or something... We will need to trade up for our next QB IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Without Luck starting....whatever those circumstances were going to be....Jacoby has EARNED a solid shot as the starter.

 

Realistically, without Luck....we would need every other area of the Colts team to max out its performance in order to have a shot at the playoffs.

 

I think we CAN with Brissett because of the roster pieces that Ballard has assembled and the healthy TEAM culture that he and Frank Reich have fostered.

 

So IMO....the first words out of Reich's mouth to the team should be absolutely unequivocal in affirming Brissett as the starter.

 

If and when we get to the point where the playoffs are simply not going to happen for us.... 7-8 losses is what I voted, depending on how soon we hit that loss total.... and if Jacoby's play had a direct hand in too many of those losses.... then giving Kelly a meaningful body of work in which to showcase what he can do against NFL starting defenses in regular season games.... is a reasonable and sensible approach.

 

So yes....we need to know what we have in Chad Kelly at some point.... but if Jacoby was able to QB us to 4 wins with the anemic roster and shaky coaching staff we had in 2017.... then I believe, given the looks of the rest of the AFC South and the roster Ballard has built along with Reich's locker room culture....that we can STILL win the division or at least snag a wild card.

 

There is so much context to this situation that there are far more questions than answers right now.

 

As far as Andrew retiring.... I'm quite certain we don't have, and may never have, the full story of how and when this whole ankle business surfaced.

 

So I'm on the fence with that one.

Well said

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

1. First of all... I don't think the roster is as good as people seem to think(I don't think it's bad and it's probably better than it's been in a while, but I don't think it's great at any particular position). I think our defense is overrated(I think it's at best average, rather than what people assume it will be - good) and I think our offensive line is overrated(again - good, not great). The one part of this team that was underrated was the QB and that QB retired yesterday. 

 

2. I think this team had a chance to compete with healthy Luck. I think we have no chance in hell without healthy Luck. 

 

3. I also think Chad Kelly has not yet shown he can be trusted both on the field and off-the-field. I think Jacoby deserves his chance and unless he shows complete incompetence to the point where it hinders the development of other talent on the roster, I would roll with him for this season regardless of the record. 

 

4. I think the biggest competitive advantage in this league is having a franchise QB on a rookie deal or elite QB on whatever deal. Right now we have neither in my books. At least Jacoby has not shown it yet - and even if he does show promise, the likelihood of him becoming elite/worth his next pay is slim to none. 

 

5. Following from 4. Hoard assets because we will need them to acquire a franchise QB from the draft. I don't know if it will be in this coming draft or the following one, but chances are we will need to have enough assets to trade up in the draft because even if this roster is not elite it's not bad enough for full on tank. We will win the odd game here and there and we will end with the 10th or 15th pick or something... We will need to trade up for our next QB IMO. 

Trading up would take a HUGE amount of draft capital and if there is a generational talent at QB, even more so. What team is gonna want to trade a potential stud QB for draft picks? I just don’t think it’s gonna be that simple for us

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The thing with Briskett, is he was playing with 5-7 step drops on most plays, and was behind one of the WORST OLs ever assembled

 

Does anyone else remember how much he was hit? (again, and again.......)

 

He seems primed for improvement with this quick release, short pass offense

 

 

I do wonder if his actual release is fast enough, he has (at least had) a bit of a windup)

 

 

 

 

He knows the playbook, has an improved o-line, great coach and better supporting cast. 

 

There shouldn’t be any excuses moving forward.

 

This season will prove he’s a franchise QB or  B. Leftwich 2.0

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Trading up would take a HUGE amount of draft capital and if there is a generational talent at QB, even more so. What team is gonna want to trade a potential stud QB for draft picks? I just don’t think it’s gonna be that simple for us

I mean... Colts fans are spoiled with 2 generational talents at QB in a row. IMO this is not realistic goal. There aren't enough generational types of talents at QB and teams don't trade out of those(Colts had Peyton Freaking Manning and still decided to go with the younger generational talent). For example, I don't think whoever ends with the no. 1 pick in the 2021 draft will trade out of this pick even if they have a good QB already, simply because Lawrence seems like the generational type of QB right now. 

 

IMO we should be looking at QBs that are high quality or have high quality skill/attributes that can be developed into a winning QB. Examples - Darnold, Watson, Mahomes from the last several years. Those were not considered generational types of talents and their teams traded up in order to acquire them and IMO their teams will be able to win with those QBs if they surround them with good enough talent. This is what we should be aiming at. Example - I love Herbert in next year's draft. But he's not perfect and there are some questions about him. This is the way you get a franchise QB - trade for imperfect QB that you develop and he flourishes under your coaches' guidance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Trent Dilfer.....hopefully we built our team strong enough around the QB position 

 

was ot Dilfer or Dilger? Now granted that Ravens defense was one of the best but Tampa also did it with a mediocre QB too. 

the Bucs had one of the best defenses ever assembled when they won the SB, they were not even really challenged on their run through the playoffs.  no one could score on them, the defense actually scored 21 points in the super bowl 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sevatar said:

What would be the contract situation with Kelly if he does have a good season? He's only on a year contract I believe.

He'll be a ERFA next year, and a RFA after the next, so a) the Colts can keep him for cheap for 3 more years, b) they'll have all the time in the world to test/decide if he's good enough (and characterwise capable of) leading this team.

 

Btw, I am amongst those who believe that based on pure talent, Kelly is better than Brissett. (waaay better). He's been showcasing his talent ever since he's been entered the NFL last summer. He turned heads in Denver as well, just like here in Indy.

 

However.... his maturity/character is a big concern. The Colts have to do a TON of homework on him before considering anything more than him being a backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

 

Btw, I am amongst those who believe that based on pure talent, Kelly is better than Brissett. (waaay better). He's been showcasing his talent ever since he's been entered the NFL last summer. He turned heads in Denver as well, just like here in Indy.

 

This. Anyone with eyeballs should be able to see that Kelly is electric when he’s out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

It’s all the stuff between the head though. If he gets it upstairs, I like Kelly’s upside, not that JB is fodder but I am not sure that JB is talented enough to be a franchise guy. We are going to see soon and if it’s JB, I’m fine with that, hope we just don’t force JB into a franchise guy if he just really isn’t. 

JB will now have a much better supporting cast than he did in 2017. So if he wants to be the guy, he knows what he needs to do. Personally, I think Kelly has a higher ceiling, but JB may surprise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

If this team, without Luck, loses enough to get the #1 pick, CB doesn’t deserve to be retained. This team should have enough talent to muddle through and capture enough wins to be at least a .500 team. The defense has been invested heavily in and should be a positive influence this year. 

The point of my post is, I don't think you wait for 8 losses before you give Kelly a shot, unless you're trying to improve your draft position.

 

In 2020, if we haven't solved for the long term QB situation, I'd be perfectly happy if Ballard played big Q at QB, and took Lawrence at #1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

I don’t trust Chad Kelly. 

 

He he hasn’t earned trust as a human being. It will take time. He has an opportunity. I trust Brissett.

I don't trust Kelly either. I do believe he has a higher ceiling, and might be the better long term prospect for QB though. I'm simply not going to wait for 8 losses before I give Kelly a shot. Reich said he's been a model citizen so far. I'd love it if JB proved me wrong. I'll be cheering hard for him in two weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blackcoffeeguy said:

I know a lot of you Colt's fans think the sky is falling etc but I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about at the QB position. I really believe you have a franchise QB already on your team and thats Kelly. And for those of you that are doubtful, you won't be for long, once he gets on the field.

Is that why he almost went undrafted??

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

JB will now have a much better supporting cast than he did in 2017. So if he wants to be the guy, he knows what he needs to do. Personally, I think Kelly has a higher ceiling, but JB may surprise. 

I can’t disagree with anything you said. I think JB showed he had some talent, but has consistency issues. Now that he is the guy, he has to show he can overcome that aspect of his game. He has the arm, he can make all the throws, it appears the teammates respect and trust him (huge). I have to ask the question, does he have the football smarts that an elite QB must have? I question that he does but I’m ok to be wrong. 

 

Ive liked what I have seen Kelly so under the limits that’s he has had. Colts are going to find out what we have, one thing we need now, a replacement for PW because as a 3rd guy, he isn’t really an nfl option at all. He was an arm to use during the practice squad and preseason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I get they're from one of the biggest TV markets in the country, but you knew that game was going to be a non-competitive snoozefest before it even started. I generally watch every Sunday Night game available, but I can tell you that both Sunday Night games that I largely tuned out of involved Packers-Bears contests (I wanna say there was a game in 2013 or 2014 where the Packers dropped 50+ on the Bears on Sunday Night and you could feel it was going to happen before the game even started).
    • I apologize for today guys. At least you whipped them the first time you played them in Tennessee but lost at home. I have a feeling the Titans are going to whip us when we see them just after Christmas.
    • Question for you and those who LOL with your post. How long have you been following football to ask a juvenile question? Is that even a question to ponder?   I'f I go through the list of South Florida talent, we would need to start a separate website, yes website never mind thread.   Coaches along: Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wanstedt, Pagano, just to name a few. Lets not start with players. On this current team, players not named Marlon Mack or TY Hilton, Anthony Walker, Jacoby Brissett, Al Qudin Muhammad, Xavier Rhodes (Norland High School is less than 20 mins away).   I actually take offense to your question. But to no avail, here is your answer: The Hurricanes hold the record for most players selected in the first round in a single draft (6, in 2004), most first-round draft picks in a two-year period (10, from 2003 to 2004), most first-round draft picks in a three-year period (15, from 2002 through 2004), and most first-round picks in a four-year period (19, from 2001 through 2004). As of the 2015 NFL season, UM has 45 players on NFL rosters, including players on NFL Practice Squads and Injured Reserves and not including current Free Agents, which is the most out of any NCAA program in the nation. As of the 2016 NFL Draft, Miami now has had at least one NFL draft pick in every draft since 1975, each of the last 42 NFL drafts, one of the longest streaks among FBS programs. The Hurricanes once had a streak of 149 consecutive regular season weeks where a former Hurricane scored a touchdown in an NFL game; the streak started in Week 15 of the 2002 NFL regular season and ended in Week 11 of the 2011 season.During the streak, 33 different former Hurricanes scored touchdowns and a total of 661 touchdowns were scored. From the 2001 Miami Hurricanes football team alone, 42 players went on to be drafted into the NFL from (2002-2006), including 17 1st round picks. The Hurricanes have had at least one former player make the Pro Bowl every season since 1985, 31 years in a row.
    • The game wasn't exactly a shock due to the missing players, but some of the themes were not what I expected, how about you guys?    Reason's the game was lost and what's next:  --------------------------------- 1. Rock Ya Sin.  I think Rock is starting to look more like a Draft miss than hit.  They often refer to his wrestling career, and that is never good because it usually comes after a Defensive Hold or Interference.  He really put us in a bind with his first penalty, and drove a stake in our heart when we had them stopped but they got the ball back for a later TD, and arguments could be made it costs us 14 points because it so deflated our team we went into a tailspin and gave up that ridiculous 4th down play setting up the 5th TD.     2. Loss of poise.  I saw several things, but that horrendous punching and disqualification was so deflating to the teams loss of poise in performance that I wouldn't be disappointed to learn they cut him from the team, though I doubt they have the b*lls.  There should be a near zero tolerance for a role player special teamer to lose his cool that egregiously and cost the team at such a critical time.     3. Loss of AC/Poor O-Line Depth may be a fatal blow to any post season success.  We have a long long history of failure without our most important lineman.  Even though he isn't what he once was (and it has been clear to me he's playing hurt as much as simple decline has kicked in) the drop off is so dire after him that I think only with significant shuffling can we keep Rivers upright and healthy and have any chance to run an offense not always in crises.  With a poor LT, Rivers one glaring weakness, immobility is amplified 10X.  I will say his quick release saved as many sacks as Mahommes could have scrambled out of, but the difference is he can't possibly complete meaningful attacks with so little time or free space to launch it to an open receiver.  Frankly his performance under that pressure was the most impressive performance I have seen from him all year.  But heroic sack saving isn't effective offense.  This lack o-line  depth has been something MANY here have been pointing not only all season and pre season, but literally going back to last season as well.  And we had MUCH better depth last year than this.  It was my #1 concern entering the season.  It was obvious.  A brilliant GM keeps making this same error.  He admitted his failure to secure a quality O-Line his first year (after many had begged the previous GM to do the same, and I believe that is truly what cost him his job, or at least deserved to).     Things that were hopeful: ------------------------------ 1.   Hines has proven to be a warrior.  He's our most important and reliable offensive weapon, much like the pass catching RBs of River's SD teams.  We should never see another game without him being a key contributor, no different than TN using their RB to do the same.   Everyone knew Hines was the only thing working, but he kept working nonetheless.  Reich needs to stop abandoning our key offensive weapon.  I even loved when they sent him deep.  I think HE could be used much like TY used to be, leading to...   2. TY Hilton FINALLY utilized by Reich and Rivers.  TY still has tremendous value.  We were reminded of that finally.  He still has moves, he can still contribute.  Sure, he's not 24 years old anymore, but he is likely our second best weapon after Hines still.  But Rivers simply has no chemistry with him.  All game he was forcing throws to Pascal, who I like, but they had Pascal 100% locked down.  The few catches he made were 50-50 balls.     3.  We saw evidence that our TE's are capable.  Why don't we use them, and use them often?  A three headed monster that should be dominating.  I think for us to have success down the stretch, in addition to using Hilton and Hines, our 3 capable TE's need to be all over the place on short to medium routes using their size and capable hands.  We saw late (too late sadly) that they were playing.  It was almost like they weren't through 3 quarters.  Sure, TN had backed up coverage, but dang, those guys have skills and can be hit quickly.     4. Brissett has been used well in short yardage.  I am glad they are building on this.  Even his relative slowness, he looks like a lightning bolt compared to Rivers.  I do think they need to show some short yardage passing so they keep defenses honest helping his future sneaks.     5. Pinter was serviceable compared to LT options.  I hope our center comes back and finishes the season, but Pinter at least showed a little depth at G/C.     What to do in the future now that winning the division is reasonably out of reach; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1. The line woes will continue to be a problem.  Depth is simply unacceptable.  I think if AC is lost for the season that we need to rethink positions, such as whether Smith could move to LT and perhaps use Pinter at RT?  I know he has "short arms" for Pro T play, but he has to be better than the other options.  I think they should strongly alter our game plans to account for lesser line e play.  Rivers didn't have time to let route develop, and with no mobility, they are going to have to improve our tepid screen play and conduct more short routes for multiple TE's in 2 TE sets.  Rivers has to be able to get the ball out quick.  I do think the play calling the past 4 weeks had improved, but something happened this game and we were just too limited until late in the game when they were hitting TEs and TY.   More please.     2. Our D should get back in line with the return of the Covid players.  I like the second half adjustments the D is making but why aren't we making these adjustments in the first half.  35 points is too much and the penalties are devastating.  Is it time to play Carrie instead of Ya Sin?  I think they should seriously consider demoting him for back ups.  He's just too much of a liability.  Perhaps if he came in off the bench we could get off the field more often in the first half.     What did you all think? 
    • I don’t mean to offend, but.....   The population of Buffalo is roughly 255,000.   The population of Chicago is roughly 2.66 million.   Our nation’s third largest city.  Plus, they were playing Green Bay, a team that historically gets good TV ratings even though it is much smaller than Buffalo.  It’s the smallest city to have a major sports franchise.  TV ratings are, in part,  why Indianapolis doesn’t get many National games unless they have someone like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.    It’s not just about the win-loss records. 
  • Members

    • IinD

      IinD 3,207

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lancer1

      Lancer1 232

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,810

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • wingoal

      wingoal 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JMichael557

      JMichael557 312

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Robert Johnson

      Robert Johnson 358

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SpanosSucks

      SpanosSucks 71

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dasteez

      Dasteez 96

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • nzh201vs

      nzh201vs 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JediXMan

      JediXMan 173

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...