Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank you Andrew!

Coltsfan66

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Yes , wasn't it a rotator cuff that shortened Jones career, in the end?  

It was a multitude of injuries iirc, then he was traded to the Rams and faded in to obscurity.  I would rather see Luck go out this way, on his own terms.

Embarrassed to say I'm still a bit upset that he did this so late in the game. 

But the fact that he did do it at such an inappropriate time for the team, I think shows how much he was struggling with the decision and how much it was hurting him. 

All the best Andrew.  Have a great life and forgive us fans for taking this game too seriously at times. 

Bert Jones was my all time favorite. watching Andrew with the shoulder brought back some bad memories. He is an intelligent guy with a bright future ahead of him. He has actually played more years than I thought he would.

Jones actually had a back injury in Los Angeles that ended his career. Well Colts, maybe qb protection will someday be a priority.

• Like 2

Just now, MCurtis32 said:

Bert Jones was my all time favorite. watching Andrew with the shoulder brought back some bad memories. He is an intelligent guy with a bright future ahead of him. He has actually played more years than I thought he would.

Jones actually had a back injury in Los Angeles that ended his career. Well Colts, maybe qb protection will someday be a priority.

Bert was and still is my all time favorite Colt.  Glad to see Luck go out on his own terms, bitter sweet as it is.

• Like 2

He said he was currently in pain.  I think he knew if he played this year with the ankle he’d definitely be looking at surgery next offseason.  Plus dealing with the pain of it all year long...

That’d be a lot of surgeries over what would be a 8 year career.  A year and a half of it missed to injury.  If he played this year, that’d be 2 full years played while seriously injured.  

That’s nearly half of his career dealing with injuries.  Luck gave us everything he had. The injuries just started mounting.  I’m disappointed but not mad at him.

• Like 3

Great thread. Luck is a true gentleman and a class act. Reading all those negative posts on other threads is disturbing though I get why people are angry. Anyway...

From Matt Overton on Twitter:

Luck didn’t quit on his team. Luck went through a brick wall a thousand times for his team & always took the heat like a champ. Selfless. True pro.

Go get your health & joy back brother!!! Thank you for everything you did for the team & city of Indy!

Link

• Like 4

Still in shock but looking at Luck's career I would still rank him as the 3rd best QB in Colts history.

My rankings

1. Peyton

2. Unitas

3. Luck here

Luck had a 53-33 record as a regular season starter in the NFL. He won 4 playoff games as well and went to an AFC Title Game. Teams feared him, that is how you know you have a great QB. He won a lot of big games. IMO he didn't have a hall of fame career as he did not play long enough but had a short very good to great career. I appreciate everything he did for the Colts.

Hey he went out beating Houston twice at Houston :banana:

• Like 1

Maybe not a HOF but should get his jersey retired by the colts yes? I can totally see someone thinking otherwise but man he gave us some great games, great comebacks and great years. I always used to say I didnt mind the Pagano era so much because we got some great second half comebacks to remember lead by #12 

4 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

How far you think Irsay's gonna go on the accolades for Luck?

Ring of honor? Will he get his number retired?

I think he’ll be ring of Honor, it will probably be a long time before any wears #12 again but I don’t think it will be retired.

• Like 1

Thank you Andrew for all you did for the community and this team. You gave hope to a city that just lost their face of the franchise (Manning) and made them the great team We all remember. I apologize on the behalf of some of the bitter * who boo and criticize you for trying to do what’s best for you and your family. You will be missed...

• Like 2

Thanks Andrew,

You gave the city hope after Manning left to continue with the organizational success we had. While healthy you lived up to every bit of the hype.

Unfortunately your playing style allowed you to take more hits than necessary, but was very entertaining and we could see your passion.

It's definitely sad to see you go, but if you don't have the same passion, it's the right move.

The more I think about it, I feel like the team had this play out this late, in hopes you would change your mind. The time had come and a decision was made. 

I apologize you had to hear Colts fans boo you as you left the field for the last time. Forgive them as emotions were high and no one knew what was going on.

We appreciate standing up there shortly after and addressing the situation and handling it like a man.

Sucks to see such a fun loving guy just completely drained.

Get well, you will be missed.

• Like 2

I'll never forget that recovered fumble and score against KC.  And the time some player grabbed his right shoulder pad while he was in the pocket.  He literally shrugged him off, kept looking down the field without missing a beat and completed the pass.  Fun times. 

I thought of all my Colts' fan friends yesterday when I heard the news.  I would be utterly devestated if Philip Rivers had announced something similar!

Andrew has been a great player when healthy.  He's also been a highly respected face of the franchise and a good man.  It's a wise decision for his future life, wife and kids (to come).  Blessings to him.