Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moving on Is Jacoby a temporary fix? Are do we search for a new franchise QB for the future?

horseshoecrabs

4 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

a non-elusive lumbering QB with no zip on his passes. Def sounds like Aaron Rodgers.

Brissett  is plenty  elusive.  Watch his browns highlights.  There were a few plays he avoided  being sacked. In one game in 2017 he joked out defenders and hit a spin move before running  into the endzone.  Brissett  isn't  a statue. He's  got some shake and bake. He's  not as fast as lamar jackson or Watson, but he can move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He can extend  the play like rodgers, throw on the run, run for first downs. Improved pocket awareness. A strong arm. Doesn't  throw many ints. He has all the intangibles  to be great.

the dude prolly has some of the worst pocket awareness in the league. he will hold the ball so long then get creamed.

Brissett  is plenty  elusive.  Watch his browns highlights.  There were a few plays he avoided  being sacked. In one game in 2017 he joked out defenders and hit a spin move before running  into the endzone.  Brissett  isn't  a statue. He's  got some shake and bake. He's  not as fast as lamar jackson or Watson, but he can move.

Brissett is a mediocre game manager...period.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

the dude prolly has some of the worst pocket awareness in the league. he will hold the ball so long then get creamed.

His pocket  awareness  has improved 

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett is a mediocre game manager...period.

He's  more than a game manager.

41 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He's  more than a game manager.

Bro, c'mon. He accounted for 13 passing TD's and 4 rushing TD's in 16 games in 2017. He's a good dude, but a playmaker he is not. Honest to God I'd love to be wrong about that, but I highly doubt I'll be proven wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Bro, c'mon. He accounted for 13 passing TD's and 4 rushing TD's in 16 games in 2017. He's a good dude, but a playmaker he is not. Honest to God I'd love to be wrong about that, but I highly doubt I'll be proven wrong. 

He showed up days before the season started.   He had zero off season work in that offense.   He has two full off seasons in this offense.   Obviously he will be better.   Not Luck good.  But much better than 2017.  

2 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

That was a terrible  team and he didn't  develop  chemistry  with wrs yet. Look at big ben's stats early  in career compared to now. By the colts bye Brissett  will have over 13 tds

• Like 1

That was a terrible  team and he didn't  develop  chemistry  with wrs yet. Look at big ben's stats early  in career compared to now. By the colts bye Brissett  will have over 13 tds

So now we're comparing him to Roethlisberger? Big Ben's QB rating was still almost 20 points higher his first year than JB's was. 

I'm eagerly awaiting the comparisons to Drew and Tom next, lol (just playing with you)

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He showed up days before the season started.   He had zero off season work in that offense.   He has two full off seasons in this offense.   Obviously he will be better.   Not Luck good.  But much better than 2017.  

I hope so. I'm just nervous as hell about it. We have a dang good team and I'm scared of it going to waste. 

Just now, Lennon1940 said:

I hope so. I'm just nervous as hell about it. We have a dang good team and I'm scared of it going to waste. 

I wouldnt worry about it. if JB sucks it up we will have a good pick to add more talent and we can get a look at Kelly. if he is good then everything is great lol

5 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

So now we're comparing him to Roethlisberger? Big Ben's QB rating was still almost 20 points higher his first year than JB's was. 

I'm eagerly awaiting the comparisons to Drew and Tom next, lol (just playing with you)

Let me put it this way. If Brissett  throws  under  15 touchdowns  with this current  wr Corp then he doesn't  deserve  to start in the nfl. Even Curtis  painter could throw over 15 tds with our current  team. Nathan  Peterman  probably  could to.

It's just way, WAY too early to know.

But I'd add this....   at the Luck retirement press conference,  all three,  Ballard, Reich and Irsay we're extremely high on Jacoby.    And I mean higher than you might expect.   Higher than just trying to talk up the opening day starter after losing Luck.    There was nothing routine about their comments.    They think this team can compete all year long.    

Maybe it's some false bravado,  but I don't think so.    I think they believe in the kid.

Not saying they believe Jacoby can take them to the Super Bowl this year.   But I think they believe JB can take this team to the playoffs.    And wouldn't we all be happy with that?!?

Yeah,  I think so.